New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Antara0702/Mike,

Welcome to the forum.
To get more relevant replies for your question, you may want to post it on the Norway forum instead of here.
As far as I know, Norway is among the safest and easiest countries to travel in (although certainly not the cheapest!), so you need not worry.

By the way: Norway is decidedly NOT in Eastern Europe!

Hi Beppi
Thank you very much, yes, I only noted that after I posted it, than I have reposted it on the Norway forum page.
Most replies, forum, tourism page did mentioned Norway is safe, but not so in Oslo.
We were planning Budapest at first with discount tickets offered by airlines and credit card,
than there was a changed in their agreement issues, they re-offered us to Oslo, Norway.
Was excited in the beginning but not so now, after reading so much of criminal reports about Oslo.
Well, I still have about two weeks to go before leaving, I may cancelled the trip as I am now trying
to change it to Italy if I can.
Thank you Beppi
Mike

I believe there is nothing to worry about.
"High crime" in Norway is probably still safer than Singapore or most other places generally considered "safe" - definitely much better than Budapest or any other Eastern European city (which in turn are still much safer than New York or Los Angeles)!

Hello there,
Im from Penang and plan to work in Singapore by early next year.
Hope I can get some tips and advise thru this blog.

Thanks

Hello, I am Thom from Vietnam.
I've just arrived in SG in Oct 20th. Nice to know everyone.
Is there anyone available for Satursday coffee?

Hi Smiley my name's Alex from Barcelona Spain. Regarding your coffee I'm in, nice to share experiences and make new friends.

Hi filipino mate I'm Alex from Barcelona Spain, if you still over there I would like to join you for biking and sports thing. My contact below.

phone: 85254475
mail: alexrocadg[at]yahoo.es

Hi Thom,
welcome to singapore

Hi All,

I'm Zayd from Malaysia. just moved here a month ago. looking forward to hangin' out with u guys! cheers!!!

hello there, i am new here and looking to connect with some fellow nationals, and more. Other nationals also here and looking to meet friends and be in nice companies to look around should contact me. [email protected], or Facebook-  Amey Roger Jarvis. I do not seem to know anyone really, so it is making my movement around here quite boring, get in touch as soon as possible.

Amey, Roger

hi... i m Jason, i m working here since i was 17years old. now i m 39..,is a long history.. i come from Kuantan, pahang, malaysia. a small town in the east coast.. i work as a RTO in a MRTconstruction Site in Tuas. i just want to make more friends... thks..

Wow! Its good to know a lot of like minded people i.e. business minded like you. Thanks for sharing your story!

Hello..I'm Gaurav, was in Singapore for 1 year doing my higher education..I'll be going to Singapore on the 13th of this month and will be alone :( I don't want to spend my time  Alone, so if anybody who'd like to spend some time over a few drinks can message me :))

Hi
i am Rinzin from Bhutan. i am planing to sell cordyceps in July 2015 to the keen buyer of singapore. Please indicate your interest and help me finding those buyers
Thanking you

Hi there, I planning to move to Singapore next year.i want to make many friends specially the people have in business thing king

Hamayoon aluko wrote:

Salam, im currently living in pakistan and want to move to Singapore for this i need some information about job and living in Singapore could anybody please help me?

Yes, that's exactly what this forum is for - and many if not most of your questions have already been asked and answered by others. Therefore, to avoid repeating them, please read the many similar post on this forum and its various sub-forums. If you then still have a specific question that hasn't been asked before, please post it here and somebody will reply soon.

Hi there,
I am new to this site but am here to meet more friends from any part of the world who has the interest in outdoor activities (thanks to sunny Singapore weather compare to some of your home countries 😄).  I have lived and worked in the west and now pretty much settled in Singapore. Please text me if you wish to catch up for coffee or wine😄.

Cheers!

Hello there!!! I'm from the east side of singapore.nice have a forum like this.

This site has a classifieds section, where you're welcome to post an ad for your apartment.
Don't forget to mention details like location, amenities, restrictions and of course the monthly rent!

Hi, I'm all new to this so please excuse me in advance for any wrong action attributated to bad judgment.
I just wanted to know how hard it would be to find a job with no big qualification (degree's/diploma's) in Singapore for a British male??
Thanks!! :)

Wajid0161 wrote:

Hi, I'm all new to this so please excuse me in advance for any wrong action attributated to bad judgment.
I just wanted to know how hard it would be to find a job with no big qualification (degree's/diploma's) in Singapore for a British male??

