Confusion about the new law of banned entry for 2 years

Hi! I am Piya from Bangladesh, living here in Muscat.

I am worried to know about the new rule that no expat will be able to enter Sultante before 2 years if they exit.

In my case I was working here from April 2013 to February 2014 and then I left for my country cancelling my visa. I came back on a family visit visa in this April and just started working with another company who are supposed to arrange my new visa. Now my question is, though I know the new rule will be implemented from July 1 still I am confused, will there be any problem to get my visa since it is not 2 years after I left Oman? Am I also under this ban rule?

Could anyone please guide me?

Thank you  :)

Hello kaysarapiya !

I fail to understand your confusion.

The new re-entry ban of a minimum 2 years cool-off period will get effective starting July 01 only.

Your prior employment history is inconsequential and even irrelevant.

What you should be more worried about now is whether your new employer can manage to get you an employment visa  given the fact that there is also a ban on issuing employment visas for women (barring some select job categories like beauticians).

Good luck.

If the first part will give u n o c then possible
otherwise before July u arrange visa

You have to get N O C

My visa will expire on feb 20 2015 i want to know if my sponser cancel me before 15 days or 1 month than this law will implement on me or not? shoudl i wait 1month more ? Please guide me

Dear all

In Sep 2013 i left oman and cancel visa, now in Oct 2014 i have a offer from oman , i am worried that 2 year ban is applicable in my case , or it will be only for those who cancel their visa after 1st july 2014

Request for your suggestions

kazimfarid wrote:

Dear all

In Sep 2013 i left oman and cancel visa, now in Oct 2014 i have a offer from oman , i am worried that 2 year ban is applicable in my case , or it will be only for those who cancel their visa after 1st july 2014

Hi kazimfarid,

You have no reason to worry.

As you are aware, this rule came into effect only from July of this year.

Please read the many posts in this forum on the same subject, if you are still in any doubt.

However, please be informed that many have not been successful in getting their employment visa even though they have left before the said deadline. Ridiculous as it may sound, it all depends on the whims and fancies of the visa issuing authorities on that given day and which side of the bed they woke up from.

Good luck.

hi Sumit,

That means there will not be any changes in the present rule??

Anoopoman wrote:

hi Sumit,

That means there will not be any changes in the present rule??

Hi Anoopoman,

Your guess is as good as mine.

Good luck.

Thanks Summit .......

Hi Sumit,

Just heard that the rule got changed. Kindly share if any updates you got regarding subject

Thanks
Regards
Anoop

Anoopoman wrote:

Hi Sumit,

Just heard that the rule got changed. Kindly share if any updates you got regarding subject

Thanks
Regards
Anoop

Hi Anoopoman,

Yes, the rule has been revoked as published in yesterday's local dailies - but it applies only for SMEs.

Also, there are many riders / smallprint attached to the issuing of employment visas, including that the SME owner must ONLY be an Omani who must be managing the business himself and not through some expatriate, who should not be otherwise employed (in private or public sectors), the size of the business, the industry it is related to, etc.

The rule however remains unchanged for the regular white-collar expatriate employees.

Hi tell me

I have left oman on 23june 2014, now one company offered job for me,
Plz tell me do i have ban on me or no i can go and work

Hi tell me

I have left oman on 23june 2014, now one company offered job for me,
Plz tell me do i have ban on me or no i can go and work

No you Cant Go, same problem i faced few months before, i left oman in sep 2013 and i got offer in Nov 2014, i applied for visa but they refuse to give me otherwise i have to give NOC.

SO if u have NOC then only u can go otherwise complete 2 yr.

After 1 july 2014 what ever visa they are issuing for expats, they r checking that the person has completed 2 yrs or not . if employe is new then its fine.

kazim

Dear Kazim

As company is saying i have no ban, same i thought that Ban applicable only after 1 july 2014

plz suggest r u sure that i will not get the visa, if its 100% then i will not spend time in waiting for this job

Ill go for some other job bro

Plz suggest

Nitin

Dear

Actually this depend on the company , if your company belongs from SME then they may issue Visa to you and also if company is saying that u dont have ban so u can proceed but on the safer side dont give resignation from ur present job untill u get Visa in ur hand. Once you get Visa then you give resignation the only safer way in your case

Good Luck ****

kazim Afrid

Dear all

In March 2014 i left oman and proper cancel visa and 27 April 2014 To 26 April 2015 exact one year not renew  and proper exit from saudi arabia Now in july 2015 i have a offer from oman , i am worried that 2 year ban is applicable in my case , or it will be only for those who cancel their visa after 1st july 2014
Please and

Abdul majeeth Athalebbai yousuff wrote:

Dear all

In March 2014 i left oman and proper cancel visa and 27 April 2014 To 26 April 2015 exact one year not renew  and proper exit from saudi arabia Now in july 2015 i have a offer from oman , i am worried that 2 year ban is applicable in my case , or it will be only for those who cancel their visa after 1st july 2014
Please and

Hi Abdul majeeth Athalebbai yousuff,

No amount of guessing would be of any help to you.

Only the moment of truth will tell reveal what the authorities decide on your application.