New members of the Sweden forum, introduce yourself here

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hey. Dane_S. Sad to hear you're having a tough time. Have you tried Arbetsförmedlingen? I'm told they can help you find a job, and you get some financial support for two years as long you take part in their activities. Keep trying.

My story:
I'm Jan, 25 years old and coming from Slovenia. My girlfriend works near Stockholm since February, and I will move there in October. I'm currently looking for a job. I work in video production, but can also do photography, design, but happy to take any job I can find. If anybody wants to meet and make a new friend in Stockholm, Upplands Vasby leave me a message. :)

These question goes to all already living there. What are your experiences with Arbetsförmedlingen, and what are the requirements for an EU citizen to gain free lessons for the Swedish language (SFI)?
Please get back to me. Tnx! ;)

Will like to be ur friend if you don't mind

Hello sir.I just read your  blog and I will like to be your friend. I have the dream of living in Ghana. I finished a diploma in Accounting last year and moving to Sweden to make life is my next step and I will like you to help me to have this my dream to come to reality.

Hi.
Am Ghadah a Saudi teacher. I visited malmo  I loved it's weather friendly people and everything there. I have 2 sons and a daughter, they're all studying in U.S.A, ( the nest is empty) so I decided also to move to another place. I choose malmo.

Hi all,
i am asif from pakistan going for study in sweden kindly help me about jobs.
how can i get job during study like factory worker, waiter etc....
what is the minimum wages rate per hour in sweden

Hi

I'm new to the Expat.com, and fairly new to Stockholm.
I'm still discovering the city and it's hidden wonders.

(Moderated: please post in the jobs section)

Hi,

I am from Croatia, moved to Uppsala for a Master Programme. I lived in New York for the last 6 years.

I am also looking for a place to live in/around Uppsal. Please contact me if you're renting or know someone who is OR if you just want to hang out :)

Thanks!

Hey every one,
I am a Lebanese who is married from a Swedish citizen.almost a year ago we decided that we want to leave Lebanon and to move to Sweden.
I applied for the residence permit almost 10 months ago but till now no one has contacted me or told me anything about my application.please if anyone can help me with giving more information about my case and what should I do when the answer comes from the migrationverket as the housing and how can i find a work....it will be great and much appreciated

Hello fellow members

My name is Fraz. I am a young energetic professional and my areas of expertise are Technology and Media. Currently I live and work in Dubai, U.A.E, where I am fulfilling the duties of an IT Manager in a company and also carry on photographic assignments as a free-lancer.

I am planning to move to Sweden in near future for the betterment of my career and interests. For that I need first hand information.

Looking forward for some useful tips and ideas

Thanks
-
Fraz

Hi there, the names Allie in 23. I moved here to Sweden from America in January for love, bit of a tough time meeting new people and finding a job. But im currently in SFI classes so hopefully once I have the language down things wont be so bad, I'm living in a town called Nykoping if anyone is close to here i'd love to make some new friends.  :D

Hello I'm from Philippines live here in Sweden for 1 year now .. Married in a Swedish man ... I am so interested to meet a new friend here in Stockholm sinced I am new here ... We lived b4 in ljusdal ... I have friends there from Phil .. So hopefully I can meet here in Stockholm

Hi I'm Carla staying in gothenburg for a month now just here for tourist, ,I'm looking for friends to hang out with
Except for a guys,sorry have bf,
Let me know I come from philipines

Hey,

Name's Burak from Turkey. I will arrive in Gothenburg at the end of September to stay there until the end of the year.

Would love to make new friends while I am up there.

Cheers.

Hello all,

I am Flávio from Brazil and i really want to move to Sweden :) i work as translator and as assistant administrator and currently study Business Admnistration :)

next year i will even make a trip around Sweden, i speak a bit of swedish myself also

I'm puka, come from Vietnam. I have just moved to Malmo for master programme. Nice to meet new friends in Malmo.

Hi folks, this is Khim from Singapore. Will be in Sweden for the next 5 months, & looking forward to know new friends while I'm here. :)

Hi im maya from Indonesia
Im new here been here 1,5 month
And looking for new friends as Well :)

Hello Julien,

Thank You for your warm welcome to Expat.com.

I am planning to move to Stockholm soon :)

Hello!
My name is Alle. I live in Stockholm and Im looking for people who would like to hang out and share their experience in Sweden.
Drop me a message if you are interested!!

brave woman .....strength of a woman

howz malmo

My self som Bahadur tamang. I work in watami Japanese Casual Restaurant as a server in klcc Malaysia. But I am from Nepalese passport holding. I would like to work in Sweden as server any kind of restaurant. If I get the chance I will deserve it. Also I have Swedish friend in there. I met them to in Nepal. Before I worked at tourism sector. Also I am artist as stone carving.
Som tamang.
Nepal.

Hello,

I am Faiz from India. Just started my stint in Stockholm, Sweden few weeks back.

I hope its nice & enjoyable and I get to make new friends.

my name is Pietro, I am looking for friends in Stocholm, my e.mail is: [email protected]

Hej! Ja sam iz Splita i zivim u Uppsali vec neko vrijeme. Zovem se Vanda. Nazalost ne znam nikoga tko iznajmljuje stan,al mozes ici na Expat.com Uppsala (social meetup group). Imaju stranicu i na faceu.

Split Kitty wrote:

Hej! Ja sam iz Splita i zivim u Uppsali vec neko vrijeme. Zovem se Vanda. Nazalost ne znam nikoga tko iznajmljuje stan,al mozes ici na Expat.com Uppsala (social meetup group). Imaju stranicu i na faceu.

Hi Split Kitty and welcome to the forum

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that members can understand you post
Thanks.

Hi i am yasmeen iam very happy for joining your group i need your help to find my demands through u
Thanks regards

Hi guys ! My name is Bonnie and I'm new in Stockholm. Would love new friends (especially ladies) to hang out and explore ;)

Hi im lice from philippines i graduated BA Marketing im interested to work in Sweden as my boyfriend is a Swedish..i just dont know how to start if i have to wait for my bf invitation or going to apply now.
Please give me advise...

Hello im new on this forum. I´m living in Stockholm and I love this city! :)

(Moderated: inappropriate comment)

hej,

My name is Eizrul and I am sorry to tell you this. But the answer is no!. you have to apply in your home country and choose the nearest countries for your interview and biometrics data. it is not easy, it varies from case to case

My name is Meriam . i'm attenging the fifth year of medical studies at the university of Monastir Tunisia .The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land.” With a heart determined to immerse myself in different cultures and a mind for finding the value in the little things, Sweden seems to fit my personality just right. I want the opportunity to immerse myself in their culture, make a new life for myself in their country, learn their language, volunteer my time to help them and find the beauty in the everyday routine. Not only will I be studying in Sweden but i ll be a part of the volunteer program will be working in a children's hospital. I chose this because I earnestly want to prepare myself for a best medical career . I spent a month of clerckship in Danmerk at the departement of peadiatrics in summer 2014 .

My son is studying at Kth vehicle engineering masters o on KTH India scholarship. He has just started his stint this sept. after finishing his studies he plans to consolidate his knowledge by working in the industry there. He would like to get to know people there specially those who are Indians and those who are working in his field.

hi
     i am from pakistan now in living stockhlom a have job butt i need a house for me and my famly
     iff any one hellp me

Hy everybody....I am new here.....I speak litlle swedish...try to find a job....

Try sssb

Hey Syed!

Are you looking at renting or buying? Check Blocket (bostad) for some listings in Stockholm

Davina

Closed