Employment Pass Rejected

Hi ,I applied for Singapore training employment pass.today I checked my status is showing'pending vetting agency.Application comes out 2 months'.when it will be approved.please advised me.

If the system says it will take two months, that's probably the best estimate you can get. It can be earlier or later, depending on how fast your home country authorities, schools or previous employers respond to MoM's vetting inquiries.

Hi! I havent worked here at singapore so please give me advise. One company had applied me for E Pass but unfortunately its been rejected yesterday.
Also yesterday, I had an interview and the Employer would also want me to be key in. Do I need to retrieve with the key in details with the previous employer for the reference of the new employer? thanks

EP applications are (have to be) filed by the prospective employer, not you.
If the previous application is rejected (and no appeal filed) you or the previous employer doesn't need do anything, your new one should just submit the new application.

thanks Beppi

hi,

just wanted to ask whether the chances of getting the e-pass approve slim down when the procesing time is getting longer.

My ep was applied last 14 oct 2014 but until now the status is still pending..? does the chances of getting it approve is very low because my s pass before was applied and approved on the same day.

Hoping you can shed some light on it. thanks

The length of processing and your chances of success have nothing to do with each other.
Relax and wait!

Hi Beppi!

I've recently receive an offer from a MNC in Singapore, as a Sale Engineer.
They are in the middle of getting an EP for me, I just want to ask the possibility of success in my case:
- Bachelor Degree (in Vietnam)
- 5 years working experience in R&D (0 year in Sale). They want to expand their business to my country, so I think that's the reason why they want to hire me.
- Base salary: 3k6 SGD

I'm very excited for this opportunity as I have been through 5 rounds of interview, please share your opinion.

Thank you!

I think your chances are reasonably good - if your degree is recognised by MoM (which you can check on their webpage), the company can hire foreigners (do they already employ sufficient locals and a few foreigners?) and they have gone through the prescribed protocol to show there aren't suitably skilled locals (was the job unsuccessfully posted on the locals-only job bank for at least two weeks?).
The only problem I see is that the salary ir rather low -  a sales engineer with 5 years applicable experience should earn almost double of what you're offered.

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I think the salary is low, but I couldn't ask for more. The company said my experience is just enough for 50% of which required in the new job.
Besides, the employer don't want to provide the applicant number so I cannot track my EP application status.

thAnks.. hoping for the positive outcome :-)

My EP was rejected last week, my HR told me the reason being is because MOM doubt that the company will be able to pay me (it's a new company, providing services), and requested the company to submit documents proving how many major clients my company has. It's been a week since my HR applied for an appeal and submitted relevant documents (major clients include one of the retail giant in SG which has 4 ACRA). Wondering how slim the chance of getting the appeal approved?

Nobody except MoM can tell whether your application will be successful or not. Just wait for the answer!

hi Beppi

I read your comment.. hopefully uncang help me to figure out and i think i want to ask you something about my EP process. actually i got and offering from singapore bank to work as a RM in singapore i got the salary 4,6k everything goes well until my EP is being rejected but MOM doesn't give the reason my employer already do the appeals but still rejected. i have a 6 Years experience in Banking and 4 Years experience as a Relationship manager. after i read this blog i think the problem about my EP is being rejected because my College degree.actually my College show up in MOM website but only the university not the school of management. my degree is recognize by the university.

my Question is
1. do i have to put additional information to MOM?
2. after the appealing is being rejected my employer Said it can be process once more but the chance is very low?
3 i see ads about Lawyer who Can help to appeals my EP how about if i ask Lawyer to help my case?
4 if everthing i do MOM still rejected me. do i have to give up not to find another company who want to hire me because i cant get the EP?

thanks beppi

1. and 2. If you have submitted correct and complete information to MoM and the application plus appeal was rejected, don't waste more time: You have no chance here!
3. Lawyers will only take your money, but cannot really do anything helpfful. MoM also does 't like dealing with lawyers and consultants, so your chances would be even lower.
4. If the reason for renection is the company, you might well be successful with another one. However, I think the reason is the low salary: With 6 + 4  = 10 years work experience in the finance industry, you should get nearly double of what they offered you!

