What would be the cost of opening a small cafe in Manila

Hi friends,

I am from Singapore and will be considering a business venture in Manila.
Would be able to advise the estimated cost of opening a small cafe in Manila?
Size : 1,000sqft
Manpower : 4-5 people
Serving coffee, tea, cakes, simple breakfast
Renovation cost, kitchen, utensils, furniture etc

Any advise would be helpful, thank you.

Hello i m french i working in restauration if u need worker for open cafe is ok for me i ve many experience
Best regard

Hi lsn73, glad to hear that your interest in doing business here in the Philippines. Manila is kinda crowded yet it offers wide variety of customers. I would suggest to set your area in Bonifacio Global City, it is one of the prime location now in Manila. However, it will not also hurt to set your cafe here in Angeles City, Pampanga. It's just a two hour drive from Manila and is home for many foreigners (Americans, Koreans, Japanese, Europeans, and other races).

For the cost of operations, i'd like to ask if you'll be venturing with a Filipino citizen? Because from what I know, a foreigner can't have their business in their name. True that you can rent but you will need to put your business under a Filipino name and to tell you honestly, it's really not safe especially if you barely know your partner. However, there are still safer things that you can do. First, lease the area don't buy it (Legally, the lease contract can be under your name). Second, you need to make sure to keep the receipts, and lastly, have all bank accounts under your name.

PM me for more questions and I'll be glad to help. =)

Dear friends,

Thank you for your advise.
I am preparing a business model that do not need high capital investment so that many Filipinos can participate in it. The idea is to increase the earning capability of the citizen as well as guiding them on entreprenuership. Its like a social entreprise. We need to make profit but more importantly is that our local partners are profitable as well.

Sounds interesting, PM me your details so we can still keep in touch. I'm keen to learn more about entrepreneurship. =)