New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourself here

Hello Parvez Hasan

As suggested by our Team member Maximilien before, the best for you will be to contact the Switzerland Embassy in Dhaka to get the required infos.

Swiss Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bays Edgewater, 8th Floor
Plot 12, North Avenue
Gulshan 2
Dhaka 1212
Bangladesh

Telephone : (+880) 2 881 28 74 / (+880) 2 881 28 75
E-mail     [email protected]
Website     www.eda.admin.ch/dhaka

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello guys! I am a Filipina who is working in Italy right now, I've been here since 2007 and quiet bored.. I want to transfer in Switzerland if I could find a good paid job. Is there anyone who could help me please..

Thank u guys, friends are welcome!

Bonjour!
I am new here in Switzerland and I am looking for a Filipino community here. I am living here in Berne and looking forward to meet some new people also. I arrived just last month, July 26. Have a good day to all!

Hello everyone,

I comes from Czech Republic and I plan move to for several months to Konolfingen since January 2015. Konolfingen is close to Bern. It will be really nice to meet somebody, who lives close to Bern too :) Don't hesite to contact me ;)

All the best
Lucy

Hi my names Carlos and been living in Switzerland for 9 months now bloody love got my wife and kids here and my job so wat more could I ask for xxx

Hi am jay, currently in Mauritius  , I'm planning on moving to Switzerland in search of a job. Plz can  someone help me with useful information on how to go about the visa and all that.

Hi everyone!
My name is Kostas, I am from Greece and I'm visiting Friburg in 2 weeks  with my girlfriend. I have a cousin that works there and our plan is to stay a month and look for a job. I'm studying electrical engineering and my girlfriend is a teacher in primary school with 4 years previous experience but we are both looking for any kind of job!We speak English fluently and we have started learning french! If you have any tips or information of any kind that can help us out,please don't hesitate to contact me!!
Have a nice day!! :-)

Hi Kostas,
I am a retired electrical engineer living in the German-speaking northwest near to Basel.
First off, the chances of finding work in any industry in Switzerland is much higher in the German-speaking North.
Although good English is an advantage wherever you are in Switzerland it is almost essential to speak the local language so that would entail learning German.

Hi all. My wife and I are thinking about moving to Switzerland in the next year or two with our daughter to perhaps Lausanne. We hope to travel to Geneva this October or November to explore the area. We would really appreciate meeting with expats (I'm Irish) who could share their experiences and wisdom...over a beer or two! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dear Sir,
I am gimhan from sri lanka, i was married & have 2 baby girls. um currently working @ apparel industry & wife not doing job,She is a house wife.
My 1st baby studying grate 1 & 2nd 1 just only 2 & half years.
i started to build home but its stopped due to poor economics situation that's y um trying to find job from Switzerland.
If u can pls help me to build our family life.
my birthday-26-7-1979

God bless,
Gimhan.

Hello everyone ! I'm Leontios and i currently live in Athens,Greece. I'm thinking of moving to Lausanne to study Finance @ Unil. I would like to get more information about the universities there and generally about the life and career prospects in Switzerland as i believe is one of the most beautiful countries around the world!
Thank you!

Hello All,

Nice to meet you!

I am a new user of that forum so I wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Dagmara and I currently live in Poland, but Switzerland looks to be a great place to live.
I will be more than happy to share with you the thoughts regarding the country, its culture and customs.

Feel free to reach out to me!

Have a wonderful day,

Daga

Hi all, my name is Ciara and I'm an Irish girl living in Melbourne, Australia. Got offered a job in Geneva starting Jan 2015, so thinking of making the move for a few years...
I can see it's one of the most expensive cities in the world, so I'm trying to weigh up everything before I make the decision to move or not from "The Most Liveable City in the World" in the next couple of days!
I speak English, French and Spanish and I play field hockey and enjoy keeping active and meeting people.
As I understand it, the job is going to be in Meyrin, about a 5 min walk from the airport - so I'm looking into accommodation around that area, or close enough to be able to commute/walk/cycle.
My focus, should I take the role, would be to try and save as much money as possible - given that Geneva is so expensive, is this generally possible?
Would love to hear people's thoughts on Geneva; especially from a singles point of view, as I hear it can be quite boring/lonely at times.
Wishing you all the best in your adventures, whatever they may be!!