Hello Beppi,
Just want to ask is there a limit for pass application? And for pass rejection?
Coz my s pass was approved for company A then afterwards withdrawn. So applied for other company. Now company B applied for E pass for me, and was rejected. :(

I wish MOM has a good reason for rejecting me. For e pass, the post was for asst ops mgr for travel agency,.. I have 2 bachelors degree with diploma from university recognize by MOM, and 2 professional certificate - cpa and cia. Have 5 yrs work exp (1 for accounting and 4 internal audit)... So operations is not new to me.. I can handle the post. :( salary is 4800 wc i think is fair? So why the rejection?  Thanks in advance!

You can have employers apply for your work passes as many times as you want, but of course there is no guarantee that you'll be successful.
MoM doesn't normally disclose their reasons for rejection, so it's always a guessing game. Here is my guess for your case:
- job not aligned with your education / work experience?
- there are enough locals who can do the job ( and/or it wasn't unsuccessfully posted on the Jobs Bank for two weeks)?
- Employer not allowed to hire foreigners?
- Salary too low (double B.Sc. With 5 yr. exp. Should be S$6000-8000, I think)?

Thanks beppi for the reply. The company considered increasing the pay to get me in there company. So they re-applied, but I wonder how many days will it take to approve it. Yes I hope they will approve it this time.. It has been 3 days and up to now no status.. Will there be a new MOM officer who will review or just the same as the previous application? The salary is the only thing ammended, i hope this time TAT will be shorter.. And of course hoping for a positive result this time...

I don't know if an appeal is processed by a different MoM officer or the same. But I know that MoM is VERY suspicious of raised salaries to get the pass, because those too often come with illegal kick-back schemes. If your company did not include a very good and convincing explanation why you're suddenly worth that much more to them, you will be rejected again.

Where and how will the company put the explanation for the raised salary? Can they still provide explanation while the application process is still pending? Thanks again

They should have submitted it with the appeal. I guess they can provide it later, but better ask MoM!

Hi!

Anyone here experienced with employer not providing FIN for you to check the status of EP application yourself?
My employer told me to wait for 4-6 weeks, but waiting in the dark with no information is just killing me.

Maybe asking them nicely would help?
Or, if they charged you for the application (which is actually illegal), they are probably cheats and will not help you any further. In this case look for another employer!

Hi all, especially Beppi,

Today I have my S Pass approved, I'm really happy.
Hope for the positive outcome for every one who is waiting for their result here.

Congrats to you Kiddie! How many days did you wait for te approval of ur pass?

Hi Beppi, is multiple pass application allowed by Mom? Just curious. Thanks again

No multiple applications allowed - only one at a time!

Ok thanks beppi!!! :)

@Patient:
It's 2 weeks and a half.

Hi Beppi,
   I guess i'm posting this here out of desperation, i got my PhD recently from NUS an got a job offer as a postdoc in NUS however, EP was rejected. I don't know the reasons yet. Salary 5.5K

Hi beppi, i have my epass reapplied by company A but up to now no result (almost 2wks). Company B wants to apply me an S pass. As u said, multiple application is not allowed right. So what is your advise on this? I prefer the work offered by the company B and I hope this time I get approved.. Hayy #hardtimefightingformydreams

Chukwuemeka wrote:

Hi Beppi,
   I guess i'm posting this here out of desperation, i got my PhD recently from NUS an got a job offer as a postdoc in NUS however, EP was rejected. I don't know the reasons yet. Salary 5.5K

Sorry, without knowing further details, I cannot speculate as to what caused your rejection.

