Need help in Sao Paulo especially from Mums

Hello, I'm new here , I'm pregnant in the 2nd month and because of my husband's work I have to go with him to brazil in the begining of 2015 and can not give birth in my home country :(
I need help from mums who have an experience in pregnancy and giving birth in Sao paulo

-Would you please recommend a very good hospital and doctor (who speaks English and does c-section) I Have no idea about portoguese and I think it's not easy to master it in a couple of months.

- What about costs according to your expereince? Check ups and everything related . Is it all very expensive?

- Can I find someone who can help me after giving birth I mean a good and trusted housekeeper (who speaks Arabic or English) , I'll be alone there and I don't think my husband will be able to take care of everything alone without any help though he promised to try but I know it's difficult for him ..

- The last point is about the Arabs who live there, does any one have an idea about the areas where they are concentated?

Sorry for my long topic and hope I'll find some answers here
Thank you in advance.

One of the most recognized maternity hospitals in São Paulo is Promatre Paulista check their website: http://www.promatresp.com.br/

ALL Brazilian doctors are well experienced with Cesarian births, in fact it's about the only kind done here, natural childbirth is discouraged by doctors in this country because of "convenience". They schedule Cesarians, God forbid they'd have to get up in the middle of the night to do a vaginal birth.... not them!!! Even the WHO has complained about the excessively high rate of c-sections in this country.

Regarding finding a doctor who will speak enough English for you to have a conversation, if you're really lucky yes, but don't count on it anywhere in Brazil. If you don't speak Portuguese then take someone with you who can translate. Learning some Portuguese is essential too.

You will find Arabs all over São Paulo, there will be a large community in the Pari neighborhood since there is a mosque there. You'll probably want to wait until you've met people from the Arab community and mosque to arrange for a housekeeper.

There are also a number of halal restaurants and butcher shops in the neighborhood too. Check this topic thread for more on that:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151026

You are actually quite fortunate, if you are giving birth to your child here in Brazil aside from having Saudi citizenship your child will also have Brazilian citizenship by birth. This will give both you and your husband the legal right to apply for permanent residency here in Brazil should you choose to do so. As the parent of a Brazilian child your right to permanency in this country is absolute and guaranteed.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Good information. im planning to go to Brazil too but I'm still lost somewhat.

wjwoodward wrote:

One of the most recognized maternity hospitals in São Paulo is Promatre Paulista check their website: http://www.promatresp.com.br/

ALL Brazilian doctors are well experienced with Cesarian births, in fact it's about the only kind done here, natural childbirth is discouraged by doctors in this country because of "convenience". They schedule Cesarians, God forbid they'd have to get up in the middle of the night to do a vaginal birth.... not them!!! Even the WHO has complained about the excessively high rate of c-sections in this country.

Regarding finding a doctor who will speak enough English for you to have a conversation, if you're really lucky yes, but don't count on it anywhere in Brazil. If you don't speak Portuguese then take someone with you who can translate. Learning some Portuguese is essential too.

You will find Arabs all over São Paulo, there will be a large community in the Pari neighborhood since there is a mosque there. You'll probably want to wait until you've met people from the Arab community and mosque to arrange for a housekeeper.

There are also a number of halal restaurants and butcher shops in the neighborhood too. Check this topic thread for more on that:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151026

You are actually quite fortunate, if you are giving birth to your child here in Brazil aside from having Saudi citizenship your child will also have Brazilian citizenship by birth. This will give both you and your husband the legal right to apply for permanent residency here in Brazil should you choose to do so. As the parent of a Brazilian child your right to permanency in this country is absolute and guaranteed.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Actually , I don't know how to thank for all these valuable great information. You even answered about some of my concerns which I didn't mention here and provided links as well. Thank you very much I really appreciate your help.

And of course I wish to hear more from Mums in sao paulo about their journey with pregnancy and everything related to it . I still wish to find a good doctor who speaks English. Hope my dream will come true  :thanks:

Salaam aleikum SweetGirl1900,

My pleasure to be able to help you! I'm sure you'll be welcomed in São Paulo with open arms and send my wishes for good health for you and your soon-to-be-born child.

If we can help you with any further information, suggestions, etc., please don't hesitate to post your questions to the forum.

Cheers,
James

wjwoodward wrote:

Salaam aleikum SweetGirl1900,

My pleasure to be able to help you! I'm sure you'll be welcomed in São Paulo with open arms and send my wishes for good health for you and your soon-to-be-born child.

If we can help you with any further information, suggestions, etc., please don't hesitate to post your questions to the forum.

Cheers,
James

Wa alaykom alsalaam wa rahmatollah wa barakatoh , wow it's nice to know that you are familiar with our culture   :)
You are so kind Mr Woodward , I'm so grateful to you for your help and those good things you said about sao paulo which made me feel comfortable more than before.
May Allah (God) bless you
Best regards

Walaikum assalam,

Actually when I was a young child, living in Canada still I lived in a port city (Hamilton, Ontario), the city hosted an international jamboree for naval officers all over the world. I met two Egyptian naval officers and acted as their guide showing them around the city. I was fascinated with them since I had never met anyone from Egypt before and they treated me so well. It left an impression on me for my entire life. They took an Egyptian coin and made it into a necklace for me as a gift. I had it for many years and wore it every day. I was really sad when I lost it. Anyway, they told me a lot about Egypt and their culture.

It looked just like this one......  :)

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6389369/il_340x270.345180888.jpg

wjwoodward wrote:

Walaikum assalam,

Actually when I was a young child, living in Canada still I lived in a port city (Hamilton, Ontario), the city hosted an international jamboree for naval officers all over the world. I met two Egyptian naval officers and acted as their guide showing them around the city. I was fascinated with them since I had never met anyone from Egypt before and they treated me so well. It left an impression on me for my entire life. They took an Egyptian coin and made it into a necklace for me as a gift. I had it for many years and wore it every day. I was really sad when I lost it. Anyway, they told me a lot about Egypt and their culture.

It looked just like this one......  :)

[img align=c]https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6389369/il_340x270.345180888.jpg[/url]

MashaAllah it's really  an interesting story. I agree with you , Egyptians are nice people and they have a great sense of humor by the way   :happy:
But I'm sorry that you lost the coin :(
Hope you visit Egypt and enjoy its huge pyramids and all that Pharaonic civilization I'm sure you will love it  :top:
Best regards   :)

I'm still waiting for you expat Mamas in Sao Paulo , please give me your advices and tell me about your impressions.

Hi,

My name is Alice. Nice to meet you.
Congratulations about your pregnancy!
Don´t worry about coming to Sao Paulo. You are doing correctly in getting information from here.
[moderated: no free ads please register your company in the business directory]
See ya,
Alice

Wow! Thank you so much Alice. Nice to meet you too. I'm really sooo happy for what I've just read. This is awesome. I will contact you as soon as possible  :cheers:

Hi, how are you? How is it going your pregnancy? Hope all good!

I am here in case you need any advise, ok?

My email address: [email protected]

Or visit my website jaconnections.com

See ya!
Alice

Hello Alice,
How are you?
I'm fine thank you so much for caring.
Of course I'll contact you once I need anything. I appreciate ur help thank you so much again.

Good

Metoo212 wrote:

Good

Welcome to the forum

Are you in Sao Paulo ?
Are you are mum ??

I suspect not so I suggest that you have posted on the wrong section of the forum. So please post elsewhere.
Thank you.