Please how long to have my visa to Brazil , from Miami consulate

Please how long it takes to I have a visa to Brazil when I'm applied at Miami consulate,

And do they count the weekend days or just the busyness days?

That all depends on which category of visa you are talking about. We need more information, but generally speaking if you're talking about a VITUR Tourist Visa it should only take a couple of weeks if the paperwork is all in order.

A VIPER Permanent Visa based on marriage / stable union / family reunion may take 3 to 6 months.

Every other category of visa, including VITEM-IV Student Visa or VITEM-V Work Visa vary from case to case, they take as long as they need and nothing speeds them up, they are after all...... Brazilians.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you and yes is a tourist visa . I have 10 days their web page doesn't show any update in my case . I have a flight in 8 days do you think is possible to receive it before?

Did you inform the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Miami of the intended date of travel when you applied for the visa? If so they usually make every effort to get it out before then. Perhaps you should either phone them or go in person to enquire on the progress.

Thank you very much.

I went in last May, dropped it off, and got it in the mail less that 7 business days later.

Can you please tell me when you applied and when you received it? Did you get it on time? I'm in a similar situation

Thanks

The dates on the consulate websites are correct guys. I think most of the consulates in the states are 10 working days (if applied in person) and 15 working days (if done by mail). Comparing each others days doesn't mean much in your situations because there are too many variables.

Those are the maximum days and it's fairly rare where they will go over the maximum. Chances are you'll get your tourist visa sooner than that.

You also have to take into Brazilian holidays because they will take days off for those.