Formalities for marriage

Hello I'm hayden from Philippines and it my first time to post on this blog, I just want to ask if anyone here knows what is required paper before my fiance will get his LEGAL CAPACITY TO MARRY. please any help me because we really wanted to get marry here in the Philippines. And BTW he is from Norway....Thanx

Hello hayden ,

I have created a new topic with your post on the Norway forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I believe you need NSO Birthcertificate and CENOMAR. both authenticated by the Philippine embassy.

Hello i am a Norwegian and I have been into several marriage situations with females from abroad and Norwegian men, just as the first information - However the best information and an updated one you will find in the Norwegian embassy or in the Norwegian consulate in your country.
but at least you need following papers : a birth certificate , a certificate of civilian status( normally from the peoples registery in your town /city or closest community.
then you need to ask the Consualte if they can marry you or if they accept the locale church wedding certificate.Yoju can also ask about what differencies it makes if he and you engage before you marry and for hoe long they will accept this and/or other rules. these rules depends on which country. Be aware of that if your eventuaslly marriage will be teseted -yes in fact as if it possible could consern that you would marry just to immigrant to norway and to get a better position in life - all normal too , but not so very much liked by Norwegian government too ! Besides this you must most probably choose 2 ways to go .
1) to marry in Phillpines while he goes home to Norway and wait for you till your approval is accepted . then you can
come after him. not together with him s far as i know now ,but just ask -things may have changed-Then you will have to apply in The Phillippines -Norwegian Embass orConsulate for a reunion with your husbond!!
2) or you can choose to go with him to Norway as un married -not telling a single soul that you plan to marry  later in Norway, but remember it might be so that you after marriage have to return to Phillippines again and apply for reunion as mentioned before. Otherwise you will be dined acccess at the passport control.
For this trip you need a tourist visum - I think it is max 3 months or so.Any way your possib le marriage will be tested as if it is legal or not and i know that many people has got their marriage annualized (not accepted as legal) in Norway.So pleas ask youself vafry carefully and exactly what aer the rules -Norway can be a livinghel to get into.
FinallyI will also have to say tyhat your husbnd will be tsed as if he have enough normal with money/ home food money etc. to support you everyday life when you are  living in Norway
At last : your marriage will also be on hold ,even if you can stay here -for minimum 3 years for fully acceptance
by the government. then you will have to stay her for at least 8 years of living or work 4 years and live here 4 years = 8 years (technical terms) to get a Norwegian citizen Ship = being Norwegian, with Norwegian passport.
with following rights as unemplyed money-no work (support) and the rights for pension later on.
but I might not be rigth now so please do a very close heck up if there is any changes-but it is difficult , just be so sure. And aslo be aware o if there is children involved .please ask closely
all the best good luck Jack from Halden

Original marriage certificates must have apostile stamp from country of origin. Otherwise it is not accepted here in Norway. This would save you a trip back in order to get that stamp on your original marriage cert. So you are not considered married in Norway even though you are married and even have children. Strange predicament.