Security in Maputo?

Hi all expats,
I'm about to go to Maputo in the near future.
I've spent two years in other African countries, fortunately, I was safe.
I've also heard that it's not safe there in Maputo.
Any advise on prevention of kidnapping and robbery?

PS, I like sports, photography, driving and snorkelling
hope to find peoples with the same interest.

Cheers,

Hi jamesoverseas,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your post on the Maputo forum in order to help you to receive more specific responses from the members.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers:

You can come the situation is not very bad.

Hello Priscilla,
Thanks!

Hopefully...

Hi I have the same concern you have.. and fortunately have the same hobbies as well. Tell me how it goes with your move to Maputo? maybe we could meet if I was able to make it to there..

Cheers.
Tamer

I am still trying to get my way into Maputo. Am not very sure if I will succeed.  I am still in Zim, Of late I havent been sending any applications.  What is your profession?

Regards
Shami

Hi Shami,

I am into financial accounting and internal auditing as a profession. I am however now working in the removals, transport and logistics industry as a business development and operations person.

Raphael Masvaya wrote:

Hi Shami,

I am into financial accounting and internal auditing as a profession. I am however now working in the removals, transport and logistics industry as a business development and operations person.

Raphael,
good day.. I read your recent post here, can you tell me where can i find salary information about Finance and Accounting professions in Mozambique. anything like a salary survey.

Cheers..
Tamer

Hi Tamer,

Try to contact big 4 auditing firms like KPMG, PWC, Enerst & Young, Deloites & Touch they normally have those statistics. Salaries, however vary a lot depending on the candidate's experience and qualifications.

Raphael

Hello everyone,

@Tamer,

This topic is on "security in Maputo", if you have other questions please start a new discussion on the forum Maputo for more visibility. :)

Thank you,
Christine