Are there Pakistani in Istanbul?

Jago pakistan jago
Turks need to know what a fabulous country we belong

Yeah and how do I tell them that where I come from we don't use bindi and the red thing in the hair? :) And we don't dance with our head bobbing side to side? Lolz.

Lols.. :)  but a few knows that...

I am Hasan from Pakistan and İ cam here 23 days ago and İ wouldn´t fınd any Pakistani fellow here  If there ıs anyone let me know thanks

This is my Email:  [email protected]

Hi Abla I am Hasan and İ am from Pakistan you can contact me

0545 877 1694

Sir I was here for some official visit . Although its peaceful but as compare to konya and Ankara this city is not advisable to live

There is no reason for a foreigner to live in Konya. Ankara is safe but not much business or job opportunities for expats compated to Istanbul. Mostly there officials, diplomats and students. First 6 months in Istanbul are tough but once you get used to the pace of life here, you won't like to live anywhere else in Turkey.
My two cents..

Considering there are so many Pakistanis interacting on this forum, has anyone tried a meet up so far?
Also, is there any get togethers on certain days such as Eid or Independence Day?
It's pretty hard to find people in Turkey speaking in Urdu. It would be nice to interact with people from back home!

Get-togethers at large scale are not very ofter, once or twice a year, sometimes organized by consulate and sometimes by Pakistani students at different occassions. Most recent was a brunch on 2nd day of Eid at Misafir resturant in Taksim. There were approx 60 Pakistanis (mostly students). Due to long distance and busy schedule, most of the Pakistanis meet have their sub groups like students of same university, old expats, new expats etc.. Plz don't hesitate to drop me a p.m and tell about yourself..

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls)

Ahh.. I was hoping for something more regular, something that could happen on monthly or bi-monthly basis at least, considering there are so few of us.
I am currently working as a business development consultant for a couple of logistics firms. I am residing in Atasehir.

salam dear , my name is kashif from pakistan karachi ,
i want to start my handicrafts business in turkey ,
i deals in brass , onyx ,
and wooden handicrafts and also deals in leather jackets and leather goods  in pakistan and china ,
please guide me how i will start my business in turkey and where i will register my company in turkey is
it easy to do business in turkey or not , please tell me as u knpow pakistan situation is not good now ,
please guide me if u know ,
my e mail is : [email protected] u

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls )

hi murtaza

em saood khan from karachi planing to visit Istanbul .....i need to know where i find cheapest hotel or guesthouse ...i have plan to visit in February.....i need online booking so guide and help me

[email protected]

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls )

You can find cheap hotels easily in SultanAhmet or Sirkeçi area. They are close to touristic locations and can be as low as US$ 50, breakfast inclusive.

Enjoy your holidays!

Asalamualaikum , am new to this blog , its our first time we are going turkey ,we are going in first week feb i have several quest , 1)which cities should we plan?
2) how many days are enough for Istanbul.
3) please suggest cities which are good to see and i have kids together so it must be good or them , they are 11 n 6 of age

I hope I am in time to respond to your query.

Istanbul is a great place to visit, however, especially for us Pakistanis, the time to visit it is in Summer since the weather is very pleasant. Though, the first time I visited Istanbul was in January, last year.

A few tips.

- February is going to be very cold. It will possibly snow. So you should have ample warm clothing and suitable boots. Something that you will take on a trip to Murree.
- Depending on available time, I think you will be able to enjoy Istanbul if you are coming for two weeks. Its a huge city and has a lot to offer. Any hotel that you choose will have a guide to the city, which would point you to the best locations.
- I would advise exploring the city using public transport instead of guided tours which tend to be undesirably expensive and keep you limited.
You should buy an Istanbulcart (a public transport card) from the near Metro station. It will be cost effective.
- I can suggest some other cities, but it really depends on your travel time.

I hope these tips will be helpful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Zeeshan

Today, I was in Kadikoy I was meeting my indian friend for business purpose. While doing this, we went to restaurant and the garson ( waiter) was pakistani. He told me very interesting things like his monthly salary is 90 tl and he is living in single room.. his salary was not paid for 2 months... i really felt sorry for him

Furkan

Selaams everyone,
I'm from Chicago, IL. Are there any social groups in Istanbul for Pakistani individuals from abroad? I usually spend my summer holidays in Istanbul and would love to meet people my age (23+) or families. Are there any social groups or independence day events or cool stuff like that happening?

Thanks!

Sena

Hi Sana,

I have been in Istanbul for almost a year now, and I have not been able to get in touch with many Pakistanis. There are small communities such as students or some coworkers perhaps, but they seem tightly knit.

I am socially very active and have a strong network of expats, however I have still to meet some Pakistanis as I have been able to get in touch with very few.

One of the places to meet some fellow countrymen is the Consulate, but unfortunately, despite leaving an email address with them, they are a little laid back in contacting the people even if there is some event happening there. 

