Changed 2 Year Ban in Oman for Expats

I have been informed from one of my friend that, the ban is going to be withdrawn by next month.

Please share if anybody has any kind of clarity on this..

Regards ,
Anoop.

I don't want to confirm it immediately, however I too have strong information from a few ministry officials that this BAN will lift up from the month of December'14.

All I can say is to wait and watch.

Dearest Mr. Sumitran,
Your valued comments may be required here for any added information.

Hi Guys,

I know how anxiously all expatriates in the Sultanate are looking forward to the revoking of this recently promulgated rule. But if you have been following the local dailies closely as I do, you will notice that the officials do not seem to be the least bit interested in retaining the expatriate workforce. This is despite the fact that the economy has already taken a beating because of the new rule. But the powers that be don't seem to mind it.

Well, I do not have any inside information on the withdrawal of the 2-year ban rule quite as yet. Bit if it happens the entire expatriate population in Oman will surely give a collective sigh of relief !

Let's all hope for the best.

Thank you guys.. Lets have a good hope..!!

Dear All,

In today's (Tuesday, October 21, 2014) Times of Oman in the front page there is this big story :

"Two-year visa ban to stay in Oman for expats".

Read the full story here : http://www.timesofoman.com/News/41556/A … for-expats

This is indeed bad news for all white-collared expatriate employees like ourselves.

Well, as they say, what can't be helped has to be endured.

Good luck to all of us !