Regarding s pass

Im in singapore , i got a job and even my passed is approved but i havent got my s pass (IC) ,within these two days i got another good offer from another employer(company) but they say they cannot input my application as my s pass is not yet issued from old employer,as my new employer need to fill that post asap,so can you give me suggestion even i don,t get s pass in hand but if i give thump print in mom then my new employer can apply for me.
Or when my new employer can apply for me like after how many days .

racquelking wrote:

Im in singapore , i got a job and even my passed is approved but i havent got my s pass (IC) ,within these two days i got another good offer from another employer(company) but they say they cannot input my application as my s pass is not yet issued from old employer,as my new employer need to fill that post asap,so can you give me suggestion even i don,t get s pass in hand but if i give thump print in mom then my new employer can apply for me.
Or when my new employer can apply for me like after how many days .

Correct me when I misunderstand but are you saying you just got a job and the employer is in the middle to process your papers, then 2 days later another job from different employer was offered which you now want to take ?

If that is the case, then you would not deserve one of the jobs at all !!

Its like my s pass status shows issued but i havent collected my spass ,so how now my new emlpoyer can apply for me the new s pass because he is paying me higher salary before he cannot input my application because my spass status was showing approved.

racquelking wrote:

Its like my s pass status shows issued but i havent collected my spass ,so how now my new emlpoyer can apply for me the new s pass because he is paying me higher salary before he cannot input my application because my spass status was showing approved.

Looks to me like you will have to work for your original employer and not the other. 
Your S pass has been approved for the original employer and cannot be then transferred to another employer. 

You may not have yet collected the S pass but it has been approved for the first employer so you will be working for him.

Thanks for your suggestion,
What if i received my spass after that another employer is keen to get me in his company them he can apply for me new s pass ,everything is good about the company reputation and he have quota as well and he is paying me more then my current company. The only thing im worried is how much is the changes that my new spass application will be approved as im applying quickly.
And one more thing whether my current employer will know that i applied for new spass.
Thank you for the above suggestions

Your first employer needs to cancel the already issued S-Pass before you can get a new one.
Thus properly terminate your employment with the first employer first (as per termination terms and notice periods required by your employment contract).
Note: There is no guarantee that an S-Pass for the second job will be given - so you may end up with no job and need to leave Singapore. (Remember: MoM does not like job-hoppers!)

That was my first reply/question about. I myself run my own business and experience similar cases. After all is agreed and papers in the process, I expect that commitment is commitment, if the candidate then jump the ship because another party is offering a few bugs more, something wrong.

Employers invest time and money and if people start playing games because someone else is paying some more, well on one hand one should be happy because he/she is not the right person on the other hand it is very disappointing for the potential employer.

No matter if it is related to Singapore only or somewhere else.

That's my 2 cents...

Happy hour: I agree with you that such behavior is morally dubious. But it is also so common that Singlish even has a word for it: Kiasu!
I personally am happy that MoM dislikes job-hopers and often rejects them a continued stay in Singapore just because they switch jobs too soon or too frequently.

Beppi, this person is not even Singaporean thus coming in from overseas (Malaysia), do you have an idea what hazel, time and money was spent ??

Than just arriving and days later want to take another job because salary looks better ?

Sorry I would not accept it hence supporting here in the forum with advice, giving ideas will be wrong. If it's you....would you do that ??

Happyhour: I am not exactly sure what you mean, but it seems you are criticizing me, rather than the OP.
I just gave factual (and legally correct) advice, and as I said I agree that such behaviour is morally wrong (and is also not accepted by the Singapore authorities). What else do you want? (I guess we won't change him/her through forum posts, so that is not an option.)

beppi, I am certainly criticizing the OP.

Of course everyone else is free to give any advise....

Guys it's just a forum don't get so serious it's like I'm just asking about that it's not a crime. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

Most forum's member have gotten helpful advices from beppi, such a gentleman :) Do appreciate his nice gestures :)