Affidavit of No Criminal Liability

Dear American fellows,
Does anybody of you know how to get "No Criminal record"  for the purpose of Permanent residence for my husband?We are both American citizens, yet for me it was not required as I had previously lived and emigrated from Ukraine. I did find some information regarding Affidavit of No Criminal Liability on the American Embassy in Kiev website. I wonder if it is enough for OVIR as you might know that they can disapprove it...Everything they require sounds different in the Russian language; therefore, I need to know if somebody had already gone through this process. Our last " leaving and coming back" visa requirement was a very painful experience...I was told in OVIR that their emigration requirements and the customs requirements are different !!!
I am looking forward to hearing from somebody before making an appointment to go to Kiev from Odessa in vain...
Thanks in advance.
Qatar 2011

As an American applying for permanent residency he can get a statement from a local police department.

In case of temporary residency - a foreigner can get such a statement in Ukraine.

Thank you. Yet, I was told that my husband had to get it from US...or at least that's what she knew. You know, Kiev is far advanced than Odessa in terms of legal procedures. Did you personally get it through the local police dep., or do you know smb. who did?
Thanks again.Please let me know if smth. comes your way. Stay in touch, please.
Qatar 2011

Qatar2011 wrote:

Thank you. Yet, I was told that my husband had to get it from US...or at least that's what she knew. You know, Kiev is far advanced than Odessa in terms of legal procedures. Did you personally get it through the local police dep., or do you know smb. who did?
Thanks again.Please let me know if smth. comes your way. Stay in touch, please.
Qatar 2011

In your initial post you said your husband applies for permanent residency. In this case he should address american police in the US.
But I just also mentioned, just in case, that if he applies for temporary residency, then he can get such a record in Ukraine addressing Ukrainian police.
Hope this clarifies.

Go the court house in the State and county where you live.  They can give you a court history and they will certify it.  it will show if you have a criminal history anywhere in the states.  Once you get it, you need to get it notarized and apostle at your State Secretary of State.

Well,we live in Odessa now! As from my previous experience, I've had all these procedures when I needed to work in Afghanistan and Qatar,yet now we are living in Ukraine!  We are going to AE in Kiev.
Thanks. (Actually, either you go to the police or send a request to FBI, which was my previous experience. The court doesn't provide  this service!)
Qatar2011

It actually is not a service, you can ask for a copy of your court records and they will produce it for a cost.  That is what I did and the embassy in Moldova and the Ukrainian government accepted it.  It shows no criminal activity.  It only took 5 minutes.  But you still need to go to your State Secretary of State Office.  I did it in Los Angeles, besides the drive, it took 10 minutes.