New members of the Madagascar forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Madagascar forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Madagascar if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

New in Mada, I 'd like to meet new faces to go out with and discover the city.

bonjour!je suis nouveau... :)

Hey all I'm arriving in a couple of weeks, keen on sports, joining a gym, and having a couple of beers.
I've lived in mada previously for 3 years so I kinda know my way around, but not so much in tana.
Also looking for a place to rent for a few weeks while I find a place to buy.
Keep an eye out for me...the guy with the dog and the beard.
Yew!

Hello
I live in Poland
I want to live in Madagascar and invest here.
I'm looking for partners.
I know French.
Sylwester

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)

Hi I'm Brett.  I'm Australian, have lived in Madagascar on and off for twenty years.  I live in the south, in Fort Dauphin.  I've only just returned after four years back in Australia.  If anyone needs help with getting set up here, I can do it for you.  I have a company here and we can do company formations and residency visas etc.  Main requirement for you to come to Madagascar is a clean police record (you have to get yourself a national police report before you leave home, it must be less than three months old when you present it with your visa application in Madagascar) and enough money to set up a company, and pay for your visa.  And of course, you need to have an idea about where your income is going to come from :)

Brett could I ask you please to contact me on [email protected] or [email protected]. I would like some info please. I'm from South Africa, would appreciate.

Hi I am in advertising, living in Jeffreys Bay @ the moment and I would like to come over for six months to try to establish myself there in the advertising market. I will bring my three cats so I will need to rent a garden flat, only a one bedroom is adequate. Should I manage to find clients and this usually takes three months I would then like to apply to stay longer. This is the first time I will be leaving South Africa, due to the spiralling crime. I will be able to employ two casual workers on a casual basis. I have three children and two grandchildren, but they have moved away, and so I feel a fresh start will be good for me.if anyone can point me in the right direction to find a place I will be most grateful. Thanks

Hi Sylwester.
I would also like to move to Madagascar.  Send me a e mail-  [email protected]
let's talk.
Thanks Russell

Misa, not born, but raised in Madagascar. Then left for India in 2008 for studies.
Now living in France but planning to move back home sooner or later.
Perhaps try to build a good school, or just teach English to the local people. I feel it would help them very much and give them access to less biased informations and more choices for themselves.
Very spiritual, into yoga, meditation and stuff; but also very interested in politics - and especially kicking the bad guys' butts :)

Phew. There is a lot to be done in Madagascar.

hello ,
my name is Fabienne , i m the new membre , i' m l living at Madagascar  :)

Hi , we have a big nice propertie to sell in antsirabe (madagascar), if you are interested please contact us...good day.

Hello Nadyn

Concerning that property for sale, could you please place an advert in the appropriate section of the forum :

Housing in Antsirabe

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello
I m looking for a housemaid from madagascar who has good spoken skills in french to come and work in UAE,
How can I recruit ?

Abir Ballan wrote:

Hello
I m looking for a housemaid from madagascar who has good spoken skills in french to come and work in UAE,
How can I recruit ?

I am sure there are recruitment companies in Dubai whom you can approach for a maid.
Why do you specifically want a Madagascan maid ??

Bonjour je suis cuisinier français je vis a la réunion  et après 2 voyage a mada je voudrais venir y travailler et par la meme occasion m y installer je prend TT l aide et conseil que l on me donnera,merci

Bonjour,
je suis à Madagascar, laissez votre adresse mail et  je vous enverrai un message
ciao
sand

[email protected]

My husband and I are volunteers living in Fianarantsoa, Madagascar but we are about to transfer to Toamasina and are looking for housing information, etc. If anyone has any contact numbers or addresses, we would greatly appreciate it, thanks or shall we say, 'Misaotra!'

