Teaching in Shizuoka

Hi! I have received a job offer at MEK English Kindergarten in Shizuoka and so far it looks very good. However, I live in the US and it is hard to be sure about something so drastic. I understand that "sure" is going to be a hard thing to achieve, but I would at least like to make as informed of a decision as possible. Has anyone heard of this school or know anyone who has worked there? I would also like to ask about the cost of living there since I know that living in certain parts of Japan can be very expensive. If anyone has any information at all I would appreciate it very much! Thank in advance!

Hi. I am Takako from Shizuoka, Japan! Wow congratulations! I would like to help you. If u need it, I will try to get the information about this kindergarten. Thanks.

Hi, Shizuoka prefecture is a very beautiful place with alot of nature ,rivers mountains and tea.Its famouse for Fuji san
which is world haritage now. Shizuoka is full of tea farm and Shizuoka tea is considered best quality in all over japan
due to the atmosphare. Yes Japan is expensive but it depends where you staying bigger cities are surely expensive
but you can surely find cheap places too.. I think shizuoka is much cheaper then tokyo ,nagoya or osaka ..anything you want to know pls ask me anytime my email is [email protected] and I live in shizuoka prefecture hope to see you soon here,cheers.

Bil

If you have some économies it wont be that expensive. And they know how to welcome in Japan.
I think it is a nice experience, and you will be traited like pure gold. Believe me.
But the "girl world" is some time hard, if you a bit sensitive about diet, about your image.
But you must fix clearly your expectations, objectives...previously read a bit and it will be OK.
Look my face book, we ofen speak about Japanese éco and society...but in French.
Sorry.