Cost of living in Chennai/Bangalore

Long time say 18 years, I had been out of India. Now I am planning to relocate to Chennai or Bangalore. I need to know the cost of living that should include a rental 2 BR apartment, groceries, utilities, car, petrol, net, phone cost, plus schooling for 2 children in CBSE school - eldest going for 11th and youngest going for 8th standard

rush2mike wrote:

Long time say 18 years, I had been out of India. Now I am planning to relocate to Chennai or Bangalore. I need to know the cost of living that should include a rental 2 BR apartment, groceries, utilities, car, petrol, net, phone cost, plus schooling for 2 children in CBSE school - eldest going for 11th and youngest going for 8th standard

Try this website for cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi rush2mike,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to post here ;)

Hello Mike,
If you are looking for a location shift to Chennai, then it is more economic and cost effective compared to Bangalore.
But the place where you will be residing at Chennai matters.

So which place of Chennai you are looking to reside.

Thnx for your revert. My perspective office is in Kodampakkam centennial Towers. I own a flat near kovilampakkam near Medavakkam koot road.
\

Kodambakkam will be quiet far from Kodambakkam considering the traffic, But distance wise its less than 15kms.
Kovilambakkam is well developed now.
Schools you can try in Velachery where you got DAV, Ashram School, Dhaya internation school, etc.,

thnx for the info. indeed it was useful.