New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here

Yes...we are sorry...we already started PM. :D

Hello,

I am Prasanna new for Netherlands. Working in amersfoort. Indian festival Deepali is coming soon. Anybody knows some community to celebrate Deepali... :)

Stamatina87 wrote:

Yes...we are sorry...we already started PM. :D

:top:

pressyoko wrote:

Hello,

I am Prasanna new for Netherlands. Working in amersfoort. Indian festival Deepali is coming soon. Anybody knows some community to celebrate Deepali... :)

Welcome on board.

If you have more details about this coming event, you'll sure get responds.
I know that are some other Indians who are looking for their fellow countrymen.

Hello everybody!

I'm a Los Angeles native hoping to relocate to Holland within two years.

I was on a Eurotrip with a group of friends in 2007 and met my Dutch wife at an Amsterdam bar. We traveled back and forth for over three years then she moved here in 2010 and we got married. We now have two young boys and want to settle there before our older son turns five.

Mijn vrouw en jongen all have Dutch citizenship so they can move whenever, but I would like to secure a nice job before we go.

That's my story  :)

Welcome on board.

If  you have any questions or looking for information, you can browse through the different topics on this forum.
If there is something you cant find, you can ask at the appropriate sub category.

Hi!

My name is Sally and I come from Texas. I'm moving to Holland,specifically Haarlem, on October 9th. I love meeting new people, adventuring, music, coffee, creativity, basically anything fun, new, exciting, and beautiful. I hope to make some new friends in my new town. Message me if you'd like to meet up with a pretty cool chick from Austin Texas :)
We can share stories and cultures and maybe you can give me some tips on European life, and show me around Holland!

I speak fluent English, currently learning dutch, and speak very little Spanish.

Welcome on board and welcome in the Netherlands when you landed here.

How do you see the life in the Netherlands?

eleutheromaniac wrote:

Hi!

My name is Sally and I come from Texas. I'm moving to Holland,specifically Haarlem, on October 9th. I love meeting new people, adventuring, music, coffee, creativity, basically anything fun, new, exciting, and beautiful. I hope to make some new friends in my new town. Message me if you'd like to meet up with a pretty cool chick from Austin Texas :)
We can share stories and cultures and maybe you can give me some tips on European life, and show me around Holland!

I speak fluent English, currently learning dutch, and speak very little Spanish.

I'm jealous. I love Haarlem and hope to move there with my family in a few years.

i am a cameroonian by nationality, i was born on the 24TH MAY 1976, i love moving to Natherlands because i have also work with a banana company in Cameroon. in the field, factory house, and as a wages clerk, i have worked for nineteen years in the banana fruit sector which i had so many expirience . I promise to do good job in your company
i will be happy if u will accept me to come and work in Natherlands.
while waiting for an invitation as a worker to start my travelling process, i remain yours

Thanks from IRENE

Hello!
How is everyone here? :)
My name is Lyra. I'm a part-time model and a full time bachelor student of Public Relations from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
I enjoy horseback riding, reading and definitely, travelling.
I am currently not living in the Netherlands, unfortunately. However, ever since I was young, I've always been interested about The Netherlands thanks to the influence of my mother's Dutch business partners and this interest grows as I grow older.
I wish that I will be able to work and to live in Netherlands once I've completed my studies.
I am using this site is because to make acquaintances and friends with Malaysians and non-Malaysians who are already living in The Netherlands to get more information on how I could move there and get a job there.
xx

HI all, i m a pakistani citizen and currently working in Bahrain and want to move in netherland for a job or small business, also looking for new friends. anyone who can guide me about that matter will welcomed .
thanks

Hello  :)  I'm Melisa from Mauritius. I am actually working as French and Art Teacher in Mauritius.
I would like to move and work in the Netherlands but I don't know where to start and what procedures to follow. Can anyone help me please? I already have my aunt to help me with the accommodation there.
Thanks  :cheers:

Hi everyone!

