Is a 1200 a month salary enough to live a decent lifestyle in Dubai?

I have recently applied for a job in an Irish bar in Dubai. Its a year long contract so its a big commitment.
Here is the information i have received by email so far and the company is asking me if i want to go to interview stages. The pay is actually 900 not 860 she made a mistake. with 200 euro tips.

Ticket  The company will fly you to Dubai from your Ireland and back again when your contract is complete.

Visa  Your Dubai visa will be processed and provided by the company.

Passport  Your passport will be kept by the company at our head office of Dubai Duty Free for safe keeping.

Medical Cover  is provided.

Transportation  We provide transportation to and from work.

Uniform  Is provided by the company and laundered by the company.

Accommodation  The company provides you with accommodation, it is shared accommodation  there will be two to a room.

Working Hours -  We work 10 hours per day, 5 days a week, most companies in Dubai give only 1 day off.  During the busy season or large events and concerts this may be vary but all of your over hours are recorded and given back to you. All staff will start off working on the floor.

Salary  Your salary which is paid monthly, will be approx. 860Euro + 200Euro tips, cash tips are twice a month and credit card tips will be monthly with your salary, which may not seem as much as you  may earn in Ireland but is plenty to provide all you may need in Dubai, this money is your disposable income as  included in your accommodation is water bill, electricity bill, AC bill etc. Holidays  You will have 30 days AL each year, taken usually in the summer months when it is quieter; we work many of the major holidays here to provide a home away from home for the expat community.

Holiday Ticket  After completion of one year at the Irish Village you will be entitled to one yearly holiday ticket to your country of origin.

Cancellation  If for some reason you decide to break your contract, your expenses will have to be covered to the company which would be approx. 1000Euro, this will be to cover the cost of flights to Dubai, visa fees, medical fees, uniform costs etc.

This is a big commitment so I would hope to receive some feedback from some people who know Dubai and its costs and how it is to live there.

Is 1100 to 1200 euros which is a month enough to live a comfortable lifestyle in Dubai. Like be able to enjoy myself when not working, save some cash and so on. How expensive is it to live there. I'm not too happy about the shared room accommodation though. I assume money is being taken out of my wages already to pay for said accommodation provided.

thank you guys for any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Stephen :]

@Daly27

I will let other members answer your questions. 
However I would ask your prospective employer why he wants to hold your passport. This is actually illegal as the passport is the property of the issuing country and not you.
Companies do this so the y have a hold over employees who may want to leave early.

Hello Daly27

Welcome to Expat.com

I invite you to check out our section Cost of living in Dubai to have an idea of the cost of living and if your salary is enough to live a decent life.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi, I got an offer with 16000 per month.
In india i am having 14 Lakhs per Annum (in INR) .

I have two kids . totally we are four members.

Please suggest.
i am a  software engineer.

What is the monthly cost of living, rented in 1 bhk.

thanks,
Siva

I m MA msc m.ed  b.ed

No