Teaching salary and benefits with ADVETI

Hello everyone, I have had my Pre screening interview with Teach Away on 19th August 2014, My placement co ordinator was Jordan. He said that the phone interview went excellent and he will let me know with in person interview  date in two weeks time. meanwhile he has sent me an email with some information about adu dhabi ID and where to buy cars and all these.

However he has mentioned that at this time all the Adveti representatives are away in Abu Dhabi and they are with the teachers for September session and it might be late.

My question is, its been nearly 20 days and i have not heard anything or received any emails from Jordan.

Any idea guys what should i do ? or is it normal that it gets that late after phone interview.?

Please let me know if you guys know of anything from your previous experience.

Thank you

Hi All
Wanted to question the move to the uae.  I have moved with adveti but really struggling to adapt, missing family and made the decision I feel in a rush having not given much time to decide. I feel like quitting in a week. I see someone has mentioned about paying back the mobilisation costs?  Is that the only costs you pay back?

Hi guys,

I have just finished the Skype interview with ADVETI (I think I will be based in STS) in engineering field   and they gave me the impression that they accepted me but it takes from two weeks to one month to confirm that as they said?!!
Now I have some questions:
1.Do you think they need me for this semester or for the next   in January? How long the process will be? I live in Canada?
2.What type of paper or documents I have to prepare for them? And which one of them needs authenticating/attesting?
3.What about Experience letter is it very important? Because I attached just one of them .I have to do scan for the other and some of them in Arabic language? Do I need to translate it?
4.Can I take my family with me directly? My wife and 2 boys (aged 4 and 1.5) we are all Canadian.
5.What other advices would you give?

Thanks,

Hello there, do you hold a teaching qualification such as PGCE?

No , I don't !!
I have master degree in engineering

Hi my husband has a job as a personal development instructor but is still waiting to hear a start date should be January.  are there any of these instructors already working there?
What is the company like to work for? are the working days weeks long? I would be grateful for any info he would be based at the technical college teaching the military skills etc how are you finding the cost of housing
thanks

at official offer ; what if the offer you area like  DELMA or  BAYNOUNAH ?!! can I refuse it ?!!

Hi there.. im looking for some guidance on what is a decent salary for a secondary school science teacher looking to move to the uae with partner and 1 baby?

thanks

I am looking IT Trainee Programmer Position ,having 5 years experience in IT industry please let me know how could I approach .

Thanks

I need urgent assistance with information about Higher Colleges of Technology(HCT) and which one is better HCT or ADVTI ?

Anybody can help I am going to STS Ras AI Khaimah

Hi all

I've just received my initial offer for ADVETI

Could someone kindly elaborate on ADVETI relocating staff? Would it be weekly travel up and down the country OR literally moving up and down the country?

I've been offered a position on the 'Train the Trainer' program. Is anyone familiar with this?

To those that are currently working for ADVETI, can you give us newbies some advice.

Thanks in advance.

As for "ADVETI relocating staff," when I started in August of 2014, the relocation included:

1) Paid tickets (for me, my wife, and our three children) from the US to UAE
2) 10 days paid in a nice hotel
3) 20,000 dirhams as the official relocation package - we received checks for 20k a few days after arriving which we cashed and used the cash as we liked.

I have no idea about a "Train the Trainer" program. I currently teach in Abu Dhabi at one of ADVETI's vocational (engineering/logistics) institutes.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the swift reply Scott!

Did you manage to find a house/apartment to rent in 10 days? Seems like a short time to me.

I'll be working with the MOE training teachers. I think it's a new project...

What is your view of of the company thus far?

Thanks again!

10 days was certainly not enough time for us to find housing. I spent at least a month in hotels, paying out of pocket for them, before we found a villa.

The teacher training project sounds very cool. From what I have witnessed in these last four months, many teachers definitely seem like that need some actual "learning teaching" training.

As for my views on ADVETI, I think it's better if I not post everything here publicly. I think there is a way you can message me privately on here if you want. But just know, based on my experiences so far, the company pays well (as I have heard based on other teachers' comparisons with other companies), they pay on time, and they pay what they stated in the contract so those are the main advantages. Still, living in the UAE, at least for a family of five like mine, is hard despite one's salary.

There are some...obstacles...dealing with HR, however. If you do take the job, just make sure to get all your educational documents (including high school if you only have a BA) through that annoying chain of attestation process while you're still there at home.

I am interested to know about the educational options for those of us with children who are relocating to the UAE. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Megan

Ditto.....have you signed am your final contract?

As for educational options, I'm guessing the option my family chooses may not be applicable to you. However, one option is homeschooling, but of course perhaps it wouldn't work for every family. We have been homeschooling since birth (oldest is 16) in the US, UK, Saudi Arabia, and now here in the UAE.

So, if anyone is considering that, from what we've found out, it's not officially illegal. My oldest just sat for his GED (equivalent to a US public school high school diploma) in Dubai. There are homeschooling groups here too.

If by educational options you mean more traditional options like private schools here in the UAE, hopefully someone with knowledge about that can help you; I wish I could. I believe ADVETI provides AED 80,000 as an educational allowance for a family if that helps.

Thank you Scott! I'd love to home school but with the husband and I intending to work full time, I don't see this as an option for us.