Hey Clara.
My name is Shanti and like you, I'm also in Australia. I have mainly visited Zurich as I have family and friends around there but I have visited Geneva once before and I am moving to Switzerland later this month.

Geneva is a very lovely place and from what I've seen, its very cultural.
Most cities in CH are very expensive; however what I have found is that if you don't mind a bit of a commute (about 20min or so) you can easily find a single unit or even a room for rent for about 300-400 per month in small surrounding towns. Then there is also shared housing.

Switzerland in general, can be very expensive but on the other hand the pay rate is generally higher, so as long as you know a few tricks on how to save up your sleeve then it shouldn't be too heard.

I hope this information is helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you and good luck. :).
Shanti.

Thanks Shanti!
Do you mean commuting by Public Transport? As I believe having and running a car can be quite costly in CH?
The advice is great - ill look in some surrounding towns for accommodation and try find some cheaper shops for groceries :)

Hey Clara.
Yes I mean public transport and you are right cars are very expensive in CH, especially the petrol (mind you, isn't that case here as well?)
As for supermarkets, there are only 2 types of supermarket in CH. Co-op and Migros :P.

Hi everybody! I´ve been offered a job opportunity in Zug. The salary would be around chf6000 net, and I would go on my own. Do you think it would be enough? I´ve been researching and costs seem to be really high in Switzerland.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!!

Hi I'm a new member today. I moved to Davos just over a year ago and it's been the hardest move in my life! I have lived in Sweden for the past 8 years and now to come here has been awful. Nobody talks to you , no jobs because of not being Swiss and I can't believe the predudice !
Anybody had any similar experiences ??

Hi everybody,

I'm here coz i am planning to go to live in Switzerland, Vaud area.
I used to live in Malta, small Mediterranean island, and in France.

I am looking to meet people, and especially learn "Schweizerdeutsch"

Well, if you have any good places to visit, for a drink or whatever, let me know

cheers ;)

Hello everyone !!

I'm originally from England and came to Switzerland 2 years ago with my Swiss husband after living in Hong Kong, Singapore and the USA.

I started blogging a few months ago after some encouragement from friends.

I travel a lot - I tag along on my husbands business trips and am lucky to get to spend time in some of the great cities around the world. We are currently in the middle of a 6 week stay in NYC.

My site has several blogs. Alongside the 'main' expat general one I write about the restaurants I have been to, things I am cooking at home (I love cooking and baking) and also about the places we visit.

I am very new to this so of course welcome any feedback !!

Hi. My name is Dax, i want to move and work in Switzerland and use my degree. however when i asked the crush.ch they told me that "due to the great differences between the two education systems and they can only accept cases from the Philippines if the diploma was awarded either by a so called “prestigious university” or by an institution deemed to be a “centre of excellence” and it happens that the university i went to is not one of the prestigious one. My friend in Switzerland invited my to visit there, and we are planning to apply for the visa as a tourist. In case that I will be approved and have a tourist visa, will it be easier for me to get a working visa and work in Switzerland?. If not what else can I do to work and live in Switzerland since i really want to be there. I hope you can help me.

with kind regards
Dax

Hi!
Thank's for your answer!
I'm nurse since this June and i want to live in Switzerland. I seek employment in Lausanne. Thank if you know who to help me.

Hi Lotte , great  to hear  you  are settling  in ok . If you would  like  to meet for  a coffee or  a drink please drop  me  a  line , Don ..

I am living in Germany Saarbrücken at the moment (Oct 2014) but traveled to Geneva one day and am now trying to stay there, work and live, because I fell in love with that city from one day to the other.

The city is so charming with its welcoming people, so what can I say: I try to find work and a nice apartment.

I love Switzerland and would like to encounter new challenges outside my home-country Germany.

