Manchester to Mauritius

Hello!
I'm engaged to a Mauritian and I'm currently living between the UK and MRU during my final year of university. After getting married due to my fiancés job we will be living here. I'm 24 and my fiancé is 27. I don't suppose there are any other English Northerners in MRU? Also if there are any good tennis courts/bikram yoga or other fun sports activities to do near Quatre Bornes let me know! Also looking to buy or rent somewhere local to here from next July.
Cheers :)
Sarah

Hello Sarah,

Quatres Bornes is one of the best towns in Mauritius...you will like it and there are many developments coming around.
Also, it is ideally situated, close to other towns and within 30 mins drive, you can be at the beach or the capital.
You will have no trouble finding a yoga studio and there are good tennis courts within 15 mins drive at Petit Camp in Phoenix.

As for English northerners, I'm sure here are some...you just have to know whereto find them.:)

Hi Sarah,

I'm from Manchester too! My husband is Mauritius and we're moving to Mauritius for 6 months at the end of October.

Don't worry, you're not alone! x

Hi Sarah,

I am actually moving to Mauritius from England on 26th September 2014. I am actually from London so am not a norherner although I did go to uni in Leeds. I'm 27 and half mauritian though so any help feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer although previously I have only Holiday-ed in MRU rather than lived. If any fellow expats, want to meet up for a drink one day aswell it would be great. Would be nice to hear the good ol English banter when I am over there :) lol

Max

Hi Sarah, I don't live up North but I do spend a lot of time in Huddersfeild. I am also hoping to move to Mauritius in the near future. There are a lot of good places in regards to yoga or any sport venues but finding info on them on the net is not very easy. You will find just chatting to people once your out there will lead you to the best places.

Jason

Hey everyone thanks so much for your replies! :) expat meet up sounds like fun sometime.. Flying dodo perhaps? Hearing english accents around mru is quite a novelty!

Haha, a novelty! I can imagine. Ok great, I'll add you as a contact on here and I also get my mru mobile when I arrive on Saturday. I will actually be living In the Grande Baie area but happy to meet up anywhere. Gives me a chance to remind myself of the island. hopefully we can organise a drink somewhere. i know some people living in tamarin who sound like are in a very similar situation as you and your husband. I will invite them as well for a good ol expat drink :) Flying dodo sounds good!!

Max

Too late? Has the Flying Dodo meetup already happened? Mancunian living with my Mauritian wife and baby girl would love to come!

Hello Sarah,
I am hoping to move to Mauritius next year, I live near Chester, However I am quite a bit older than you, 61 (on paper that is) I am young in mind and like to do lots off adventure activities.  I also like Yoga.  I can be a  friend if you would like., I am familiar with the North West.
I will be in Mauritius in January celebrating my daughters 30th birthday and at that time will be looking for a place to rent/buy.  Maybe you could advise me where is the best place to live as an expat.  I want to meet loads of people - locals and expats.  I will also be looking for a job- I currently work in the travel industry.
Looking forward to new challenges.
HOpe to hear from you
Barbara
p.s.  I know Mauritius very well as I am African born and bred and lived in Zambia before moving to England.  We used to holiday on the island regularly. It is a lovely place and have lovely people- hence my move.

Hi....
(advertising is not allowed)

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

[ Moderated : Please avoid personal contact infos on the forum ]

Hi,

(please post in the housing section, thanks)

Hi sarah
I dont know what is available but thought iwould intoduce myself
I have been married to a mauritian for 48 year and are due to retire to mauritius in jan 2015
We vist now 3 times a year and livein goodlands
My daughter has a property in gran gaube if that is of
any help
Regard sian
By the way we live in north wales near chester

Hi Sarah

I'm considering a move to Mauritius early next year. I'm 27 and my girlfriend is 24. We live in Brighton at the moment. Would be great to meet another young couple going through the same experience.

All the best,

Tom :-)