Scott, in terms of process, what is the next step after you've received an initial offer? I've accepted and sent over relevant documents...what now?

Shukran

I received my initial offer in May of 2014. I then began attesting my documents (degree, birth certificates, marriage license, etc.). In June, I received my final contract. In July, I received my e-tickets and then I flew to the UAE mid-August.

So after you've received your initial offer, the next step is simply to wait. In the month that followed that, I just kept pestering my recruiter until finally ADVETI approved a final contract and sent that to me. When you're anxious to go, I know it is frustrating waiting and waiting for the next step. My recruiter told me that from the time I accepted my initial offer, ADVETI may take from 3-8 weeks to do a background check before they approve the final contract. However, in my case, it only took about a month from initial offer to final offer.

It gets old to hear, but the only thing is to be patient at this point. Just wait until you DO get hired and try to get anything official done over here while in the UAE. You will constantly be told, "Insha Allah, tomorrow. Please be patient." Frustrating, no doubt.

Hello,

I just got invited to attend the in- person interview for the IT position with ADVETI. I would like to know what kinds of questions they ask in the interview. Any insight on the in – person interview is highly appreciated?
What kinds of document do I need to prepare to take with me to the interview?

Thank you for you reply

Did you get the interview from what i know they cancelled the one on 14th/15th February in Manchester ?

hI did you get an initial offer and if so how much was it for ?

Thank for your reply. Do you know why they cancelled the interview?
My Interview will be in New York, and I am waiting to receive an invitation from my recruiting agency.

ADVETI
Be warned the expateoits from UK are liars very poor relations with their Australian counterparts and lots of bitching back stabbing as well as the HR ADVETI are crooks who do nothing to help and are essentially mean

happyoutofit wrote:

ADVETI
Be warned the expateoits from UK are liars very poor relations with their Australian counterparts and lots of bitching back stabbing as well as the HR ADVETI are crooks who do nothing to help and are essentially mean

Could you please elaborate with more precise information as it may then assist others.
Thank you.

Hello happyoutfit.

Thank you for your post. Have you got any contract with ADVETI?  Or do you work for them? I want to know so I can decided whether to go or not to the Interview?

Thanks

Hi,
I have been offered a similar position. Did you accept the position? how are you finding it?
Thanks for the input.
Jaws1

Hello i am Fatu. I am a mother of three, both I and my husband would like some advice on teaching in Abudhabi with ADVETI. I am planning to apply for a job there but have never been in the country before. Any help will be appreciated Thank you.

Hello, I am Rafeek and I got an interview offer for Lab Technician from ADVETI, please tell me what are the rounds will be in interview? especially I want to know the details of written test, personal interview and salary range for technician.

Please reply my queries...

P

Hi,

Anyone has an idea about salary scale for non teaching position for an indian? position is facility coordinator.

Hello, did your initial letter say you were on the MOE project?

Hi!

My initial offer stated 'MOE project'. When did you go for your interview and do you have any more info on the role?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I had the interview on the 14th of February and only received the initial letter this week! No more on the role, except t hat I'll be an English Teacher in the MOE project. I have two young children (5,8) and it would have helped hugely had i known at least the location.
No job description attached unfortunately:( , Did yours specify, 'Train the Trainers'?

Hi Jaws,

I had just got my initial offer letter last week too. unfortunately it doesn't state the location to where I will be working which is kind of annoying as it's hard to plan ahead, specially trying to find schools for children. I've heard spaces in schools are limited and is highly competitive get a place.

I am lead to believe that the location will be disclosed on the final contract which should be with us next. I am expecting to fly out in mid August 2015 well that's my educated guess.

ps. [1] Does anyone know that since we have received our initial contracts does that mean we have passed our pre employment checks?

[2] Do Adveti still put you up in a hotel for 10 days when you get there?

I hope this helps :-)

Cheers

It is very difficult to find good quality affordable housing here at the moment. The rents are rising exponentially and the housing allowance would only cover a decent one bedroom in the better areas or a two bedroom in other areas it depends what you are used to really. Here is a link to a recent article regarding rent:   gulfnews.com/news/uae/property/abu-dhabi-soaring-rents-make-expat-families-search-for-cheaper-options-1.1299936

average rents abu dhabi

i-dar.net/en/statistics/getSummary/2/1/1#.VVBq9Y4ipdg

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got any ideas on the following questions listed below:

[1] Does anyone know that since we have received our initial contracts does that mean we have passed our pre employment checks?

[2] Do Adveti still put you up in a hotel for 10 days when you get there?

If anyone can answer theses question it will be great help.

Many thanks

Hi there I'm moving to the uae in august with Adveti. They have said to me that I will get my visit along with my e ticket at the end of July or the first week of August. However they want me to be mobilised by the 14th of August . Is anyone else in the same position as me? Ive been very stressed out due to the fact I was hoping that I could start making arrangements for my son and I when I have the final visa. Has anyone else faced this delay. I would appreciate a response. Thank you

Babzi....yes we are all in the same position. We will be mobilized more or less the same week (for August starts). Prepare everything for your departure - home, work etc. And be ready to leave the first week of August.

What and where are you teaching? 😊