Job offer in Muscat, Oman-is 1000 OMR enough for 10+yrs IT experience?

Hi,

I live in Mumbai, India. I have been offered a job in Muscat, Oman. The job title is Project Manager and salary being offered is 1000 OMR. They said that one bachelor accommodation will be provided for and other expenses will be taken care of like medical, gratuity, air fare and visa.

What I want to know is that, for someone with 10+ years of experience in IT and already working as a Project Manager, 1. The salary being offered (1000 OMR) is it too less for 10+ years of experience?
2. What is the average salary being offered for someone with my profile or experience?
3. What else should I be asking for or am I missing something in what is being offered?

Thanks in advance.

I think its fair  salary with your experience
so u can go ahead if that good company
pls check about company profile before join and must get job offer from them
ok
thanks

For a Project Manager with 10 years of IT exp.
it is too low, compare with your current salary, ask atleast 2.5 times of your net salary of INDIA

Regards
SNM

@suresh_cma

Thanks for your reply. Now that you have told me about the salary expectation, do you think there are currently any IT companies in Oman recruiting for IT Project Manager position?

@omanreal

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure about the company as well, thats why I am spending time on the internet looking for answers. Do you think there are other IT companies in Oman recruiting for IT project manager position?

HI,

I am not aware of positions in Oman, I landed Jeddah recently
I am also into IT with 5 years of exp.
1000 OMR is 1.6 lacs INR only, you should try for more

hey i am also working in IT and i am getting 410 OMR . I have 6 years exp .I think I accepted very low package ... I realising now i did mistake...
company provided accommodation..transport ...mobile and medical

The payscales here are basically based on the size and the ratings of the organizations. Salary of a project manager in a AAA rated firm will certainly be much (Or much much) higher than the project manager of an A rated or AA rated firm.

Hence, evaluate the organization and similar perspectives before accepting the offer.

Dear,

1000 with accommodation quite comfortable salary, i think so but also depends on your work of scope.

Johnny dont compare your salary with his offer.
1000 ia far far low package.

Dear friend,

Ask them 1400-1500 with single status or 1200 with family accommodation.

Regards
Sanath