New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Ilvana,

I'm Muriel and I also live in Casablanca. As I am new in the city, I am looking forward to meeting people to go out sometimes.

So I am open to any cool idea :)

Muriel

It's my pleasure to meet new agadir visitors or living people here .

Thank you for the warm welcome, I will post a reply soon!

Elaine from Canada

Thank you for welcome. I live in Gambia and would like to know about Morocco. I have read and heard a lot of good thongs about Morocco, I wonder how the life would be there.
Cheers to all,
Mrs Kadri

Mrs Khalid Kadri wrote:

Thank you for welcome. I live in Gambia and would like to know about Morocco. I have read and heard a lot of good thongs about Morocco, I wonder how the life would be there.
Cheers to all,
Mrs Kadri

As a potential future expat, I would be interested in hearing those good things that you've read & have been told.

Yes How old are you?  What your nationality?

Nice to meet you what do you do in casa ?

Oki where are you now ? I want to say your district

Oki if you want i can meet you tomorrow in medina casablanca Near hayat regency hôtel

This is my number 0674684349 give me yours

Kacem fes wrote:

This is my number xxxxxxxxxxxx give me yours

Kacem. This is all a fantasy. He is not an English teacher as he states. This is obvious to anyone who is a native English speaker. He makes grammar mistakes and doesn't know how to post in lower case. On another thread, he is copying and pasting from other people's posts and pretending they are his own.

Moreover, he is not "from" the UK. In his profile, which is certainly false, he says that he is from Bangladesh.

I don't know what he thinks he can gain from this behaviour, but if I were you, I'd forget about this meeting.

In addition, you shouldn't leave you number on a public forum.

Yassine young Moroccan, I am currently living in Morocco, Casablanca. I work as a designer Motion "graphics"

I traveled only once to work in Libya but unfortunately I had an accident because of the instability of the country!

I am trying to find a country where I can live and work in peace.

Hello everyone  :cheers:

Yassine jeune Marocain, je vie actuellement au Maroc, Casablanca. je travaille en tant que Motion designer "graphisme"

J'ai voyagé une seul fois pour un travail en Libye mais malheureusement j'ai eu un accident à cause de l'instabilité du pays !

Je suis entrain de chercher un pays ou je peux vivre et travailler tranquillement.

Bonjour tout le monde  :cheers:

Morocco is at peace. So what are you really looking for?

Peace Yes but peace without working it's a big problem specially in my case I have a great profession but I can't find a job with it, and also I want to visit and lives and learn another cultures.

chaimae chaib from morocco

Hi to all here! Im gina, a filipina lived and work in casablanca, morocco for 2years..
I love the weather here, and I already learned a little darija and french ahahaha, and started to learn about their cultures..living and working here is consider as great adventures.....in my single life!

Hello!

I am Marina, russian from Estonia and I am coming to Agadir for several months to work. I just discovered that I am pregnant so I am a little bit scared about moving and I would love to get some advises where can I receive good maternity care.

Salam,

I am Yasmin Muhalao , Filipino Muslim , 24 years old from philippines , I llike morocco country is so beautiful spot , I dream to come there.

Hey i m kacem 24 i grow up in fes but working in casablanca i m muslim of course because i m Moroccan if you want to meet us give me your email

Hello Im Mourad frome morocco You are welcome , And anyone need help Im Here :)

Hi to all people here!
my name is gina,30 and a filipina.....presently living in casablanca for 2years, im  proud to say i learned darija but not fluent hihihi..if I encountered many people who spoke only darija, so I tried to speak darija too...trying hard on it....hhhhhhhhhhh..and when the moment they understand my simple accent, it made me feel great.wow! But most people I encountered just laugh and said
"your darija is cute" ..
anyways,  love the trafitional dress with belts! Was dreamin i could wear that in a party but  so sad because no one has invited me :-(..
hi love couscous too!:-) Hhhhhhh but most of all, iloooooooooove the weather here...

Why do people in Morocco type:

"hhhhhhhhhh"

It is the sound it makes when they laugh, just like spanish type jajajajaja and brazilians huehuehuehuehue, etc. Even a laugh is part of the culture,

So the sound the Spanish make when they laugh is is ja ja ja ja ja ja

The Moroccans - hhhhhhhhh

And Brazilians - huehuehuehuehu

And humans - hahahahahaha

There is more than English in this world, and you are very dumb to say "humans - hahahaha" if you do a little search you can find more cultures and their different laughter.

English – “hahaha”, “LOL”
Spanish – “jajaja”
Arabic – “ههههه” (“hhhhh” – Arabic doesn't write short vowels, so that could be read as “hahahahaha”)
Thai – “55555″ (“5″ in Thai is pronounced “ha”)
French – “hahaha”, “héhéhé”
Russian – “хахаха” (“hahaha”), “бгггггг” (“bgggg”), “гггггг” (“gggggg”), “олололо” (“olololo”)
Ukrainian – “бгггггг” (“bhhhh”), “гггггг” (“hhhhhh”)
Catalan – “hahaha”
Portuguese – “hahaha”, “hashuashuashuashua”, “rá!”, “kkkkk”, “rsrsrs”
Korean – “ㅋㅋ” (“kk”), “ㅎㅎㅎ” (“hhh”)
Japanese – “wwww”, “ふふふ” (“huhuhu”)
Mandarin – “哈哈哈哈哈” (“hahahahaha”), “呵呵呵呵呵” (“hehehehehe”)
Indonesian – “wkwkwkwk”
Swedish – “hahaha”, “hehehe”, “hihihi”
Norwegian – “hæhæhæ”, “høhøhø”
Vietnamese – “hihihi”

Source: https://voxy.com/blog/index.php/2012/04 … languages/

This is my email [email protected] give me yours i can help you i live in casablanca me too for two years

The dumb one is you, marianacardoso.

