I am British and just moved to 6th of October (Hosary).

Hi I Just moved to 6th October and want to continue learning Egyptian arabic. Are there any schools in the area, or good freelance Arabic teachers (women preferred).  Am also a keen swimmer and wondering where I can go to swim without spending a fortune. Any information on the area generally  would be appreciated.

you can check American Academy ,they teach general Arabic &local dialect.

Please check the below link, but i don't think that's in 6th of october city. but it might be helpful.
arabic-in-cairo.com/intensive.htm#Methods of teaching Arabic as a forign Language .

Thank you Joy...

You can go to al zohor club  pool and all you pay for is just the entry tickets thought. Or just make a club a pool subscription for month that's better..
Hope that's helpful

(Moderated: no free ad here please)

Thanks Ahmed for your suggestion. Will try it...

Hi, u can go to samia aluba fitness gym they have an open air pool

There are many clubs in the area, I am sure you can have a day ticket such as seid club, for the Arabic, check the Sheikh zayed groups on FB, many have asked the question and several teachers put their details, they can do private or in groups, hope this helps and welcome to 6th of October

hi i am Ahmed i am from 6 October i can help to speak Arabic i am from Motamayez district 10minutes from hosary
i am a tour guide if u have interest call me 01001418107

Im tour guide.  If you want to explore Egypt
call me

Welcome but 6th of october is a dead zone place.

Thanks Heba for your information.

Thanks MOhamed for the information.

Thanks for the info Nyehia.