Your future is your Destiny ,

Your destiny is your Ambition,

Your ambition is your Aspiration,

Your aspiration is your Motivation,

Your motivation is your Belief,

Your belief is your Peace,

Your peace is your Target,

Your target is Heaven,

Heaven is no fun without LIFE BECAUSE IF YOU WOKE UP 1 MORNING WITH MORE HEALTH THAN ILLNESS, YOU ARE MORE BLESSED THAN THE MILLION WHO NOT SURVIVE THE WEEK......

It's ' World Best Friends Week' send this to all your good friends if u can.

Even me, if I am one of them. See how many you get back.

Like her or not, she's about the strongest woman that ever lived.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02054/margaret-thatcher__2054648a.jpg

thanks

Nice post

Bob K

Now, now, Fred... Strongest English female politician of the late 19th Century, perhaps!

Gordon Barlow wrote:

Now, now, Fred... Strongest English female politician of the late 19th Century, perhaps!

No, in the whole world, in the whole of history.
You'd have a hard job finding men that have been stronger.

Well, if Maggie Thatcher isn't the strongest woman that ever lived she is way up there on the list. Guess that's why people either loved her or they hated her. She truly deserved the title she was commonly known by - The Iron Lady.

That said there have been many in recent history on that list. Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of U.S. president Franklin D. Roosevelt was probably almost as powerful as her husband, in fact toward the end of his presidency it was she who really held the reins of the country even though she had never been elected.

Mother Teresa, while not physically strong was an extremely powerful woman and a force for change. Devoting her life to the service of the poor and dispossessed Mother Teresa became a global icon for selfless service to others. She was awarded the Nobel Peace prize in 1979.

Indira Gandhi is another who inspired either love or hate. Ironically she even foresaw her own fate. The day before her death Indira Gandhi visited Orissa on 30 October 1984 where she gave her last speech: I am alive today, I may not be there tomorrow...I shall continue to serve until my last breath and when I die, I can say, that every drop of my blood will invigorate India and strengthen it.

The list goes on and on.

wjwoodward wrote:

Well, if Maggie Thatcher isn't the strongest woman that ever lived she is way up there on the list. Guess that's why people either loved her or they hated her. She truly deserved the title she was commonly known by - The Iron Lady.

That said there have been many in recent history on that list. Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of U.S. president Franklin D. Roosevelt was probably almost as powerful as her husband, in fact toward the end of his presidency it was she who really held the reins of the country even though she had never been elected.

Mother Teresa, while not physically strong was an extremely powerful woman and a force for change. Devoting her life to the service of the poor and dispossessed Mother Teresa became a global icon for selfless service to others. She was awarded the Nobel Peace prize in 1979.

Indira Gandhi is another who inspired either love or hate. Ironically she even foresaw her own fate. The day before her death Indira Gandhi visited Orissa on 30 October 1984 where she gave her last speech: I am alive today, I may not be there tomorrow...I shall continue to serve until my last breath and when I die, I can say, that every drop of my blood will invigorate India and strengthen it.

The list goes on and on.

You make me remember the day because i was there where she was giving her speech though i was too young to understand anything but i saw her and next day got news that she was killed............i didnt get chance to go to Kolkota or else i would have seen Mother Teresa too...............

wjwoodward wrote:

The list goes on and on.

pardon me i shell apologize to all fellows about my post

Apology accepted, no problem.

mas fred wrote:

Like her or not, she's about the strongest woman that ever lived.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc … 54648a.jpg

I don't doubt that she had to be exceptionally strong to rule a country with Benny Hill and Jimmy Savile as cultural icons, but any mother who has ever had to raise children on her own is stronger than that.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I don't doubt that she had to be exceptionally strong to rule a country with Benny Hill and Jimmy Savile as cultural icons, but any mother who has ever had to raise children on her own is stronger than that.

Well Hailey, I don't know of any mothers who had to raise around 50 million children and deal with a number of international crises at the same time. I do however get a chuckle out of how a lot of Americans tend to minimize the importance of other world leaders. Somehow I don't remember seeing a conveniently placed telephone booth and red cape when I visited the White House. I know you guys are really important on the global stage, but you're hardly up there alone. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know how you went from a pro-mothers post to another anti-American attack, but it was fun to watch.

Hardly an Anti-American attack Hailey, but comparing any single mom to the same level of power as a major world leader is kind of ridiculous, don't you think? Can you really tell me that American don't downplay the role of other heads of state and top-ranking politicians at every opportunity? Of course they do and we've all seen that time-and-time-again.

I suppose that women like Indira Gandhi, Benezir Bhutto, Golda Meir and the like are just little blips on the radar too?

Seems to me I remember when you were so eagre to portray that little man Yigal Palmor as some kind of "giant". Where would he be on your "single mom" scale? Can't have it both ways, ya know!

wjwoodward wrote:

Hardly an Anti-American attack Hailey, but comparing any single mom to the same level of power as a major world leader is kind of ridiculous, don't you think? Can you really tell me that American don't downplay the role of other heads of state and top-ranking politicians at every opportunity? Of course they do and we've all seen that time-and-time-again.
I suppose that women like Indira Gandhi, Benezir Bhutto, Golda Meir and the like are just little blips on the radar too?7

Seems to me I remember when you were so eagre to portray that little man Yigal Palmor as some kind of "giant". Where would he be on your "single mom" scale? Can't have it both ways, ya know!

Think if the day in life of a single mother of 9 in a place with no welfare cheques.  Brings up and educates her children till they grow to be responsible adults.  Then think of a day in life of a prime minister with advisory teams, financial experts, servants etc. She hardly have to move a muscle let alone think for herself. Most of us imagine presidents and prime ministers rule countries. There are people who cook in the kitchen and the work of heads of states is just to feed us citizen.  I'll vote for the single moms with little or no education and have brought up giants

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I don't know how you went from a pro-mothers post to another anti-American attack, but it was fun to watch.

You, as with many Americans, confuse 'anti American foreign policy' with 'anti American'.
You can dislike the politics of a country without disliking everything about that country.

America consists of 35 countries, plus various dependencies and territories, on two continents (North and South America).

beppi wrote:

America consists of 35 countries, plus various dependencies and territories, on two continents (North and South America).

This is true, but the term, "Americans" commonly refers to United states citizens.

Not in my vocabulary - I find it slightly arrogant to claim (if only in words) a whole continent and the neighbouring one for one of its countries.
(Similarly, I am also not Caucasian, since neither me nor any of my ancestors had contacts with those small and struggling countries in the hills between Russia and Turkey.)

coolcamp,

I was a "single father" raising, feeding, educating 4 children full-time, long before the movie Mr. Mom every came out or the term became popular. They are all responsible adults, so I do know firsthand the struggles of parenting on one's own. I wouldn't for one second try to compare myself to the power and influence of any head of state or high ranking official like Margaret Thatcher or any of the other women I mentioned.

I was not trying to put down all Americans or mothers, only to show the ridiculousness of the statement that "ANY single mom who has raised children on her own is stronger than that", and the attitude that some US citizens have that they're all alone out there.

Hi everybody,

I think that everything has been said here, so thank you for your participation and contribution.  :top:

@ asitha.chamara > It would be best if you can open a topic concerning expatriation please, as this is what Expat.com is all about. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed

Meet other expats and join the events

OR