Welcome mr president joko widodo

congratulation to our new mr president
We put great hope on you
Let today event mark the changes to a better future to our beloved country..
Cheers

Been watching the ceremony live on TV. 

Impressive and of course, good for Indonesia!   :top:

I echo the thoughts.
Congratulation, Mr President.

I did not watch the event I not update the news from sosmed but I can't stop my tears from falling the feeling is overwhelming .. Tears of joy

his speech makes me cry a river huwaaaa...insyaAllah he will be a good one for Indonesia

Congrats to Mr President and to the rest of Indonesia  :cheers:

I saw a lot of people from HI to the Palace of President waiting for Mr. Jokowi.  The crowd was crazy.. I can't go home bcos the street was full of people. He rode the carriage with Mr. Jusuf Kalla. All people shouted his name and that was so touching.. Hope the best for Mr. President

seize_ciel wrote:

I saw a lot of people from HI to the Palace of President waiting for Mr. Jokowi.  The crowd was crazy.. I can't go home bcos the street was full of people. He rode the carriage with Mr. Jusuf Kalla. All people shouted his name and that was so touching.. Hope the best for Mr. President

aamiin lets pray for that

Mr Jokowi, please stay true to your original principles. Balance the need for political expediency against socioeconomic reform. Remember the fate of Indonesia's last reformist president - Gus Dur - and take practical measures to neutralize those threats. Please remember that there are powerful members in the TNI that are on your side. You know who they are. Remember to appoint these people to functions where they can assist you in the task of securing your presidency.

Keep an eye on your deputy. If you treat him well and don't interfere in his business ventures then he has the political resources to protect your back from most types of political interference.

Do not attack "ad hominem" those leaders of non-religious political parties that are in opposition to yourself since these individuals are already strongly disliked by the "rank-and-file" members of these organizations. The foundations are rotten and they will collapse by themselves with a lesser or greater push attributable to someone who should not be one of your associates.

It seems to me that Jokowi is a indeed a master at keeping his friends close, and his enemies closer.

Being the magnanimous sort of fellow he is, he would surely thank you for your advice.   ;)

And being equally magnanimous, I thank you for your comments!  :D

This was on Hong Kong news for about a second.  It was the first mention of Indonesia since speculation that there would be a coup.  If someone in Hong Kong only relied on local news, they would think Indonesia's new president took his office in a violent uprising.

The HK student protest was big news here.

The new ministers was announced,, did any one noticed that Mr jokowi can't avoid the influence of his supporting party for choosing the marked person by KPK to become part of his ministers???? Let's hope the best that they would do their best to serve the nation with clean government as we wish for

Ubudian wrote:

The HK student protest was big news here.

That's funny since our big news will never amount to anything and your big news could have easily been very bad for a lot of people.  Overall, I'd say the Indonesia election is more important.

By the way, the protests are still going.