Need information related to living expenses in Kuala Lumpur

Hi all, this will be my first topic in here. I needed some information related to the living expenses in Kuala Lumpur.
I am from India and I have been  offered a position in one of the company located in Technology Park Malaysia.
The company has offered me 7500 myr including the taxes. I would like to know how much is needed in Kuala Lumpur
to have a decent life along with a opportunity to save some money. Also I will prefer to live some where near to the office, so if anyone could suggest some good place near by Technology Park than that will be great.

Thanks a lot.

Hi there are many technology parks. Mostly misnamed!

Cost of living is such a personal thing and so many ifs and buts. And yes it seems indian guys single who are vegetarian and don't drink and share a cheap.place can live off less than many would consider a minimum.but then I know many who drink like fish. But most I meet these days work long hours and rather regret being in Malaysia. Really depends on too many factors that are very personal to you.

Thanks Nemodot for replying.
Well i can understand that the expenses depends upon the lifestyle of the person. But i actually wanted to know about the major expenses like residence, food and conveyance. Also my office is going to be in Technology Park, Bukit Jalil
57000. Any idea about this area in particular?

Its becoming quite amusing now, the number of people from India who are being offered what I would class "third rate" salaries. No-one in their right mind would come to work in Malaysia to be a "slave" and exploited in the manner which is now happening. But I guess if they can save money and get away from their god-damn-awful lives in India, then Malaysia is one option.

The problem is they end up with the same god-damn-awful and lonely lives here. Saving a bit of money, but so far from their friends and loved ones. I have yet to meet a happy Indian IT transplant worker here. The issue is also that they "join" the ranks of a part of society that has a lot of labels attached to them and when there is about 10% Malaysian Indians and about another 5% Indian IT workers, its easy to see why they become marginalised.

Thansk Gravitas for the reply,
Form your post i am getting a feeling that i should not accept this offer !

I live near TPM in Arena Green. The amount which has been offered is quite a good salary for a couple. Its better if you drill down the expenses and compare it with your salary, I have written down my blog post about living cost in Kuala lumpur, I hope it helps for you

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads for your blog please

HI Uzair,
I have been through your blog and i must say its really wonderful, almost all the information needed for a person moving to KL, thanks a lot again for sharing it. You said you are living in Arena green Near TPM Bukit Jalil, so it will be really wonderful if you can give me some details related to accommodation, i have seen some pictures of Arena Green and it looks wonderful, basically i will prefer to live in a single room, so if you have reference or details for a available room please do share.
Thanks a lot again man

Thanks for appreciating it bro. If you are just looking for a single room, Better to search Arena Green on ibilik.my. It's the most nearest place for TPM. Just call the owner of your liked room, and they will arrange it for you. Beside that, Have your company arranged any kind of accommodation for you ? for a month or so?. Companies usually do it for you!

HI Uzair, thanks for replying again,
I confirmed from my company and they said that i will be working at client location.
My office location will be KL Sentral, and they are not providing any accommodation in beginning,
i have to arrange everything on my own, so any suggestion for good place to live nearby.
Thanks

It is therefore probably better to live in Brickfields or in Bukit Bintang (Monorail to Sentral). www.ibilik.my will list rooms that are currently available. It may be possible to view and move in within a couple of days of arriving. There is probably some low cost accommodation available in Sentral. The YMCA is based there as well.

If a company is expecting you to move to a new location, you should ask them to provide accomodation for at least two weeks. Are they giving you a lumpsum relocation allowance? Some companies provide this or accomodation.

Not a very huge amount but they will provide sum 2000 myr for the first time.
Thanks