My name is Laurentiu, I'm 25 and I've moved recently in Rotterdam for work where I will be staying for at least one year. I'm more of an introvert than a social butterfly so it's rather difficult to join a conversation spontaneously on the streets or to talk to people as if I already knew them :). So I hope I will find some interesting people to share interests and make new friends. So far I enjoy living in this intercultural city and I am looking to explore and to discover more memorable places in Holland. Any advice would be most welcome!

I enjoy playing sports, travelling, photography and all kind of social activities and I would love to meet people to go out and have a cup of tea :).

I guess that's it for now. All the best!

Welcome on board.

For the ones who search answers on how to get a job and which procedures to follow, I have the following advice: read the sticky topic "New to Holland" on the homepage from this forum. This will certainly help you further.

My names is Camila Martner and I am from Mexico, although I have spanish nationality. I am studuing in the boring city of Breda hehe, media and entertainment management, what I love, if it wasn't for live in such as small city haha. I really want to meet more expas to hang out or talk. I am 24 and I am studying with younger people so I would like to meet people of my age or a little older hehe

Best wishes to everyone

Hi everyone
how are you all doing?
My name is Abdul and I moved to Holland last month. Living in den Haag. I was born in Pakistan and moved to Cyprus at an early age and I graduated from University of Bournemouth UK finishing B.A (HONS) in hospitality management. I had great experiences living/working in Cyprus and then I lived in Dubai for sometime and gained some experience working in different hotels and restaurants.
Currently I've a fast food restaurant (Mexican to be precise) in London and I'm hoping to move here permanently. Life seems good here but I've ran into an immediate problem as I can't find a place to rent. There seem to be a million and one reasons stopping me to get a flat. The property agencies supposed to make things easier but seems like the other way around.
I'd like to meet people and make friends and get to know the culture and places.
thanks for reading and hope you having a good day.

cheers

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Den Haag is one of the cities where its very difficult to find a house/apartment. I'm sorry to hear this but maybe the housing section in the green banner above the page can help you.
If you don't find any suitable you can add a free post as well.

All the best and enjoy the life in Den Haag.

thanks a lot primadonna  :)
will do

Hello all. I am new on board :) . Will be moving to Netherlands in few months.
I am a Nigerian and will be moving to Netherlands in few months. I will like to ask if anyone has any idea of what i can bring in from Nigeria/Africa to sell in the Netherlands to help generate income for me.

Thank

Welcome on board  :cheers:

What kind of things you're thinking of to sell it in the Netherlands?

Hi All,

Hope life is good to you.

I am Dutch and living in the Netherlands and planning to move to Malta. I had my own companies on helping International Executives to settle in the Netherlands.

Really super you all have a dream! Go and chase them!
You might have a lot of questions, where to start, about housing, schools and legislation. My best advice to everyone is, be prepared for all the regulations we have in the Netherlands. It's pretty daunting and complicated.

As I am leaving the Netherlands for couple of months maybe a year and I'm no longer in business my website is offline. But to help you and to give you some insight about the regulation and legislation from the Government, here are some links to visit.  Please read them very carefully. Make a list of things you have to arrange. Any questions pls leave drop a line here.

For business as well as individuals: ind.nl/en
For business only (chamber of commerce): kvk.nl/english/
For everyone: government.nl/issues/immigration
For everyone, Legislation of your documents: government.nl/issues/legalising-documents

I wish you well.

