Too many papers for registration of our Marriage in Germany.

Because it will take long time, and i dont need a family reunion coz i came here with my husband from dubai, you see, we were living there before, got married there and after that applied for a schengen visa. We cant stay longer in dubai coz the rents are getting high so we opted for a faster way to come here. Likewise!  ;)

Enroll immediately in a Volkshochschule (VHS) to learn the language. When you reach the level A1, you can get a residence permit. Learn basic German with you husband before you enroll in A1. It is easy and you'll enjoy the course. Once you gain a B1, the higher level, then you're eligible to become a citizen. At least that's what my Filipina friends had to go through here in Germany. Good luck and have fun at the course! :)

Thank you! I am already having a lesson with my husband (ITS HARD!!  :mad::D they left the country or the government gave them permit directly?

AngelaJP is right that the Volkshohschule, a kind of community college, is a good place for language classes. But it is misleading to say that one gets residency just by learniing the language. Learning the language can be a requirement for citizenship but one still has to fullfill many other requirements like having lived quite some years legally in Germany. The better your German is, the better impression you can make and it makes communicating easier but  I don't think this in anyway solves your current situation! Like someone else mentioned, it sounds like Angeliefunke entered Germany on a tourist visa although she had already gotten married and this was probably a mistalke. She should have been eligible for a multiple year visa as the spouse of a German. They would have scrutinized if they think it is a real marraige and not just done on paper. This is more involved than a simple tourist visa but as you see, one cannot avoid the process if one wants to stay indefinitely.

It's quite funny that even if the marriage is already registered in Germany, the Germans granted only a visitor's visa for 3 months.

Angelie, they might not have given you a resident visa because you don't have the A1 German language certificate or maybe you haven't lived with your husband for a certain period of time or for other reasons.

Usually, the temporary residence visa is granted at the German embassy of the country of your previous residence before Germany (in your case, Dubai) or your country of birth (Philippines). I have one friend in Heidelberg, though, who was given a residence permit in Germany to replace her visitor's visa, after she acquired an A1 German language certificate. She is legally married to a German. I can hook you up with her if you like.

A suggestion. Inquire what books they use at the Volkshochschule (or any language school you'd like to study in) there, buy the first book and study it with your husband before enrolling in the course. I enrolled in the course only because I planned to live in Germany for a few years, wanted to integrate whilst here and make communication with Germans a whole lot easier. You'll enjoy the course! :)

Hope all goes well!

Yes please! Send me a private message and I will contact her. I hope all goes well, on Monday the lawyer will be in touch with us, my husband told me everything is negotiable here so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) I'm currently taking up lessons with my husband til we find a school. It's really helpful what you just said and really thankful for that :)

letago wrote:

Hey I just want to let you know that you are not the only one I'm also in a process to get married to a German guy but before I came here in germany they wanted a lot of paperwork I just hope It will be over soon

Hi Letago

Im a Namibian getting married to a German man in December, I would like to know from your experience what do they require  before moving to Germany? I am already doing a language course at Goethe center as the embassy suggested that.

Thank you in advance

I'm also here  for a couple of months already, with a 3 months visa...we thought we can change my visa to a long term visa or can get  a residence permit but sad to say german rules are so strict even u are married.we went to ask  some information directly at the ( rathaus) bureau office. the rule is u must apply a long term visa at the german embassy in your country of residence (PHILIPPINES)one requirement for you to get a long term visa  is u need to posses a simple knowledge of german language by taking a1 lesson to goethe institute or any other school that is offering  a1 lesson as goethe institute is expensive.As right now im taking a1 lesson 3 x a week at didactica school,the lessons needs 8 weeks. the lessons are fine but the crazy thing is the a1 certificate is not enough u need to take the exam as well.

good luck!

Hi Gina,
Just to make it clear,you can apply for a family zusammen visa in your country and then when you come back to Germany you can go to Landratsamt and apply for Resident Permit.
The A1 certificate you will get only if you do the A1 exam, if you think you already mastered "Basic german" Then you can also do the exam without following kurz, just have to check the schedule for the exam at Goethe.

Goodluck on the exam :D

you are right that's what the embassy advised me to do, currently i'm in my country doing A1 with Goethe institute I have to do three terms and write exam after that then i will get a certificate which the embassy needs for my visa.

Hello!!

I have the same situation, I am here in Germany under a schengen visa. I applied from Dubai where I was living before with my hubby. At first it was hard to convince the people in Ausländerbehörde. But then we asked another guy and he just gave me an application just like that! All I have to do is complete my A1 exam and they will issue my residence permit and no need to go back to Philippines.

