G'day All

I am a frequent traveller to Phuket over the past few years and i have fallen in love with the place, My intentions are to retire here one day, so I'm happy to receive any tips regarding visas for a over 50 y/o and the do's and dont's on buying a condo.

Pick the right one for you-if you like it, the price is in your budget, and contact the sales office (company directly) if you can-check the room and also materials of furniture, for visas for retirement, just go to immigration page and click on the 'retirement visas application section' and they'll take you through what documents you need and what you need to prove-much easier this type of visa than visas for younger people looking for jobs and work permits. For that, you can ask the condo project owner what steps you need to buy a unit for that condo. Foreigners can buy a condo and apartment but cannot buy house or land in thailand.
hope it helps
ive helped a german couple on settling down in thailand before (hua hin) so any questions please feel free to ask
kiwi phanayangkul
pro golfer

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter.

Hi I've just seen your question but even though its late, are you still interested in knowing about buying a condo in Phuket? Im from Sydney and travel to Phuket very often and am moving there myself in Jan 2015. I bought a condo 3 years ago in Patong so if you want to know more, just message me.

Ricko66 wrote:

I am a frequent traveller to Phuket over the past few years and i have fallen in love with the place, My intentions are to retire here one day, so I'm happy to receive any tips regarding visas for a over 50 y/o and the do's and dont's on buying a condo.

Just one bit of advice.
Rent a place for 3 to 6 months, and take a very long holiday, but before you sell up in Oz.
Then you'll see what long term life there is like, but before you make a serious financial commitment.