Is this salary reasonable

Hi all. Thanks for your responses to all the questions people are posting. I am a Canadian. I have PhD in engineering with 7 years experience. Recently I got an offer from Riyadh with 27000 sar p/m basic+ housing+ transportation+ children education+ relocation+ annual travel+ medical. The grade that I was hired for is 14. My salary in Canada is higher than that. Is this a reasonable offer for that grade. Please advice. Thanks.

buddy its the best offer you got here things are cheap not that much expensive u can call me on my number for further details 00966596176418

Clearly there is more to the move than money, otherwise you wouldn't even consider the offer. My field isn't engineering but I will tell you that once you consider all the benefits offered in your package you most likely are NOT making more in Canada after all expenses are taken into consideration. As Sayed mentioned, its A LOT cheaper than Canada - allowing you to save more

yeah rareshine i m working here in saudi arabia my basic salary is 3500+housing i get is 1200+800 for my car allowance medical i get A type facility storekeeper incentive i get is 800 now if u calculate it become 6300 total i get what my expense are 400 room rent with all bills and 300 my monthly petrol (as in usa people say gas) consumption my food expense are around 400 mostly i eat in restaurants the remaining is my saving  as compare to my pm salary its much more then his salary

It's good but I know people that gets even more with credentials like yours.

Thank you very much for all for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Hi Maylen,
Thanks for the feedback. Is it possible get a range of salary for that grade.

I found the following link in another section of this forum. The salary range is very wide. im23.gulfup.com/2012-04-01/1333311603341.png

Its not possible because the salary depends on who the employer is, how bad they need you and most importantly the number of people that applied for the job you are after. There is no set target for it. Bottom line, the salary you were offered is good, taking into consideration, its a take home where you save most of it. best of all, you dont pay taxes on it in Canada, as far as I know.

yeah you are right maylen that it depends on who is hiring u but let me tell u i m working here in saudi arabia in a big firm may be you heard name of alfanar constructions and the number of employees are 31000+ and recruting much more we have diff branches like construction, civil work, industries etc i am in construction branch and our work is in govt. sector with sec (saudi electric company). our most experienced project managers are getting salary 45000+housing+transportation+anual travel+mobile allowances+site allowances+medicals+childrens education expenses and much more but remember there experience in this field is about 15 to 20 years according to anpu experience the salary he is offered is much enough i think

Who anpu, is your job in government sector or private? Salary ranges differ between private and government sectors and even between organizations. Try to compare your current savings with potential savings in Saudi Arabia and decide.

I'm not sure if you're going to work in engineering or management but for experienced professionals salaries can be much higher than what you have been offered. But again it depends on what kind of engineering is it...

Thank you very much for your response. The offer was from Sabic. Thanks.

Sabic generally pays well

anpu wrote:

Hi all. Thanks for your responses to all the questions people are posting. I am a Canadian. I have PhD in engineering with 7 years experience. Recently I got an offer from Riyadh with 27000 sar p/m basic+ housing+ transportation+ children education+ relocation+ annual travel+ medical. The grade that I was hired for is 14. My salary in Canada is higher than that. Is this a reasonable offer for that grade. Please advice. Thanks.

but it is quite good offer

His experience and education should get him better offer I think.

Everything is relative

Just my 2 cents,

When you say Canadian that doesn't really mean anything here as such as there are lost of dual nationals or "western passport holders". Most people you meet will have a MSc or Ph.D so it comes down to how good you are at negotiating, or how much they need you.

Good accommodation will cost at least 170,  Schools 30-50 per child, and maybe 4/5 to lease something that can survive a crash.

I'd also have look at your residency status in Canada for tax purposes, you might not be as tax free as you think.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts/cm … y-eng.html

Try to negotiate with them through a counter offer.
With your experience and qualification you should have 3k to 5k USD more at least.

My husband and I are at presently staying here in Jeddah. He will be transferred to Jizan by the end of December or first week of January. I have no idea about how people live there. Are they friendly, accommodating & kind. I am quite bothered.
We will also be looking for a flat /apartment to rent there. At the moment, we are 2 families here. We are staying in a newly renovated flat , spacious,with 2 bedrooms,2 toilet & bath with decent surroundings. I  would like to have the same flat as this in Jazan. Are there apartments or flats in Jizan like this? If you are familiar with the place, how much is the rent per month.please help.....tnx

lo, why didn't you start a new thread?

No Taxes at all,
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Hurry up start packing right now. You save a lottttttttttt more than that you save in canada.

That's a Wonderful package.
You will save a lot, take it

Thank you all for your input. It is greatly appreciated. I tried to negotiate with the company. But they said it is the final offer. I have decided to accept the offer. Thanks again for your valuable input. I hope to meet you all in Riyadh. Regards. Anpu

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : You are off-topic here. Please drop an advert in the Everything for your home in Riyadh section of the website.