Looking for travel parteners --> Jakarta / Banjarmasin

Hi ^-^,

I'm Adeline, I'm french and I'm 18.

It's maybe a bit strange request... but I would like to go to Jakarta soon and then on Banjarmasin to see my indonesian boyfriend who is in a really bad situation at the hospital...  Being pretty young girl my parents don't really agree to let me go but would be okay if I don't go there alone.

It's why I come here to see if some of you prepared a travel in indonesia soon and would accept to travel with me there in the plane, or stay in same hotel as me. I'm nice girl, funny and I eat no one :v !

It's a bit late to ask this but I was really don't expect this...
I really want to be here for him... it will maybe be the last thing I can do for him... ^^"
Hoping I will find a solution to this....

P.S : Otherwise if you know some associations or if indonesian person or stranger resident in indonesia would be agree to be here to help me find places or if i'm lost, It would help me a lot. ^^"

Sorry for the strange request again, and sorry if I talk weird I'm really worried right now...
thanks for all.

Travel to Indonesia is safe alone, even for a pretty young lady - That isn't your worry.
Staying in Jakarta is also safe, as long as you stay in good hotels, not cheap and nasty backpacker places.
If you arrive in Jakarta airport, use the taxi booking service as you leave the airport (Blue bird is best as they check their drivers' criminal records).
Syamsudin Noor Airport serves Banjarmasin, and is less that 20KM from the town.
I've never been to that town, but I understand there are several good hotels in that area.
There are Blue bird taxis in that town, you you should be fine.
http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/news-updat … -indonesia

If I can be of any help, I can try, but can't promise much as I'm really busy.

As for the boyfriend, this will sound harsh and horrible, but be careful he isn't scamming you - it would hardly be a fresh trick.
Look up the hospital on the internet, and call them before you do anything else.
Yes, I know I may be being a cad, but I have to suggest it, just in case.

as a ex Indonesian visor it safe country but communication is an issue but it is great country indeed and mostly sweet persons also but i agree with mas fred that as u told us u r to young and if u don't know any one there better u come with some one.

Thanks to your reply mas fred.

I feel glad and relieved to hear this. It would be good if help my parents to open a bit their eyes..
thanks for all the tips and for your help. I will be sure to use it wisely ;) !

I would like to call the hospital but I don't speak a word of indonesian language so it will be a bit hard ahah
but i'm in contact with all his family and friends I can be sure it's true by a lot of others way.

Thanks again.
I pray for the best ^^ !

Thanks syed zee for your reply, I'll try my best to find someone, friend or people who visit like me..

Will it be your first trip to Indonesia ?

adeline3529 wrote:

Thanks syed zee for your reply, I'll try my best to find someone, friend or people who visit like me..

thank for taking my advise friend.and good luck on ur trip and i pray to God u will be safe from scam and bed persons
God bless u

happy hour --> Yes it will... :(

Syed zee --> thanks again :(

I wouldn't claim it is a scam, as I have no clue - it may well be a legitimate case.

However, after seeing a thousand scams of similar nature, I'd be very sure to check first.
If the young lady were to PM details to me, man's name, hospital, and so on, I could try to get details as to if he's there or not.
I can't promise, but I can try.

Adeline, with all your info you provided us so far I would be very cautious.

You never visited Indonesia before perhaps did not meet your boyfriend in person yet nor his family and friends.

If you know your boyfriend thru one of the web sites only, you will not know whether or not the story of your boy friend in the hospital is real or not.

Before finalizing your plans to come over here you better try to make sure that it is not a scam.

Mas Fred is offering his assistance to gather more info and I would strongly suggest to send him PM here and provide him with all infos you have.

Avoid local agents like the plague.
Cash is their only interest, so they tend to promise everything, even when they have no hope or idea how to achieve what you want.

Ahaha thanks all for your help.
You're all really sweet.

Situation doesn't seem get better so I will go
and I appreciate all the help you give to me.

thanks a lot..

When are you planning to go anyway?

The Matrix ' Morpheous said once. "I can only show you the door. You're the one who has to walk through it." we r just trying our best to show u the right path on a safer side u know u batter then all of us so we can advice u accept it or by pass it.Dear u said it is not going in right direction. let me tell u the morel of this story. u r to young and u don't know ur boy friend well secondly u dont know indo language and u don't know any one there yet and most important u never been to Indonesia alone so u must bring some help form ur home land. that's all

JakartaSmartLiving wrote:

except Property Agents, right?

Wrong, at least in many cases, as we've seen on this forum with some agents trying to do illegal deals with expats, and my bad experiences of some putting up crazy prices, in the hope of screwing their mark.

So, no, wrong.

i agree with mas fred he is right indeed and why any one need agents those days