Hi there,

hope everything went well with your application.  the thing that got your application complicated is that you applied for a schengen visa from dubai instead of the family reunion visa.  I guess that is why you are having problems switching your schengen visa (normally issued for visitors only) to a resident visa.  The fact that you came here in Germany with your husband does not play any role because your visa was a visitor's visa.

anyhow, i hope you will get your visa! and also one more thing, every Bundesland has a different set of rules with regards to visa applications. although they have some basic requirements but some are a bit complicated others not. Viel Erfolg!

Hello! I already fix my visa concerns. One of the employee in Ausländerbehörde understood my situtation and gave me the application. I just have to finish my language school then the A1. Thanks though!

Hello everyone, would like to ask for guidance. My German bf and i , a filipina plans to get married in Denmark this January 2015 (pls note I was granted a schengen visa already). My question is what to do next after we are issued of the marriage cert? Where do we register it ?

First it should be translated to Deutsch (no idea if it applies the same if you get married in Denmark). Register your marriage in Auslandërbehörde. But as a Filipina, I suggest you take the A1 course first. I got a problem with that coz we got married in Dubai, went to Germany under schengen visa, but then can't change my visa to marriage visa coz I shouldve made a fiancee visa in Philippines and marry here in Germany. I am not sure how it goes if you get married in Denmark but I assure it that the same law will apply to you. Make A1 course then come here. I got lucky with one who's working in Ausländerbehörde the second time I visited and gave me the paper for my residence visa. But the first time I went there they required me to go home to Philippines. Best of luck!

I'm doing the a1 course now and I'm going to Germany this December and will be back in January after the Denmark marriage.  We are doing this to avoid further delays of paper works and reqmnts by German as he cannot travel to the Phil's due to his hectic work sched.

You will come here under schengen visa i suppose? Then you still have to go back to Philippines. Even if you passed the A1 you still have to do all the requirements in Philippines.

Sweets, it's great that you're getting things ready before you come here.

If you have lots of  time to spare and you want to completely ready for everything, you can  study up to the B1 level and acquire the DTZ -Deutsch Test für Zuwanderer language certificate, which is a requirement for German citizenship. 

And if you have even more time and are having fun studying, you may also review the Orientieerungskurs, the information about Germany and its history as you will need to take this exam later on too. Just study the reviewer and almost everything in the reviewer are what comes out in the test.

Good luck!

Quick question. Is A1 exam hard? Ill be doing mine this Monday. My lehrerin told me that it wont be a problem for me since I'm really good with talking and understanding basic German. Thanks!

Ana, way to go, girl!!! I bet you'll be raring to do the C1 level as well after the B1 ;) Once you're an immigrant, I think all university/college courses are free provided you have the C1 (or equivalent) certificate and all the original documents from all the schools or universities you attended in the Philippines. Are you in Dresden now? I'm visiting Dresden overnight 3rd week of December before I head to Prague for Christmas. Let's meet up!

Angelie, A1 is very easy, you'll do fine. Just practice a lot with your teacher. B1 is a lot more challenging.

Ana, that would be fantastic! A German friend, named Angela too,will be touring me around Dresden and I'll stay overnight with her. We can all meet up for dinner in the evening, maybe check out the Christmas market and drink gluehwein to keep us warm.Yipeeee! :D

Hi All!

I just want to share my experience getting married with a German Citizen. I had visited twice here in Munich as a visitors visa.During my second visit we decided to get married in Denmark as a visitors visa .And after that we  had reported our Marriage at Philippine Embassy Oslo this is very important.And then After we got married we thought it is possible to stay longer here in Germany but I need to go back Philippines and to process a Family Reunion visa. And we didn't expect the processed went very well because it just took only 4 weeks for us to wait and we received that my family reunion visa was approved!.Thanks to God! But normally still 90 days for this visa.. Now, I am here in Munich and registered at Munich City Hall. And the next step is to get a residency permit which we are now waiting for our schedule this December.And next year can start my Deutsch Course.

Many Thanks,

Clara

p.s

Hope I can meet friends here!

God Bless us!

Hi Ana! I would love to meet up with you in Dresden. Kindly check your inbox; I sent you a private message.