Ciao a tutti,
sono uno studente Italiano per ora vivo a milano, ma spero di trasferirmi a Losanna per la mia specializzazione. Se sarà possibile mi trasferirò a partire dal prossimo settembre! Nel frattempo vorrei confrontarmi con chi conosce già questa città per poter arrivare preparato. :)
Hi all,
I'm an italian student, now I live in Milan, but I hope to move to Lausanne for my specialization. I'll move there by next september. In the meanwhile I hope to exchange ideas with people who already live there. I want to be prepared! :)

hello  I am living in Geneva  and   the  prices are high   but  with a salary of 6000 net you have an income like a secretary bilingual and can afford a nice leaving experience. Best regards Monique

hello  I am living in Geneva  and use to work in Meyrin.   you can share an apartment for about  CHF  1000  a month. Living in Grand Saconnex. Vernier or Meyrin  would be possible to use a bike or public transport.   Si vous parlez le français et l'anglais vous aurez des facilités à rejoindre des clubs de sports et le site "on va sortir" Genève.  Pour économiser avec un salaire de 6000 CHF net  il devrait être possible de mettre 1000 CHF à la banque.
best regards  Monique

Hello Simone.
I have only just moved to Switzerland as a Swiss citizen from Australia about a week or 2 ago and like you I prefer to be prepared :).

So one of the first things you need to do is start to learn the language as soon as possible, then you will need to do some research to find out the probability of getting work in your area of specialty. E.g is there a constant need to workers in your area??, are there companies/places that are constantly growing?? (if they are growing then you may be more likely to get work with them) and maybe have a look at some the job description ??. Maybe even contact the Swiss government to see what kind of paper work you need to do, or if you need to do any at all.
Being Italian your probably wont need to do much as your already from the EU, but it never hurts just to double check.
I hope this information helps.
Good luck.
Niksha.

Hello everybody :) I'm currently living in Switzerland but as I like traveling a lot I am thinking about moving to another country once... Not sure yet, where I want to go but this is why I joined this group – get inspiration :)

Hello everybody, I just arrived Geneva, Switzerland for programme from Africa,  need home stay or where to live for five months, cheap amount is preferable

Hi everybody!I ve literally registered 4 minutes ago.i am a Greek national,a professional psychologist who is looking to move and work to Switzerland.I am collecting all the necessary information in order to speed up the process.I d love to hear back from you...

One, u must hear french before u can get job in swiss, I have spent six week no work although am a student there, waiting for my permit u can first come to visit Switzerland because is also too expensive especially Geneva where I leave, this is my no if u wish to contact me. +417766428367

Hi everyone,
I'm a Pakistni.
I'm planning with my cousin to have a future move to Switzerland.
I'll do my Ph.D there and he will do a job.I would love to have new friends,so comeon!
:) :*

Hi, all!
I'm katsuya. I live near Genava, and  from Japan. I am looking forward to meeting new people! so don't hesitate to send messages.

Hi all, I am moving from Perth, Australia to Geneva in Feb for an engineering position. I'm excited about the move, a little apprehensive about finding a decent rental (haven't had the best of luck with online websites) and the cold weather. Other than that, I hear a lot of great things about the city and plan to fully embrace the experience and make it my home. Anyone who has any advice on good websites or real estate agents for good quality rentals, feel free to message me.

On a personal front, I can be very talkative but am surprisingly an introvert that enjoys my alone time or the company of just a few. I am interested in acting/theatre, writing and animals. Always open to new friendships with like-minded people. Thanks for reading!

Bonjour à tous!! :) Hi Everyone!!,

French borned, I have been living most of my life in London. I am so happy to move to Zurich for a 3 months mission starting on the 15th Dec 2014. I will really appreciate your help as I need to find ASAP :) a room to rent / share a flat. Thank you in advance.
I am also looking to meet many of you so you can help me discover Zurich as a city. Many thanks for your help and see you soon!!!.

Cécile

Hallo zusammen!
Im Francesco, im 28 and i moved in basel 1 month ago. I would like to meet new people here ;)

Hi Everyone! I'm 34 and American.  I'm in Zurich for a few months with my boyfriend (he's Swiss and lives in Zurich). I'm looking to sign up for German classes right away and hopefully meet some new people. The goal of this trip is to decide if I could live here full time.   :-)

Hi all !

I plan to live in Geneva from February. I'm portuguese and I'm a journalist. The main reason I'm moving to Geneva is to join my girlfriend. For the moment my goal is to find work in journalism or Communication and Public Relations. After many years working in Poland, I speak also polish, besides french, english, portuguese and spanish.

And of course I'll be happy to meet new friends.

wishing the best to you all,
Nelson Pereira

Hello everyone, can you help me to find job here in geneva?
    By the way I'm benny,i love to stay here I hope I can find jobs here.thank you! :)

Closed