CPSM or CIPS

can any one tell me to start CPSM or CIPS. i mean learning institure in dammam.

I want to secure any one of above certification while living in saudia arbia
thanks, aslam hayat

I am currently studying CIPS through their new revised syllabus . CIPS is very rich and  have wider
Respect of securing higher wages in the supply chain or procurement field

Gentle thanks for this.iam MBA and having 16 years experience in warehousing and inventory management.

can u guess that i will secure exemptions while in entering level module or as per your best knowledge where i stand for exemptions. thanks

I would vote for CIPS!

Gentleman
is it covers warehousing,logistics, supply/distribution management and inventory managements.

because my backround is not in the field of purchasing and procurement

This is the email I received regarding this course before...fyi

Thank you for your email below and your interest in the qualifications awarded by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply - CIPS.

There are different levels of study available and going by the qualifications and work experience that you have described, you would be eligible to study the CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply. All of the details can be found on our web site - cipsglobal.org

Before I go any further, I have to point out that there are no classroom based programmes offered by MCG. We do however accept students who wish to study by distance learning. If you do study by distance learning through MCG, you can do that entirely from Jubail and even sit the exams within Saudi Arabia at one of the British Council offices. 

I hope the following information answers your other questions.

Examinations are held throughout the world during the third weeks of May, July and November each year but in order to be eligible to sit, students must be registered Student Members of CIPS. Students can however commence their CIPS course by distance learning at any time and then register as Members in time to sit exams. So for example, you could start to study now and aim to sit exams in May 2014 as it is almost too late now to register for the November 2013 exam sitting. If this was the case, you could delay registration as an International Student Member of CIPS until around the beginning of February and in that way, your first year of membership would allow you to sit exams in May, July and November 2014 if necessary.   

The Level 4 Diploma programme consists of the following 5 compulsory core modules:

D1 - Contexts of Procurement and Supply
D2 - Business needs in Procurement and Supply
D3 - Sourcing in Procurement and Supply
D4 - Negotiating and Contracting in Procurement and Supply
D5 - Managing contracts and Relationships in Procurement and Supply

The average time in which students can graduate through the Diploma stage of study is 12 months, each module requiring around 7 weeks to complete as there is quite a lot of reading involved.  We normally recommend that students prepare for 1 or 2 papers (modules) per exam sitting but this depends entirely on the time available for studying.

If you study through MCG you will be provided with full study support inclusive of learning material, text books, a study schedule and personal mentor support. Regular work is assigned to students for submission by email to an experienced mentor who will respond with feedback and comments drawn from their considerable work experience. The fee payable to MCG for the learning material and personal mentor support can be viewed --here-- together with the fees charged by CIPS.

To summarise however, the fees involved per person are currently :
- CIPS International Student Membership for one year - GBP135 (to be paid to CIPS)
- CIPS exam registration - GBP90 per module - 5 x 90 = GBP450 (to be paid to CIPS)
- Level 4 Diploma study material with mentor support for all 5 modules - GBP1,250 (to be paid to MCG)
- Exam invigilation fees (unknown) - to be paid directly to the British Council in KSA. Alternatively, if you study through MCG and can travel to Bahrain, you are welcome to sit the exams at MCG with no invigilation charge.

I note that you have asked whether fees can be paid in Saudi Riyals. You can pay CIPS by credit card but you will be billed in Pounds Sterling (GBP). MCG can be paid in Saudi Riyals or Bahrain Dinars through Western Union or by bank transfer. If you do not have a credit card, you can pay the full amount to MCG in one composite fee converted to Saudi Riyals, and we will make the necessary payments to CIPS.

I trust that the information contained within this email is helpful and sufficient for you to opt to commence the CIPS Programme of study through Management Consultancy Group (MCG). If I can be of any further assistance, or answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact this office again. 

Regards
Thelma Frankcom (Ms)

Thanks for comprehensive info.

dear VRAMAKR.
Thanks for your complete info, my only one question is that in last two modules there are some OPTIONAL UNTIS each having 03 subject.

from these OPTIONAL UNITS how many subjects we have to get through to take the examination.

your urgent response is requested, thanks

Check out in http://www.cips.org/en-ME/ bro. Send them an email on your queries. Hope this helps.

Cheers

I have the following books of CPSM to sell.  I bought these books as member of Institute of Supply Management - ISM USA)

CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Management

List of books, Qty-1 Each

Wkbk/CPSM Exam 1-Foundation of Supply Management (6002)
Wkbk/CPSM Exam 2-Effective Supply Management Perfo (6003)
Wkbk/CPSM Exam 3 - Leadership in Supply Management (6004)
Book/Foundation of Supply Mgmt (PS1)
Book/Effec. Supply Mgmt. Performance (PS2)
Book/Leadership in Supply Mgmt. (PS3)
CPSM Study Guide 1st Ed. (CPSMSG1)
CPSM Diagnostic Kit (Print) (CPSMDK)

How much are the books

Just buy book online and  from CIPS8 uk and you sit for your exams at British council

@chikwavabk.

I sent you details by email.

Dear Brother,

Before you step into the Supply Chain sector, you must think a little ahead of chosing a portion from the supply chain environment to be more professional.

If you want to a broader overview of supply chain sector, CPSC by APICS will be an effective choice. But as I said above if you have set your traget ahead in Purchasing/ Procurement which is infact a component of Supply Chain, you should consider the most widely recognized institutions around the globe like ISM (CPSM), SCMA and CIPS.

Now, if you go for ISM which has a worth in Supply Management, you will have the opportunity of designation reciprocity. This means that once you are certified as CPSM, you can apply for SCMP (Canada) if you move in Canada and also you can apply for CIPS (UK) if you plan to move to UK.

This is indeed a lowcost feature of CPSM. Being an expat and and considering lower costs I have listed below a link which will help you jump on a track.

But the things to consider, investment for your future must made carefully, CPSM (USA) one designation can give you the oppertunity to earn other two certificates like CIPS (UK) and SCMP (Canada).

strongest-link.softwareadvice.com/supply-chain-certifications-0114/

Cheers,