Hungarian Residence Bond program

I am trying to get a Hungarian PR through their bond program for my whole family. Wife+3 school going kids. I have a few questions regarding PR:
1) Does PR give me a right to get employed in Hu?
2) Does PR give my kids the right to go to public educational institutions ?
3) Are there any institutions in Hungary who offer education in English ?
4) I understand after 8 year of holding PR I am eligible for Hu passport with a language test.
is there a minimum number of days per year I need to physically reside in Hu for these 8 years ? you help is much appreciated. thanks in advance.

There are many sites around that list the benefits of residency under this bond program. I have not checked them for a while, and the laws change here in Hungary frequently so they may not be up to date. But that is where you should look for questions regarding this bond program.

But from looking into this some time ago, I do think I remember the basic price was for a spouse and up to 2 children. Otherwise, under my understanding of the bond residency law, you can work in Hungary. And of course there are schools that offer education in English, but they are not part of the "free" public education system. And you can apply for citizenship after some year, but you do have to learn Hungarian.

I do not know if the residency bond has some physical presence requirement, but residency also of course means tax residency. That is, even if you are away from Hungary most of the time, your official *residency* is Hungary, and your world wide income might be thus taxed in Hungary since you can not normally declare dual residency in two different countries for tax purposes (but you can have income from another county be taxed in that other country and avoid some Hungarian income tax on that income, if there exists a tax treaty between those two countries to avoid double taxation). So depending on your fiscal position, Hungarian residency may not be ideal from a personal income tax perspective.

If you have the money, consider instead Malta. The investor bond is very expensive (if you include the property and government investment requirements), but the Malta bond is an actual citizenship bond, not just a residency bond. And one of the official languages of Malta is English so you will have not have to learn a new language.

I have also invested in the Hungarian Residence Bond Program since a few months . I have done it through Arton Capital in Dubai , U.A.E. Have you also invested through them ???

As of now , I have got the 'Temporary Residence Permit' . In regards to the Hungarian Citizenship , my understanding is that , currently , the Residence Program gives a vague information on that issue ,like for example , sometimes it says that the Hungarian Passport will only be given after 8 years BUT sometimes it says 'special arrangements' are about to be implemented and after holding the 'Permanent Residence Permit' , it would be granted .....

That's my two cents in this matter .... By the way , what's your opinion on this ???

I looked at it briefly a while ago. My recollection is that it seemed somewhat expensive for a residence-only visa that offered no fast-track to citizenship and no rights at all elsewhere in the EU. I was also somewhat disturbed by the large amounts taken off the top for fees and commissions.

But again, its value depends on your own personal situation, so no doubt it works fine for some.

i want to know is there any one who buy the residency bond program ,,,please i want true informations

Yes , I have bought the Residency Bond Program

dear friend i will appreciate if you can help me in understanding some hidding point in this program iam going to invest with Arton as well but there is some point which are making me to afraid from this investment we can communicate if you like by email xxx

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

are you in UAE or Iran ?

iam in Kurdistan of Iraq

Hello, know that Hungary is not the most friendly country in Europe for foreigners and particularly from East middle, if you have followed the news about immigrants.

Concerning your children, there are some international schools in Budapest, but they are enough expensive. Nevertheless, it's the best possibility for them because Hungarian is a language so hard with 19 declensions. It's fino-ugrian language, totally different that indo-europeans languages (which a takes part English) with none word common.

dearSTEFFIFI
do you know any thing about rsidency bond ptogram of Hungarian ,,is it safe procedure ,,could any one have expirience with this program and explain to me the bad and black side of this program which cost 400.000 $
Bests

Ah ok, it's a very important program so. I didn't know it :)

i have same situation like you and i want to invest but according to my information this rogram provide you with per ,residency after 6 month ,but citiczin ship ,no
what i want to know i it simple this program as they advertising for or it is just to enroll and send the money then who could blame if you have a problem ???

STEFFIFI wrote:

..... Hungarian is a language so hard with 19 declensions. It's fino-ugrian language, totally different that indo-europeans languages (which a takes part English) with none word common.

It is very difficult here and the Hungarians are very bad at languages these days (because of the rise of nationalism probably), but there are many HU words borrowed from other languages like so it's not all bad even though the origins are obscure.  Kids are very adaptive and they will eventually speak the language and become bilingual. Obviously the younger they are, the easier it will be for them.  Anything past about 8 years old, they face somewhat the same problems as adults learning.  My own kids are bilingual and I have noticed that they are quite good at learning new words from other languages from listening an observing. I suspect it's because they are bilingual and their brains are now wired differently to mine.