Advice on choosing accomodation in Rifa

Hi folks,

I have read quiet a few topics on this forum and they were very helpful. I am about to move to Bahrain in a week.
I was wondering if I could get some information for my accommodation in Rifa ( i hope i am spelling it correctly). It would be great if some one could recommend any hotels near the BDF hospital. It is difficult to get a house in Rifa, what is the procedure like.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sam

Hi there.

There are no hotels near the BDF Hospital. The closest proper hotel near the BDF Hospital is the Sofitel Hotel in Zallaq which is about 20 km away. The other options are the hotels in Manama and Seef.

Riffa is a fairly large town and is divided into two sections, namely, East Riffa and West Riffa. There are lots of accommodation options in both these places. Apartments mostly. Best is for you to come over and then look around.

Please let us know if you have more questions or have follow up questions.

Best wishes on your move to Bahrain.

hi farhaz,

thank you for the info it is helpful. it is better to come there and have a look for myself and choose.
i was concerned about my stay for the first few days and the travel to the hospital.
thank you

sami

BDF hospital is in the center of Bahrain.  All main cities are within 15 to 20 KM tops,  you should be fine.

docsami wrote:

hi farhaz,

thank you for the info it is helpful. it is better to come there and have a look for myself and choose.
i was concerned about my stay for the first few days and the travel to the hospital.
thank you

sami

I am sure the hospital will arrange some temporary accommodation for you. If not, you should ask them. It is normal for first timers to be given some accommodation for a few weeks while they settle down.

docsami wrote:

Hi folks,

I have read quiet a few topics on this forum and they were very helpful. I am about to move to Bahrain in a week.
I was wondering if I could get some information for my accommodation in Rifa ( i hope i am spelling it correctly). It would be great if some one could recommend any hotels near the BDF hospital. It is difficult to get a house in Rifa, what is the procedure like.
I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sam

Hotels are way too far as Farhaz mentioned :)
Don't worry , the hospital will arrange some accommodation for you , just ask them about it :)

And yeah , welcome to the Pearl Island :):D

Dear Nawafo,

Thank you for the advice. Feeling positive.

Thanks

Sami

Hi again,

I was informed that they will provide a hotel for the first 10 days. I guess this time should be enough to arrange something.
Thanks a lot for your reply, appreciate it a lot.

Sami

Thanks a lot, gunner757, :)
Sami

Yes, generally 10 days to 2 weeks is enough to find yourself a place to live. You can ask them for an extension if you do not find a proper place.

Best wishes.

Thank you guys for all your advices

Hi guys I am back,

I have landed here safely and the first few days have been fine.

Unfortunately choosing an accommodation did not turn out to be an easy thing as I am still struggling.

I have had people show me around Riffa, but the area was not something I expected. 

I came to know that Juffair is the place where I can get the type of accomodation I am looking for.

Can someone suggest a better option please, my concern is that Juffair is far from the BDF hospital and I did not

like Riffa much.

Thanks guys.

Have you checked www.bahrainpropertyworld.com? You can see all the properties on a map. In addition ot Juffair, you should check Adliya and Seef as well.