Hi, I am from USA who has lived in Madagascar for 13 years and my wonderful Malagasy wife of 12 years together is the photo in the avatar. We have two beautiful children 10 and 8 years old.  I am coming out of retirement and now that our children are older my plans is to  work on a project with my wife and we have opened up a small school in Mahajanga, Oct 6th 2014.  The name of the School is Baobab Ecole with 70 students and it is a not-for-profit project.  We have been self funding and slowing building this school over three years- bought the one hectare 6 years ago. We have a twitter account  @madagascarlife    which posts general articles about Malagasy lifestyles we find from time to time but we stay away from politics.  This Internet social media world seems hard to fathom many times but we started here at--
twitter.com/MadagascarLife
I look forward to sharing ideas and contributing our opinions about Malagasy life from the both my wife and I here on the expat-blog and thank you.
:cheers:

Hello Bret .
Am from nigeria and my name is  steven.i  plan to move to Madagascar to  establish a company which will enables us to import amd export commodities. Pls provide me more information on how one can register a company there. Is getting a  police record of individual  applies to every nationality who intend to establish a company there. What kind of visa dif the country issue to an investors say for example foreigner who own a trading company. Is the company registeration law  there allows a foreigner to own 100%  share of a company.By law how much is the working capital required to open a private limited liability company. Thanks waiting for your reply.

Hi, I am from USA who has lived in Madagascar for 13 years and my wonderful Malagasy wife of 12 years together is the photo in the avatar. We have two beautiful children 10 and 8 years old.  I am coming out of retirement and now that our children are older my plans is to  work on a project with my wife and we have opened up a small school in Mahajanga, Oct 6th 2014.  The name of the School is Baobab Ecole with 70 students and it is a not-for-profit project.  We have been self funding and slowing building this school over three years- bought the one hectare 6 years ago. We have a twitter account  @madagascarlife    which posts general articles about Malagasy lifestyles we find from time to time but we stay away from politics.  This Internet social media world seems hard to fathom many times but we started here at--
twitter.com/MadagascarLife
I look forward to sharing ideas and contributing our opinions about Malagasy life from the both my wife and I here on the expat-blog and thank you.

Hello
I live in Madagascar  for 4 years . I say I am coming back in Madagascar , my country , after almost 30 years of life abroad .
I speak Malagasy and French . I would like to perfect my spoken english ; That why I am here .
If you want to learn the malagasy language or french , I can help you . And I hope you to help me to converse in english .
It's not a lesson nor a homework but a moment to share our knowledge in a friendly atmosphere whithout paying something nor someone .
Thanks

just checking to see if t is working,any reply is ok

All fine here ...

hello I am a new member and would like to learn about Nosey Be from someone whe lives or has lived there,best places to live,restarunts,bars,shopping places.I have seen a lot on the internet but there is nothing like getting it from the hourses mouth,I will be visiting and will do some whale shark stuff,as checking it out to maybe move there,I live in Asia now but need a change.

Hello, I was living many years in SE Asia (Thailand, Philippines, Laos, Cambodia...) and I live in Madagascar, Nosy Be for almost 1 year now. I have also a friend, came from Pattaya to join me in Nosy Be. He did not like at all Nosy Be and he went to Tana, but it's same. (nothing to do, he got boring). So, we plan, to go back together in Asia again. Philippines probably, Philippines are cheaper than Thailand and both of them are cheaper than Nosy Be.

On Nosy Be, there are few bars; less than 10 on the beach side and less than 5 on the city, and it's about the same for the restaurants. City and beach are separated by 15 km of african roads, to do in "taxis" (old cars). If you are looking for girls, same Pattaya, forget it, it's not same at all than in SE ASIA. Shopping/entertainment places in the city doesn't exist. Only some shops for usual needs and some local market for food. Beaches are beautiful and you can visit islands +/- 30 euros/a day on speed boats and you can make some diving. No long chairs on the beach to take a beer, except in 4/5* stars hotels.  It depends what you plan to do here, if you have some money to invest in some business or not. But, if you plan to live and to enjoy only in Nosy Be, in this case, you will need more money than in SE Asia.

We can talk about that in MP.

Ray

Hi. I'm Pieter Schreuder from South Africa  . I'm 42 years old and and unemployed. My situation is very difficult because I don't have any money to do anything. I love the sea. I use to catch fish from pelagic fishing trawlers. I have a Fishermen Grade 4 Skipper Licence. I would love to live in Madagascar alongside the sea and have a job there. I don't think I will get someone to help me get there financially and help me getting a job there, but it would not hurt me in trying. I have been a foreman/site supervisor in the chrome mining industry for a private company before 90% of the staff was let go due to a tempoparary staff reduction and changes made to the company. Currently I'm now 7 months without a job. But I would really love to live and work in Madagascar. Close to the sea or work ob the sea. I also ha e a big love for nature and would love to work on a farm. Almost no experience in farmwork but have a big love for farming. If there is anyone that can help or willing to help me financially to get there I would really appreciate it out of the bottom of my heart. My home language is Afrikaans but don't mind english at all. Hope you can help me. Thank you.
Kind Regards
Pieter Schreuder