But this is just my experience, or perhaps I have not put in a lot of effort on my behalf! : )

Hopefully, you will find more people to interact with.

Enjoy your trips!
Zeeshan

sunshine0628 wrote:

Selaams everyone,
I'm from Chicago, IL. Are there any social groups in Istanbul for Pakistani individuals from abroad? I usually spend my summer holidays in Istanbul and would love to meet people my age (23+) or families. Are there any social groups or independence day events or cool stuff like that happening?

Thanks!

Sena

Your contact plz

Hello maazz,

I would suggest that you ask the personal contact info via our private message system only.

It is not advisable to post such information on a public forum.

Thank you,
Gavind.
Expat.com Team

Hello Pakistani brothers and sisters,
I am from Georgia. I  would like that my friend soon arrive in turkey for 1-3 month for rest. Who advice me how he can come here till fast? Or who can to  help me? Maybe some of you know offices, may me travel agences, which help him arrive here soon?
Thanks so much

Regards

Hello,
i am in istanbul to help anyone in need

Hi Afta,

How long have you been in Istanbul pls ?

Maybe you can post and participate straight away on the Topics and share your experiences or useful information by going throught the discusssions here ---> Istanbul forum :)

Much thanks :)

Maximilien

Yes sir my name is adil zeb bhatti I live in habibler sultan ghazi Istanbul. ....

No sir yahan aysa kuch ni he salry yaha 800 900 tl month he labour ki

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in english only + do not post your personal details on the forum please

Yes im

Hi Adil,

Since this is an Anglo forum, please post in English so that everyone can read it.
Also,  per forum  policy,  please avoid  publishing personal info.

Z

Adil bhatti wrote:

******** sir ye mera number he ksi ko koi problem ho to rabta kren

Dear Pakistanis,
I am here in Istanbul since six months almost settled. Life is pretty good and peaceful, yes in the beginning its difficult but gradually one get settled..... if anyone need any help my email is ********************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Afta
Per forum policy, please avoid publishing personal info.

Thx
Z

afta wrote:

Dear Pakistanis,
I am here in Istanbul since six months almost settled. Life is pretty good and peaceful, yes in the beginning its difficult but gradually one get settled..... ***********

Hi, I'm British Pakistani living in Istanbul working professional, would like to meet fellow Pakistanis or 2nd gen Pakistani living here too :)

Few days ago I went to Istanbul/Turkey and I found out that that Turkish people were very nice, lovely and peaceful people, most of the time when I was walking I would feel like as if I was in Saddar Rawalpindi, or sometimes in Islamabad, you do get that feeling :-) There are lots of places to see in Istanbul, like blue mosque, and Grand bazaar, which are close to each other, my advise to Pakistanis will be that do go there, but wherever you go always remember that you are a ambassador of your country, represent your country well with your good behavior, and yes I would like to thank Turkish people for their hospitality.
One thing I would like to mention is that I missed my Pakistani food there, and I could not find any Pakistani restaurant nearby :-( when we arrived back on Heathrow airport and were on our way home, we looked for a Pakistani restaurant to eat, we could not even wait to get home, Turkish food is lovely but we are so addicted to the spices :-)

There are few indian resturant and i m planning to open one Pakistani

Glad you enjoyed Istanbul. You do get the initial impression of immense warmth and hospitality.

Regarding the Pakistani/Indian restaurants, there are options such as Dubb, Taj Mahal, Svad, Musafir and Tandoori... both in Sultan Ahmet and around Taksim.

Personally I have tried Dubb, Svaad and Tandoori. The food I had there was highly Turkish-ed, hence I frankly did not get the authentic flavor and it was a waste of good money.

Personal opinion.

Z

Arshad-Mahmood wrote:

Few days ago I went to Istanbul/Turkey and I found out that that Turkish people were very nice, lovely and peaceful people, most of the time when I was walking I would feel like as if I was in Saddar Rawalpindi, or sometimes in Islamabad, you do get that feeling :-) There are lots of places to see in Istanbul, like blue mosque, and Grand bazaar, which are close to each other, my advise to Pakistanis will be that do go there, but wherever you go always remember that you are a ambassador of your country, represent your country well with your good behavior, and yes I would like to thank Turkish people for their hospitality.
One thing I would like to mention is that I missed my Pakistani food there, and I could not find any Pakistani restaurant nearby :-( when we arrived back on Heathrow airport and were on our way home, we looked for a Pakistani restaurant to eat, we could not even wait to get home, Turkish food is lovely but we are so addicted to the spices :-)

It would actually be really great if you could open a restaurant that would actually advertise 'Pakistani' food.

The number of Pakistani's I find out there who open a restaurant under another banner just because it 'sells' is staggering. The only way to sell Pakistani food name is by promoting the name itself!

Good  luck with the venture!
Z

mrsshafi wrote:

There are few indian resturant and i m planning to open one Pakistani

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Off topic. Please create a new thread for better feedback.

pls get me in your contact my whhatsapp this: xxx
br.
ashfaq

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct