Special schools for children in Riyadh

Hi,

I am coming to Riyadh in two months time. I am married with 2 kids. My eldest will turn 4 in October but he's got developmental problem and is not speaking yet. I think I may need a special school for him. Does anyone know of any special school for children in Riyadh.

I work for a British organization and going to live near the diplomatic quarters.

Any help greatly appreciated.

regards

Lostintranslation

Ill ask around :) , hope your kids know that their lucky to have a good father!

There is one school on the intersection of Imam Saud bin AbdulAziz bin Mohamed Street and Olaya Road behind the Marina Mall where the Toyota Lexus Showroom is also located. It is run and managed by the family if the late King Feisal.

Do a google on Google Maps for Riyadh and then the street name

Thanks Khalid88 and musicman for your comments and suggestions,

I've found few ones here, but they're all in Arabic, is that OK?

Thanks Ramon. They need to be either English or Bengali.

best wishes

lostintranslation

Hi
If you are still searching Special School
New school Special care learning centre (SCLC) is going to start on 3rd November in Riyadh. for more details you can contact on [email protected]

Hi,
   There is one school for special children in Sulaimaniya it is a division of  Indian interntional public school formerly called Seva school.  You can check iipsr.com for further details.
Hope the information is useful to you.. Have a happy life in Riyadh..

The Riyadh International School have a Special needs department that you might want to have a look at. Whether or not it is up to scratch, I'm not exactly sure because they don't really have a system equivalent to OFSTED in Saudi.

From my very cursory knowledge, I don't know of too many British expats that send their children to RIS. The main options tend to be the American International School or the British International School... either that or putting them up in a boarding school back in the UK.

[Moderated: no free ads pls]

i need special education for my daughter

Hi,

I am considering an offer to move to Riyadh with the company that I currently work for in the US. I have a special Ed son that has been diagnosed with mild Autism and wanted to know if there are any  American schools that offer inclusion in general education class and pulled out to work on the program that is designed to meet his needs. We live in Frisco, TX where school are great and we see great progress every day and hesitant about moving there. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

thanks,
-Rod

Riyadh Multinational School has departments for students with learning disabilities and students with special needs. This is their website: mns-r.com

Hi Birdlike, Thanks so much for your post. Do you or anyone else have experience with this school? From their website, they look pretty good.

esclaved wrote:

Hi Birdlike, Thanks so much for your post. Do you or anyone else have experience with this school? From their website, they look pretty good.

Unfortunately, I do not. I went there for an interview once, and they asked me if I was willing to teach children with learning disabilities for a few days as a start, and then they would see what the next step to take was. Since teaching children with learning disabilities isn't my specialty, I felt it would be unfair to the children and also to me. But other than that, I really don't know very much about the school, but I hear they're good.

Thanks so much. Your input has been valuable.

hi how r u long time i open my Expat.com i read your massage it is about special education i aslo teacher of special befor KSA now i am in pakistan here is maney school for special chirldren.

sorry to leat answer. tell me where r u r u stil KSA of UK where r u and what about your children i am here in pakistan.teaching in a special chirldren school.** farzana

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.
Rod_B wrote:

Hi,

I am considering an offer to move to Riyadh with the company that I currently work for in the US. I have a special Ed son that has been diagnosed with mild Autism and wanted to know if there are any  American schools that offer inclusion in general education class and pulled out to work on the program that is designed to meet his needs. We live in Frisco, TX where school are great and we see great progress every day and hesitant about moving there. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

thanks,
-Rod

Hi Rod,

Seems like no one answered you.  If you go through the thread you will find a couple of schools listed for special ed, but even the best special ed school here will not be as good as the worst one in the US.  Children with learning or developmental disabilities are still somewhat taboo here, and only in the past couple of years have I started seeing them out in public.  In the recent past they were mostly kept indoors their whole lives.  Due to this, special ed education here is still in its infancy.  On a scale of 1 to 10, if special ed is a 10 in the US, it is at best a 1 here.

