Need advice

Hey guys,
I just found this forum. I was wondering, do any of you know much about the Christian guys in Jordan? I have been talking to a Christian guy from Jordan for a few months on Facebook. We had a mutual friend and I guess he just thought I looked interesting. So, I really want to just talk to him and get to know him more, but it seems that he really doesn't know how to have just normal conversations about our lives and be friends without reiterating the fact that he likes me and is interested in me every time we talk. And how he thinks God might be speaking to him about me. And tells me to come to Jordan... Which I would never do by myself. And probably never just to meet some random guy. He seems relatively trustworthy, it's not that I am scared of him. Just, I am asking about the whole guy-girl friendship thing. Does it exist? Or should I just forget about this because he obviously can't do that? I am trying to figure out how to talk to him like a normal person, but I feel this is impossible for him. So, I don't really know what to do or if I should give up on talking to him or what. He seems nice, just I think maybe our cultures could be too different. I consider myself Hungarian culture.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com abbelewis,

A new thread has been created on the Jordan forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Dear Abbelewis,

Nothing to be scared of if you want to step for the first stage of your future relationship with this Jordanian guy :)
yeah,sometimes it's hard to have a Relationship involving two different cultures.
What's acceptable in one culture might not be acceptable in another, what's okay in one culture might be offensive to another and you have to learn these differences and manage them well in order for the relationship to work. And even when the two of you understand these differences,I wish you best of luck :)

Regard From Jordan

Katie :)

Only heaven knows what he wants from you but things he says should give you a clue.

You're an aspiring singer/songwriter with a unique hairdo. You got a beautiful voice too, so there's hardly anything not to like about you.

Christian guys in Jordan, well, the ones I know are trustworthy and know how to have fun. You'll certainly find that you'll have much less of a culture clash than with a Muslim guy. Religion makes only one part of a person's identity though.

Friendship between the sexes exist, but obviously he's looking for more than a friend. You seem interested in him for some reason, maybe you like him, maybe you got used to him. I don't know. Only you know. Definitely never come to a country just to meet a random guy!

Maybe take a break from chatting with him for a while. Get busy with who and what makes you happy, you know, family, friends and music. You'll figure it all out on your own :)

"Where did you come from, was it the ocean blue?", that's a great line, I'm saying it to the next blue-eyed girl I meet. I think she'll be happy to hear it ;)

Hello,
Christians in Jordan are about 10% of the population, Christian guys marry Chrsitian girls, there is always a shortage of girls here for guys to get married to...the fact that you can also take him to Europe makes more appealing. He could be a nice a guy! but I am almost a 100% sure he wants to marry you!!             lol

Try to test him  ;)

Run, don't walk away from this!  Believe me, I know.......Run!

Run, don't walk away from this!  Believe me, I know.......Run!

what do you mean?

You obviously like they guy as you wouldnt have wasted the time to make such post. give him a chance, guys here are nice! he's not gonna rape you ONLINE! lol.. just keep talking and see where things take you both.