Patient wrote:

Hi beppi, i have my epass reapplied by company A but up to now no result (almost 2wks). Company B wants to apply me an S pass. As u said, multiple application is not allowed right. So what is your advise on this? I prefer the work offered by the company B and I hope this time I get approved.. Hayy #hardtimefightingformydreams

If you do not any longer want to work for company A, you should terminate the employment contract you have with them (check the contract for terms and conditions of this). The company then must cancel the EP application in due course, after which company B can apply for a new EP. Please note that there is no guarantee this EP will be approved - in fact MoM dislikes job-hoppers and you can be rejected for this.

I'm a Nigerian Medical doctor and just finished my PhD in Biomedical studies (guess my country could be a problem). Before applying for the EP, i used the online SAT tool and it says i was eligible for either EP or Spass. I got an offer as a postdoctoral research fellow in the NUS school of medicine (i waited for about 3 months as NUS said they had to re-verify my previous educational background). Really can't think about why the pass was rejected

Hi beppie, thank u for the reply. I have not started yet with company A as there is no work pass approval yet.. And so while while waiting, one of the companies that I have applied before had given me an update that I passed their interview and will soon be applying a pass. So I have not job hop yet and actually no plans especially if my pass will be approved with company B because its my dream job, very much related with my line of work..

You have a valid employmenz contract with company A, which is (this is the standard phrase, please check) conditional on EP approval by MoM. This means, If the EP is not approved, the contract is void ( but you'd have to wait for MoM's decision for this!).. If it is approved, you have to work for them (as you have agreed to by signing the contract)., or you have to terminate the contract with the notice stipulated within it.
Only after this can company B apply for a new pass.
Multiple pass applications within a short time are negative in MoM's eyes, but absconding the employment contract with company A without proper termination might get you completely banned. Be careful!

Hello Beppie, I dont have employment contract with company A yet since as of now the epass approval is still pending (i think the employment contract will follow after receiving the pass approval?) and have not started working with them either so no contract to terminate! Just to be clear with that.

My question is, can I ask company A to withdraw my pass application while it is still pending ... Because I do not intend to pursue my application with company A anymore at the same time company B wanted to apply me a work pass. As i have said, i prefer working in company B as this is more in line with my profession. By the way, i also have no emplyment contracf yet with company B.. But as advise by company B, contract will be sent to me shortly... 

I hope i am clear now.. Thanks again. Appreciate ur reply.. :)

If you never agreed to work for company A (a verbal agreement is also a contract!), then they would not have applied for your EP.
Since you probably have agreed, you are now bound by thst contract and need to terminate it first before other stops are possible. Contact company A to tell them about your change of mind, and ask for their assistance!

Hi can anyone help me

I am an expat living in Malaysia, however i am changing to a role where I will be manager of Malaysia and Singapore, do I need to get an EP for singapore? I would be in Singapore about 25% of my time but will continue to live and be paid in Malaysia

Thanks if anyone can help :)

mooky1975 wrote:

I am an expat living in Malaysia, however i am changing to a role where I will be manager of Malaysia and Singapore, do I need to get an EP for singapore? I would be in Singapore about 25% of my time but will continue to live and be paid in Malaysia

As far as I know, if you are employed by a Malaysian company and your trips to Singapore do not exceed 60 days per calendar year and/or are  incidental to your Malaysian job, you do not need a Singapore work visa.
But since this is an unusual constellation, it is better you consult MoM and follow their advice.
If you do need a Singapore work visa after all, the Singapore office of your company would have to employ (and pay) you, which might create more formal hurdles (and thus should be avoided, in my opinion).

Hi beppi,

I got 4 months short term assignment from my company to be placed in singapore (same group company). I hv 11 yrs working experience with 7,5 yrs in the product management which is the job that i'm currently doing. Current salary is around sgd 5k. Since this is still short term assignment my salary will still be paid by home country.
The hrd in singapore applied for EP 2,5 weeks ago and now the status is pending for further input from other government agencies. I have a bachelor degree of management, however the college i was graduated is not the recognize uni from singapore goverment.

Could you please advice is there any chance that my ep will be rejected? And what does it means by further input from other government agencies? I'm so worried now...