Hi All,
I'm 42 years old British male of Pakistani origin, arrived in NL yesterday :-)
I'm an engineering expat currently working for a major multinational telecom company based in Zoetermeer, Netherlands.
It's really good to see such a nice online community of expats here.
I was wondering if someone could help me with some practical stuff as well. I'm looking for a single room/paying guest accomodation on long term basis around Diemen area as soon as possible. Please note that I should be able to register on the prospective address for Social Secuirty Number (BSN Number) purposes as well.
I would highly appreciate if somone could come up with any options.
Thanks and have a great day!
Cheers
Iftikhar

Hi..im living in Enschede for the past one month.Came here as a researcher in chemistry..would love to meet people to go around...:)

Hi
I am from Ethiopia. I am management professional with MBA degree from Addis Ababa university. I have incredible experience as lecturer and deputy general manager in different universities and private company. currently, I am invited to Hague for short term training that will be held in oct from 20-26 , 2014. I am delighted to live Netherlands. For this end, I am looking job and accommodation. Anyone who has interest to help me will contact me at [email protected].
sincerely,
zelalem sineshaw

Hello fellow travelers and Dutch locals!

I'm from South Africa and would like to move to Holland. I'm an experienced and qualified teacher but looking to pursue a writing career / company job in Holland. Any advice on where to look for writing jobs or companies that hire foreigners in Holland will be greatly appreciated. Since I also speak Afrikaans, I can understand Dutch quite well ;)

Much appreciated
Peter

Hey I was just wondering how you were able to stay in the Netherlands. Are you on a work visa? I'm trying to stay.

Not in Holland yet, but would like to move there :)

Good luck to all of us trying to make it to NL :-)

Hello!!!  :cool:
I'm Niki and I live in Amsterdam !

Dear friends
I am planning to go there. It will happen with the help of kind people and God.
zelalem

Hi nylia of venlo is some one filipina near here too?

my names is Darren

and im looking for a job in Amsterdam,

I have level 2 & 3 2360 in electrical installation
any offers let me know

thanks

Hi,

Just recently moved to Rotterdam for a 2 year exchange program through work. I grew up in Canada my whole life and so the move from having all the space you could want to being a little cozy is a bit of a change, but am really looking forward to my time here hoping to meet new people and expand my global connections.

Reece

Hi all.. Im Nera and i just arrived in NL 2 weeks ago to stay with my husband. Finally, i got my mvv visa after a long stressful story with inburgeringexamen and had to live far away from my husband. Im from Jakarta, Indonesia and now live in Dordrecht.

Last week i went to IND in Rotterdam to make an ID card and permanent residence permit, and will get it within 2 weeks. I am looking for a part time job (house cleaner, babysitter, or any part time job), or maybe a voluntary job as a start. Its kinda boring sitting in front of the TV whole day waiting for my husband to come home :p

I love sports,, yoga, fitness, pilates, muaythai, jogging, etc. I went to yoga class in Dordrecht centrum last week,, it was my first exciting experience doing sport in another country :)  and im looking forward to come back again.

Looking for new friends to chat or share stories,, need to find Indonesian friends to share information based on their experience living in NL. But any other countries would be cool too :) so I could practice my English a bit more.. or friends to hang out with who live in Rotterdam or any nearby areas.

So glad to find this blog :)

Regards,
Nera

Hi Everyone,

Good day to you all! I am Jayanth Kumar from Hyderabad. I am planning to reach Netherlands by end of Nov 2014/ First week of December 2014 along with my wife and kid. I am supposed to work in Vlaardingen and looking for houses near by either in Rotterdam or Den haag. I would like to request a helping hand from members of this forum in this aspect.

Looking forward to hear from you.
My Email ID:[email protected]

Hoooi everyone!

Ill move 2 Netherlands next December, Ill stay in Utrecht, wish to meet good friends here who lives there and who can show me the city :)

All the best!
Mody

HI , i am Filipina too.. I am from The Hague :)

Hallo everyone,
My name is Nicole. I come from Polen. I live with my family in Dordrecht. 
ashamed to admit I live now four years in the Netherlands, although it does not speak well in Dutch. Recently, I try to live a more active and spend more time outside the home.
I'm a shy person so it's hard to me establish new friendships, but It would be nice to meet someone who want to share joys and sorrows in a foreign land  :)

Hi! Nice to meet you nicole ;)

Closed