With no degree or diploma, you could only get a WP (= manual labour) job. Those are usually given to third world immigrants and paid accordingly - you'd struggle to earn above S$1200/month and you have to (by law) live in employer-provided workers dormitories (often 6-12 people per room in bunk beds) - you couldn't afford anything else anyway on such a salary, since even renting a simple room cost at least S$800/month!

Hi, my name is Wayne and I like to know more friends.

Hi waynelee

hey hi everyone im chase, keep in contact and share any information or stories.
cheers

Hi everyone!!!

i'm Claudio from Italy, currently living in Singapore. I am 31 yo and i am working as Resident Dj and Music Producer.

I hope to know some of you guys and feel free to contact me for every need you may have lah ^^

CL

Hello All,

Good morning!! I am Novi, Chinese Indonesia. Currently working in Singapore,
and I am looking for friends in here.

I'd like travelling, try new things, and like anything about photography (still newbie).
If someone wanna teach me bout how to use camera, very welcome to contact me..
Let's explore togetherrr ^^

:) Hello~ I'm Chinese Malaysian originally from Penang, graduated from Wisconsin, USA. I've travelled all around the Western World but I have yet to travel the East. I'm back in Asia to work in Singapore and will try my best to make time to travel. I'm currently trying to pick up Korean as I'm working with Korean companies. I'm a Biologist and I'm working as a laboratorist. Hope to make some friends here so I don't get bored! Nice to meet all of you and have a pleasant day!

Wajid0161 wrote:

I'm on WP and I do hold a degree, I'm paid much more than 1.2k/m and I do not live in 6-12 dormitories although that actually might be fun depending on who I live with. I think there are exceptions both ways. I don't see why he cannot get a job. I would think rather than a degree or diploma your working experience would be more important. If you've had prior working experience just apply for jobs online. I would advice against moving over to Singapore and then finding a job. If would be better if you do the latter first. That way, even if you end up disliking your job or something, you give yourself some time to get a new one. Instead of coming over just to work. Try applying for a Work Holiday Pass so your trip to Singapore can be more of an exploration rather than a sudden jump from one country to another. I believe they give you up to 6 months for the pass so after that you may wish to extend with a true working Visa with your employer or find another place to work that will offer one to you. One of my colleagues has a British boyfriend and he came over to Singapore on the same pass and is now a chemist working for one of the laboratories. Do not be disheartened by the other reply. Where there's a will, there's a way. Good luck! :)

Thanks L-ynn,
I almost give up to be honest... Going to carry on looking now there must me something there
  :)

Hello, I am new here. My name is Jim and I am from Malaysia, hoping to meet new friends here

Hi im Fe mutia sergio. I joined here to look out for a job opportunity in Singapore. Currently holding work permit but im studying business management here at AIDHA. I have long experience in electronic operator for a13 yrs in manufacturing industry before i come Singapore. I resigned my job and work here as a maid but im not satisfy if  i have a chance to work i can im hard working honest. Thank you..
[Moderated: Avoid personal details on the forum]

best regards
Fe sergio

Hello everyone,
I am Lucy, I am working for a German company, the main office is in Singapore.
I traveled to Singapore many times before and I am planning to be back Singapore on Christmas. Hope to catch up with some of you guys for a drink.

Hi sure i can make friend. [Moderated: Avoid personal details on the forum]

Hi I am Indonesian Chinese .live in Auckland for 12 years. I planning to move n stay in Singapore. I love friendship.[Moderated: Avoid personal details on the forum]

welcome friend

Hi, my name is kingsley, a nigeria am 26year male I want to move singapore but I don't know how to go about it, so I need help to come to singapore, I study Electrcal Engineering. My email is [email protected] or call me on +2347062976853, thank you hope to hear from you soon.

Hi king0751,

Please do not post phone number, email address or other personal contact details on this forum (or elsewhere on the Internet), because it's open for abuse!
You should first check whether your degree is recognised by Singapore's Ministry of Manpower (MoM). If not, you'll have a very hard time getting any job there, if at all.
With a recognised degree, you should apply for open positions in companies in your field. Please note that about three years applicable work experience is usually necessary to get a work visa.
You may want to arrange a trip to Singapore (for as long as you can afford, but at least a month or two) to look for a job, since Singapore employers rarely consider applicants who are not in the country already.

Hi Kingsley,
  I don't want to be a "kill joy" but living/working in Singapore as a Nigerian is very tough. You'll need to be very valuable and have God's favour not only to get a job but to get an employment visa in Singapore. Don't give up though, but you may need to travel to Singapore on a visit visa first to get a job.

Hi Everybody,

I recently entered Singapore. I like to visit places, hang out with my friends and reads a  lot.

Closed