Au pair in Valencia

Hello!!!

I've just moved to Spain to au pair for a Spanish family. Was wondering if anyone fancied meeting up for a coffee and exploring the city a bit :)

Hello Jessmbc.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Can you please tell us more about yourself?

Thank you,
Aurélie

I'm coming to Valencia in a week or two to start my au pair position...hopefully I can find some other au pairs who would like to meet up.I don't want to get lonely and hide in my room watching Spanish cartoons all night! :)

Hey are you still in valencia ?

Hi Scottish22,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to create a new topic on the Valencia forum, with and introduction about yourself and more details how we might be able to help you. Thank you! ;)

Regards,

David.

Hi, I'm currently in the Dominican Republic and I am thinking of moving to Valencia and being/doing an au pair. How are your experiences thus far? Would you say it is a cheap city to live in? And this might sound like a dumb question but...what kind of Spanish is spoken there?

Hi i m in valencia

My experience has been great so far I really like the city, great friendly atmosphere. Yeah it's fairly cheap also the majority speak Spanish but the odd few speak Valencian Spanish.

My wife is Dominican,we live here in Valencia and we love it!.Come to Valencia we can be friends.

Thank you Peter! I looks like I might be ending up in Madrid, still in the interviewing process though.

Madrid? I just moved from there after 2 years and after being here for 3 weeks, I can truthfully say Valencia is a better place to live , to shop to eat, and to enjoy. Much friendlier here also. Wish you the best and if you end up here, keep in touch. My wife is Dominican and I spent 12 years there teaching English. Another beautiful country.  Regards, Peter Denis.