SYLWESTER wrote:

Hello
I live in Poland
I want to live in Madagascar and invest here.
I'm looking for partners.
I know French.
Sylwester

Hi Sylwester, What are you planning to invest in? I speak Polish (Polish origin) and French as I live in France. Maybe I could help?

hello
    I am thailand 2000,my name is gene,I am american,I have lived in south east asia for 15 years and am thinking about moving to Madagascar,I have a friend who lived in Nosy be for quit a few years but dose not tell me much about the best places to live,I would like to chat with some one who can tell me the real living situation and best places to live for a xpat and if we chat we can both learn some of each language,i am just looking for a chat friend from there.
  thank you

Hi guys, I was arrived a couple of months ago, but I m already working in a British company here in Tana, we provide outsourced services on the Web like websites improving, translating texts and so on. this is good for me because I used to speak English  every where when I traveled. how about you guys, anybody in Tana now?

RAY 61      Read your post,it tells me a lot,I will be coming for one month in Sept to do some diving and basicly hang out befor I come back to Cambodia,I would really like a change,it is getting bad in Pattaya now they have machines they check falongs (only Falongs) for dui,if you have 1 beer you go monkey house and pay 10,000b to get out + you have to go to court,50,to 100,000b fine,visia alfull to get unless retierment,u mush have a shit load of money in the bank,but even then you have to report every 90 days and the ary runs country at this time,this is why I move to Cambodia. Thinks here are much easer.I am just looking for a place to hang out and be left to do my think ,i am retired with income and 68 years old but in good health.and info. will help,       thanks Ray

can anyone tell me if you get visa on entree to country

Hi, to answer your question, I think they give visa on board, that is to say that, they give it if you are planning to land on  Madagscar aerport (in the plane), but it is only for few days, but don't worry, the tourist visa here is very cheap, it is only around 750 dollars(more of less) a year (yeah, very cheap)  the hotel also is cheap as well, there is a lot of good place to dive also.
Another good place to settle also is Indonesia, if you have the opportunity don 't hesitate :) it won't you cost a lot

so Tojisa can you get a 30 day visa,I would like to check it out before I commit to a year,a friend told me nosy be is a good and cheap place to live,if i decide to live there I would like to get me a nice apt.I read one post on here where the guy says nosy be is no good.

Hi, depends on your interest, for me Nosy be is amazing, night club and stuff.., I dont know about diving but for swimming and surfing, there is a lot of nice places, but as this is the number one touristic place here, it may be little bit expensive than in other part of the island, but it is likely the same as the living cost in Thailand. May be in Combodia apart from Phnom Penh, life is not that expensive ( I have friends there:)
but the advantage with Nosy be is that there is international direct flight from some countries, and they give visa on board, It is probably possible to get visa for one month, let me check the price and i ll tel you later

I have been trying to find some one who lives there to chat with and get the low down on life there,maybe get to know a few people befor I get there,my email is [email protected],from what I have read living there is no more than living in Thailand,i know the diving is good from what I read,I am going to U.S. in June and will come there on my way back and if I like it I will make arrangment to move from s e asia,so I hope you and maybe a couple friends can steer me in the right direction.
       thanks tojisa

Hello, my name is Thomas. My wife and I should be moving to Tana sometime in late August of this year (2015). She is a World Bank person, so has employment. I, on the other hand, will be looking for work. I am a graphic designer/photographer and am curious to find out what might be available. I am also looking for suggestions on recommended areas to live in Tana in addition to just general tips on the expat life there. I grew up in Brasil, but have not lived overseas for some thirty years, so in a sense I'm a bit of a newbie again. Looking forward to meeting folks on here. Many thanks!

Hi, we have been living in Madagascar for several years now doing volunteer community work with local Malagasy families in Toliara & Fianarantsoa.  We love the Malagasy people and enjoy the nature & culture of Madagascar. Not sure if any of you are in the market for a 4x4 Vehicle in excellent condition. We are selling one please see the details under classified vehicles.
Thanks or as we say here Misaotra.

Closed