Cheers! :)

hi to everyone.i just wanted to ask those of u who got the visa ,after they got ur papers in the embassy how long it has taken till they called u or send them back.coy am waiting already more than 4 weeks,n someone told me that if i get them back for 2 weeks they'll not give a visa.its bout family reunion visa n am pregnant almost 7th month.
pls help with info

Hi! I'm from the Philippines and now engaged to my German boyfriend and we're planning to get married in Korea mid this year. My fiancé called the civil registry for his certificate of singleness and they were asking him for so many requirements for me from the Philippines. Like a German Embassy lawyer should check if my CENOMAR or NSO are real and might do a background check. I don't understand cuz I believe that once the documents are red ribboned they are considered legal and authentic. And we're not getting married in Germany. But South Korea, where we both reside. Any thoughts on this? He called the German Embassy in Korea but told him to call the civil registry in Germany. I need help.  Heard it will take 4 months~3 years for the lawyer in the PH to do everything. Is it the same requirements for marriage abroad?

Hi! Could you please tell me the requirements I need to prepare? My German fiancé and I are getting married mid this year in South Korea. And the civil registry won't release his certificate of singleness unless a lawyer or someone from the German Embassy in the Philippines check my if documents are authentic and maybe will do some background check. All of my required documents are now red ribboned (authenticated) so I don't understand the need for a lawyer to check again. Your response would be a great help. Thank you.

Sorry to hear about the bureaucracy and red tape there. I got married in Denmark and it all went VERY smoothly, considering our situation of both having been married before. I'm a Filipina who was a New Zealand immigrant back then  while my husband is an American who has been living in Germany for decades.

I have read and heard of plenty of Germans who got married in Denmark with their non-Eu national spouses. They will still need all the usual original official documents (red ribboned) and most especially original divorce or annulment certificates if any of you have been married before. You can still get married in Korea and Germany, for ceremonial purposes,  after you get the official marriage document. Here are websites that may help you.

http://www.svenja-schmidt-bandelow.de/h … nmark.htmlhttp://www.getmarriedindenmark.com/docu … egalities/

Good luck and cheers! :)

Angela

Hi Sweetie! My fiancé and I are planning to get married this year too.  But those requirements the standesamt provide are absurb! Anyway, where did u have your documents translated? How much is the cost? For the joint affidavit, did u have it notarized in an RTC lawyer and red ribboned? Did u have a background check? Did u have your primary documents red ribboned? Heard it not really required. Hope to hear from u. Thank you.

hi good evening everyone,
     i am also marrying a german and we r completing now requirements. i just have a question about the declaration of residence. there is a printable file in germany embassy website. i am working in israel now for 5 yrs and i live in philippines from 15 yrs of age.  i dont know what to do.

Hi. The situation is this.. I am married to a German here in Philippines and he died recently.
Our marraige was not registered in the German embassy. Do i still have claims for benifits? Thank you

sul101 wrote:

Hi. The situation is this.. I am married to a German here in Philippines and he died recently.
Our marraige was not registered in the German embassy. Do i still have claims for benifits? Thank you

What kind of benefits are you thinking of? You can probably claim his inheritance (or part thereof, as there might be other claimants), but other than that I don't think so.

Benefit like widow's pension?  Is that possible even if our marriage is not registered in German Embassy?

This is a very specific legal question - you should consult a lawyer experienced in German inheritance law!

Same with me.. Were married here in philippines just this year.. And my husband brings our marriage certificate  in germany last feb. .. But we were asked for a lot of papers too.. :/ ..
Already send it to the embassy..
Now? Waiting for recognition..
I dont know how long does it takes ..
😶😶😶😶😶😶😶

How long did the embassy sends back their confirmation? :/

Hi, i know this post was a long time ago. but I'm about to get married in Denmark.. (supere excited!!!)
i know i need to come back and register my marriage certificate to change our status, but I'm just not sure how and where do I go and do this?? I saw something about Standesamt..?? but I can't seem to book an appointment

Please help

:)

you should register your marriage at your home country's embassy in denmark.

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and currently residing in Canada. I am going to Germany next month with a student visa valid for 1 year. Me and my German boyfriend would like to get married in Germany this year. Would it be possible to get married in Germany while on student visa? Any suggestions on how we should proceed? Thank you

It is possible to marry your German boyfriend in Germany, regardless of your visa. Just the formalities will be long, frustrating and (because of translation fees) expensive. And because you didn't enter Germany on a marrigae visa, after your student visa runs our you'll have to leave the country and apply for a family reunion visa in your home country.

Those docs  are really required  for your  background check :) its a requirement the same thing with the fiancee visa.