Places to visit in Islamabad

Hi,

For the ones living in Islamabad, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Islamabad, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Islamabad?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hello
Islamabad is not a very big city but quite beautiful and you can easily browse it in a day. I suggest you to browse Youtube first to get hold of your places of interest e.g. Faisal Mosque, Lok Virsa (Cultural Museum), Shakkar Parrian (hills), Food Street, Some beautiful parks and lake. Do try to visit Murree hills and PC Bhurban (an hour drive from Islamabad) ..
Have a nice trip

For starters take trip via Monal to Haripur. It quite scenic keeping in mind its a day trip. May be u can stay at Highland country club on the way back.

Hello :)

Thank you all for your contribution :)

Regards.

Karen :)

Nice Sharing Hassan sb.
do you have any current status of Highland Country club? Other than Dining & Sheesha, is residential portion is completed?

Most welcome .. Take care
ABBAS

I think residential block is still under construction. May be you can check for more updates here
facebook.com/highland.cc?fref=ts

Hi All can check the official tourism site for Pakistan, region wise:

http://www.tourism.gov.pk/destinations.html

i would advice you to go to Faisal Mosque, Said Pur Village

Islamabad is newest city, however, surrounding areas may attract you to visit like Takila, Murree,Kashmir (Neelem Vally) etc. however, it is best to have guide who is well familiar to you and is of confidence.

there too many places u can visit a beautiful city