- You can't tell the difference between someone being serious or sarcastic. It was a joke, so relax. I know the reasons behind why people type the way they do. I've used the internet long enough to see all the varieties out there. And "LOL" is abbreviation for "Laughing Out Loud".

- Secondly, while English isn't the only language in the world, this my friend, is an anglophone forum. So naturally we are expected to type in manner that speakers of English would understand. It would be quite foolish for an Indonesian to come on here with their "wkwkwkwkwkwkwkwwk" don't you think? It's best they kept that to themselves or on a forum where it could be understood!

I'm sorry if anyone was offended. Feel free to remove my posts, Mods.

hello mery how u doing :)

Hows it hanging lads, craig from sussex here, just got to morocco, casa, things are pretty good, the houses are massive and the food is to die, for big problem though i can't understand a word anyone is saying, any info on learning darija here.
nice meeting you all by the way

KCM2014 wrote:

Hows it hanging lads, craig from sussex here, just got to morocco, casa, things are pretty good, the houses are massive and the food is to die, for big problem though i can't understand a word anyone is saying, any info on learning darija here.
nice meeting you all by the way

I would say be careful of any "help" offered via PM. There will be chancers pretending to be professional teachers of Darija. This forum is infested with scammers. Just be careful on this forum, and also in Morocco. You can use this forum to ask about prices and so on, and build up some knowledge, so you don't get ripped-off during your visit.

Thanks mate, noted

KCM2014 wrote:

Thanks mate, noted

I'll second the advice you received. I have met 3 people off the Morocco forum as a one to one meeting and I don't do it any more. 2 were good-time girls, one was a rent boy. They had profiles alleging that they were either expats or in good jobs. Each meeting was distressing as I refused to pay for their coffees and cakes and whatnot. The lad actually got threatening with me when I wouldn't pay for "the scanner my Mum needs in Rabat". On the other hand, dinners with expats and ORGANISED by verifiable expats (not locals) have proven to be successful ways of networking, learning and making friends. It has to be a meal, not a suggestion of coffee as the fraudsters won't risk forking out 300 or 400 dirhams for a meal with wine and so on. Nor is fraud a trade conducive to being plied where there is a group. Unfortunately, there is far more activity in the francophone forums of meetings for meals, but I take it you don't speak French.

I would never accept offers of "help" that arrive unsolicited in your mailbox, even if it's for something as simple as "I'd love to show you round". If someone has a service to offer (to teach Darija, for example), they can do it openly on the forums, where you can insist publicly on seeing proof of their qualifications . I'd be wary of offers from anyone at all who has no, or a short, record of posting here if they appear as a post on a thread.

Lastly, be wary of people simply chatting to you in the street or at a café. Many, indeed the majority, will be out to separate you from your money. Foreigners are seen in Morocco as wallets on legs or as cashpoints by a large section of the population.

He speaks French, according to his profile. Craig, just in case you're not aware of it, there are several language-version of this site, here is the Francophone forum:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4050

In general, you can change forums, from the top-right corner.

I do apologize if this is already obvious to you.

XB23 wrote:

He speaks French, according to his profile.

You're right. I guess I was misled by him saying he didn't understand a word anyone was saying and I assumed that he didn't speak French from that.

laduqesa wrote:
XB23 wrote:

He speaks French, according to his profile.

You're right. I guess I was misled by him saying he didn't understand a word anyone was saying and I assumed that he didn't speak French from that.

I think he was referring to the Darija that was being spoken, rather than French. As I had the same problem as well. But less so. Because he is half-Moroccan, so I assume they talk to him automatically in Darija, rather than French.

XB23 wrote:

The dumb one is you, marianacardoso.

- You can't tell the difference between someone being serious or sarcastic. It was a joke, so relax. I know the reasons behind why people type the way they do. I've used the internet long enough to see all the varieties out there. And "LOL" is abbreviation for "Laughing Out Loud".

- Secondly, while English isn't the only language in the world, this my friend, is an anglophone forum. So naturally we are expected to type in manner that speakers of English would understand. It would be quite foolish for an Indonesian to come on here with their "wkwkwkwkwkwkwkwwk" don't you think? It's best they kept that to themselves or on a forum where it could be understood!

I'm sorry if anyone was offended. Feel free to remove my posts, Mods.

She's not dumb, that post was interesting, you however are very rude.
Who are you to come insulting people here, use this forum to say nice things, please.

alicedaisyspoon wrote:

She's not dumb, that post was interesting, you however are very rude.
Who are you to come insulting people here, use this forum to say nice things, please.

Errrrrrrrrrrr.... She is the one that came on here & called me dumb, and I replied in the same manner she treated me. Get your facts right before you post.

Thank you.

I'll second that, dude. When I first got to Morocco I was of the firm belief that NOT everyone was out to get me, and there will be plenty of people here that I can make friends with, and trust etc etc...
But after being proven wrong time and time and again, and getting my fingers burned repeatedly, unfortunately I have become a very distrustful person (compared to how I used to be, anyway)

I would still meet people for coffee and drinks and stuff if the seem like they could maybe be ok, but with great caution.
There was an embarrassing situation recently when I went to a bar with 2 guys and at the end when I had money for my drink but they had nothing, assuming I was there to pay for them, too.
In the end I paid for mine and left them there looking sheepish, serves them right, stupid twats.

Don't worry, alicedaisyspoon, they certainly had the money for their drinks, but they thought that they would persuade you by emotional blackmail to pay, even up to the last minute when you left them sitting there. That's what they do; many of them think we are walking wallets.

Yeah i speak French, Don't worry I guess I am lucky being half Moroccan, cause i can blend in and not stick out like a sore thumb, untill i open my gob that is ;)

Closed