Finding a Villa to rent long term

Hi I am arriving in Bali on the 30th August to look at a property/ Villa to rent for my family to rent we are looking at living in Bali long term. I have organised with 3 Real Estate Companies to show me Villas to rent long term and we would look at buying a property at a later date. My husband is a fly in fly out worker and he has freinds who he works with and they live in Indonesia and Thialand. They told him not deal with Real Estates as we will pay way too much, they said to deal with the owners as it is cheaper and you form a nice relationship with them, which would be great as they maybe able to help us when we are able to buy a property they may have one available. I have been reading the blogs and I will drive around and look for signs on posts etc for owners who have a property for rent but does anyone have any other advice about how to deal direct. Is there a local or Expat who may help in this area. I would so appreciate any advice that can be given. We were looking at Canggu or Sanur. I heard there is a new school in Jimbarian Bay not sure if that is true but if so we would also live there. If anyone out there knows of someone I could contact instead of Real Estates I would so appreciate it. We were in Bali April and July this year just looking at areas, schools etc and we know we want to live in Bali we got married there 19 years ago when it was not trendy to do so, but now we just need to find a home. Any advice at all would be so appreciated. Marnie

"...and we would look at buying a property at a later date."

That will be impossible Marnie, as foreigners are simply not allowed to purchase (own) or have the hak milik deed in their name.

Two things you can start doing even before you arrive in little over a week.  One is to search the internet and the other is to refer to The Bali Advertiser (which is also on-line).

Once you are here, do your best to network with other expats in those areas of interest to you as many properties get rented out by simple word of mouth.

As for real estate agents, they do provide a useful service for those who have limited time to search on their own, so you might consider doing both...working with a few good agents, and doing your own homework.

Good luck with your move to Bali.

Jade, have you considered having a look at Airbnb?  Not sure of your budget etc, but there might be something for you as some places do rent out for a monthly fee which is discounted.  Just another option.  Cheers.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

thanks are those villas/homes in Canggu

Are you the same Marnie who put the original post but using Jade Kalaf ? Just asking because your  profile and informations looks the same. It would be wise to read and follow the suggestion given by Ubudian above.

Yes I am sorry about that Jade is my daughter and when I first went on the Expat.com it was all new to me.
I have tried several times to correct and change Jades name to mine but it would not allow me because her name was attached to my email address and when I was putting my name it would come up that email address has been taken you must use a new one.
I did not intend to offend anyone and I would very much like to delete Jades name and attach mine.
I will attempt to correct it again.
Many apologies.

Hi Marnie, no worries about it perhaps the mods or one of the senior members could assist.

However, as Roy said above legally is not possible for foreigners to own land or have the Hak Malik deed under their name.

Another thing you may need to look at is that you or your husband would need a KITAS then your kids will get a dependent KITAS which is needed if joining a school on Bali.

You should check with the school about it.

Marnie246 wrote:

Yes I am sorry about that Jade is my daughter and when I first went on the Expat.com it was all new to me.
I have tried several times to correct and change Jades name to mine but it would not allow me because her name was attached to my email address and when I was putting my name it would come up that email address has been taken you must use a new one.
I did not intend to offend anyone and I would very much like to delete Jades name and attach mine.
I will attempt to correct it again.
Many apologies.

Hello Marnie, no need to apologize . ;)
I can can help you to change your username if you want, let me contact you in private so as not to drift off topic here.

Cheers,

Priscilla :)

The house for sale at pecatu jimbaran and the houses for rent at denpasar, center area.thx.

@yaya haidar > I suggest you to post your ads in the Houses for sale in Bali section, it might help you.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I have done last week but thanks priscilla