If I was a Western citizen, I would never come and live in any Arab country if I had a child with special needs.  I know you said the autism is mild... I think the best thing to do is for you to call the American school in Riyadh (there is only one) and ask if they have special programmes.  If they don't, call the British school in Riyadh (only one) and ask the same.  One of them might have what your son needs since the autism is mild.  Google for their websites.  If none of them do, don't come here.  UAE and Qatar are more developed in this regard, so research the schools there and if there is something good there, look for a job there.

Good luck.

SPECIAL EDUCATION / SPEECH THERAPY /BEHAVIOR THERAPY

Yes, I can help you if you are in Riyadh or Dammam.

[Moderated: send details in private pls]

hi i want to apply special school of disability if it's not too much trouble and helping out.....
i'm great with kids... and people

@Dr Jaya Chanran,
How can I contact with you?

DR.Jaya........hw can u we cntct u?n wat kind of job u r doing..?

Hi everyone,
I m a mother of 6 yr old mild autistic son. We have just shifted to riyadh one month back. I got my son admitted to al yasmin international school but now they are cancelling his admission because of his behaviour.
so plz help me in finding a school as well as occupational and speech therapy centers for him.
plz help. I m now ready worried as well as desperate

Hi shadab......i m also in this same situation for my 5 n half year old daughter.n i m realy surprised that riyadh city still has not a school for these kids.......bt do u visit any center,,,,,,,,i just heared that Tamayuz center in riyadh opened......for special needs kids

Thank you ramma, will try and find more about it. Will let u know if something positive comes up.

Plz shadab if u find any clue plz inform me.....i m also v much worried........i think there should b a school in which our kids can spend time n learn wat they need.....n education should b there for kids.....let c.....by the way frm where u belong?n u r mama or baba of kid.....cz shadab use for both........

I am also keen to know about a Autism School or a good Therapy center here in Riyadh as I have 4 year old daughter on spectrum. Please help  if you know any good school for Autsim in Riyadh or some center for therapies .
Thank you.

Kind Regards

yes, we are recently moved to Riyadh. pls let us know how you can help.

you may forward a PM to following email address

email: [email protected]

Dr Charan

Please find my email for reply;

[email protected]

Thanks

http://www.alalameenschool.com/

ALALSMEEN BRITISH ISLAMIC SCHOOL

(moderated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory)

hi,I'm currently looking for job for a shadow teaching or any special education posistion.I have 4yrs experience working with the special needs and i'm also a graduate of Bachelor of Education.so if there any vacant position let me know and i'm willing to transfer a soon as possible.

I read ur post for therapy . My son needs a a therapy I. Riyadh . Would you b able to help ?

I am in search for a Aba therapist in Riyadh .. Plz email me if anyone is interested to assist my son who is 7 years . He is high functioning and has autism apectrum . Thank u .

Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Hi.u want therapist to be stay home or it's fine with u if leave outside.

In desperate need of an International school that caters to autistic children here in Riyadh. Multinational School apparently does have this facility but the waiting list is ridiculous. My son will miss out on his schooling. Really, it's so frustrating that no other such school exists here. Someone please help if you know of such a school.

Hi everybody i am glad to tell you about Sand International School in RUH at Sulimania. They have what you ask for and my friend had one child with especial case and she enrolled him in the school  and very satisfied with result.

well i guess there is one international school in riyadh know as embassy school but i dont know if its only for pakistanis or for every one. second the admission session is closed if u have to admit ur kids u have to start trying from jan and feb in order to get admission for your kid. my aunt is hod in same (head of dept.) school. they have facility of A-LEVEL AND O- LEVEL.

Special Education / Speech Therapy/ Behavior Therapy in Riyadh

Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you may use the Private message system for that

Hello, I'm looking to work as a special Educator in a special education school in Riyadh where the medium of instruction is English. Any recommendations about the Special Schools here?