Want to learn Vietnamese

Is anyone here already experienced and found a better way to learn Vietnamese. As I am going to be in Ho Chi Minh for along time, I want to learn Vietnamese. A short and best way.
I am free to take lesson on weekends whole day.

Hi CHERAN84,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Your post has been moved to the Ho Chi Minh City forum, for better visibility and interaction.

I suggest you to post an advert in the Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City section, this might surely help. :)

Thank you,

David.

Thanks bro...

R u ok buddy?? You sound like you just got out of the treatment...

CHERAN84 wrote:

R u ok buddy?? You sound like you just got out of the treatment...

Trying to help another Expat.  You asked a question, I gave you my opinion.  Instead of "thanks, good tip", you insult me.  I take back my tip...it is erased.

Thampi Cheran!
You can join some language center and choose your time for lessons. After some basics, just mingle with people (preferably laymen). Warning: Do not join with any 'language exchange' people who cannot give anything to you, but will take 'something' from you! :D
Tailpiece: As an 'arrogant foreigner', I never go for learning :D

Nandri thalaiva...

Hi  CHERAN84,

Can you please post in English only for other members to read and participate on the forum. :)

Thank you,

David.

You can check out this center
vlstudies.com/vn/news--events/news/free-vietnamese-trial-class-is-back/412/1?gclid=CLiOyJaw_bkCFfFw4god8EcAvQ

Thank you very much... I would take the classes convenient to me..

Sorry bro,it is just a thanks in TAMIZH

[Moderated: No free ad]

Miss Quyen, I heard you had a really lovely student in Vung Tau,hẹn gặp lại Quyen.

VND 100.000 is reasonable. Anyway I like your way Quyen because you do not offer 'free service'!

Quyen is a nice girl, I practised with her here in Vung Tau. There is no pressure and she is very patient.

Yup, from her wordings we can understand that! Really appreciate these kind of people :D

Hi, are you Steve or Kevin? You made me confused. :)

Who was the most handsome.

So you are Kevin :D

colinoscapee wrote:

Who was the most handsome.

I am a vietnamese teacher. I can be a tutor

I saw somewhere your marketing ad. You too not 'free' teacher, good!

marymondaywednesday wrote:

I am a vietnamese teacher. I can be a tutor

I recommend you a good Vietnamese teacher who is a friend of mine. She is Yen and you can contact her at +84 938353540

Tom

i am vietnamese,my english not goog and i want to grown my english.
I want to learn English but you want to learn Vietnamese. We can leraning together by skyle, yahoo or other communication online.
What do you think?

Hi guy,

I don't think I have enough free time to teach you Vietnamese, but you can practise Vietnamese with me sometimes.

You can go Saigon language school in Truong Dinh St, District 3, they have courses to teach Vietnamese for foreigners
When I went to register a Japanese course there, I saw some foreigners go there for registering studying vietnamese

Hi Cheran84,
i am Tran. i am living in ho chi minh. i use to teach vietnamese. i have experiment about teaching. if you are interested. i can be your tutor. Pls contact with me if you like: [email protected].
Thank you

kimtran0411 wrote:

Hi Cheran84,
i am Tran. i am living in ho chi minh. i use to teach vietnamese. i have experiment about teaching. if you are interested. i can be your tutor. Pls contact with me if you like: [email protected].
Thank you

The right word is "experience".  They mean two different things as charmavietnam pointed it out to you.

Interesting thing is that people offering Vietnamese class  has not even a degree in Vietnamese Language and literature :D

Hi
There is no shortcut to study a language. Working hard, being studious and tolerant and choosing a prestigious school to enroll are elements to study well.:)
Good luck!:)

hi cheran84
i got your message today.thanks for that. i tried to reply, but i couldn't. it said: " cheran84 refuses your private message". i don't know  how to contact you now.
if you see this, inbox me!

hi Cheran4
i got your message for test. but still i could not reply you with the same problem. contact me via 01686 277 188.
see you soon!

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
kimtran0411 wrote:

Hi Cheran84,
Thank you

The right word is "experience".  They mean two different things as charmavietnam pointed it out to you.

What are you spellchecker 2014 all the sudden or grammar 1010?  You just had to put your 2 cents in didn't you?

[moderated: no free ads on the forum + post in the Language classes section pls]

Hi! Where are you from? I want to make friend with Janpanese. I will teach them Vietnamese and they teach me again Japanese.

Thanks

Hi there! I have an American friend who got a Viet girl as a tutor then he had to fire her coz lack of prepairation. He was an English teacher so he know how to teach and how it should be :) So, my point is, even u get a tutor, not good all the time. not so related, sorry :P

I'm vietnamese. If you want we can chat and talk to develop our foreign languages together.

Hello, my english name is Josh. I am Vietnamese and my home in Ho Chi Minh City.
I am looking for some new foreigner friends to exchange language English--Vietnamese. I am a freelance tour guide. I love travelling and coffee.
My email: josh.truong.vn(at)gmail.com
(Moderated: no phone number here)
Thank you!

Boysaigon wrote:

Hello, my english name is Josh. I am Vietnamese and my home in Ho Chi Minh City.
I am looking for some new foreigner friends to exchange language English--Vietnamese. I am a freelance tour guide. I love travelling and coffee.
My email: josh.truong.vn(at)gmail.com
(Moderated: no phone number here )
Thank you!

Josh I would edit your post and remove your contact details, there are a lot of weirdos out there.

Here are some online lessons to get you started.

youtube.com/watch?v=ol-SxJgOSQs

Donna, the attractive presenter, speaks clear, southern Vietnamese. Some of her grammar explanaitions in later lessons are not strictly correct, but no matter.  If you happen to have the Lonely Planet Vietnamese phrase book, disregard its guide to pronunciation. Instead, ask people you meet to read the sentences for you.  One of the universities in Saigon had formal classes in you wish to attend.

Vietnamese will be very happy that you are trying to learn their language, and the more you know, the more doors you find open for you. Good luck.