Contraceptive

An odd question I think but soo important.......
Can you get  the depo provera injection in Saudi?
If not can you bring it with you from the uk? (it's a contraceptive)

Ally1602 wrote:

An odd question I think but soo important.......
Can you get  the depo provera injection in Saudi?
If not can you bring it with you from the uk? (it's a contraceptive)

married or single visa?

Single.... work visa for the hospital.

Ally1602 wrote:

Single.... work visa for the hospital.

Well, I don't really know if they do it here but coming on a single visa could really make it problematic even if they do.

Why not have an implant fitted then you dont nee to worry for 3 years? They certainly have over the counter pills here which you can get from any pharmacy

what's the meaning of single visa?

Single status for singles or family status for those married/with families out here

And btw, it doesn't matter if, in reality, you are single or married. 

Sometimes jobs only offer 'single' visas so if you are hired on a single visa but are married, it means your company probably won't support your efforts to bring your wife over.

I was also wondering the same thing.  I guess I could bring a supply of my pill with me, but what if they search my bags?? Are they really that strict??

Again ... THEY HAVE PILLS HERE ... you can bring them in I brought a years worth with me when I first came here - I wasn't lucky enough to have anyone to ask and hadn't found expat sites then. But, they have pills here

LoopyLou87 wrote:

Again ... THEY HAVE PILLS HERE ... you can bring them in I brought a years worth with me when I first came here - I wasn't lucky enough to have anyone to ask and hadn't found expat sites then. But, they have pills here

A question, though:  if she's not married, will a doctor here write the script for her?  Or can you just buy them across the counter?

They are over the counter at pretty much every pharmacy. They don't care who buys them

Can't have the implant. Long story.
Think I'm going to take some with me.
Just need to get my gp to sort it out for me.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh, Ic...soo, if ur married you need to make sure they specify "married" visa in the contract? Do they usually pay for spouses ticket?!?

Alliecat wrote:

And btw, it doesn't matter if, in reality, you are single or married. 

Sometimes jobs only offer 'single' visas so if you are hired on a single visa but are married, it means your company probably won't support your efforts to bring your wife over.

expatsoon2b wrote:

Oh, Ic...soo, if ur married you need to make sure they specify "married" visa in the contract? Do they usually pay for spouses ticket?!?

Only if it's in their budget and the position is high enough.  I know that female teachers at PNU were promised that they could bring their families over, and they were here for months and months before the recruiter renigged.  Maybe it's changed but that's the last I heard. 

Employers usually want to keep expenses to a minimum so only offer single contracts, but married contracts aren't unheard of for teaching jobs :)  Just be sure you have this all worked out UP-FRONT.

Good luck.

expatsoon2b wrote:

This is off-topic but...  It depends on the employer, the type of visa you get, and the provisions of the contract.  For example, if you've been recruited by an agency and are coming on a 90-day business visit visa, the recruiting company most likely won't give you an airline ticket for your spouse unless he/she will be working for the company as well.  Read the contract carefully, but also be aware that shady employers, especially recruiting companies, don't always honor the contracts and that business visit visa holders have no legal recourse if there is a breach of contract.

Ok, so the position is higher than a teacher (i know, still vague), but it seems like they are offering me a single contract. Here's the thing. The offer letter is pretty short, the important content is about half a page. It doesnt go into much detail. I'm assuming its single because it doesnt mention spouse anywhere. Now, I'm planning to talk with them about all my concerns, but I feel like I dont know the lingo.

Do I ask for a "married contract"...is that what its called? If they agree, what would this cover? Would they pay for the ticket, visa and everything. i know in Dubai, usually employers do not cover the cost of the family's visa.

Alliecat wrote:
expatsoon2b wrote:

Only if it's in their budget and the position is high enough.  I know that female teachers at PNU were promised that they could bring their families over, and they were here for months and months before the recruiter renigged.  Maybe it's changed but that's the last I heard. 

Employers usually want to keep expenses to a minimum so only offer single contracts, but married contracts aren't unheard of for teaching jobs :)  Just be sure you have this all worked out UP-FRONT.

Good luck.

Oh, no recruiting agency involved:)

smurfette wrote:
expatsoon2b wrote:

This is off-topic but...  It depends on the employer, the type of visa you get, and the provisions of the contract.  For example, if you've been recruited by an agency and are coming on a 90-day business visit visa, the recruiting company most likely won't give you an airline ticket for your spouse unless he/she will be working for the company as well.  Read the contract carefully, but also be aware that shady employers, especially recruiting companies, don't always honor the contracts and that business visit visa holders have no legal recourse if there is a breach of contract.

Any particular brand of combined oral contraceptive pill available in Jeddah ?
Is " morning after pill"available in Jeddah ? Underwhich nname?