If you are new to Yanbu, I will be glad to help you settled

Hi Everyone,
I am an Egyptian engineer who has been living in Yanbu for sometime and I will be happy to help newcomers to settle here or to answer questions on life in yanbu.

Regards,
Ahmed

Hi Ahmed

I had PMed you. I should be moving to Yanbu by December. Would like to know about housing in Yanbu Al Bahr. Do you have an idea of rental in Arabian homes compound. Searched this forum and googled too but to no effect.

Also do you have any idea about good Indian school in the town. From Google could find about Al Manar and radhwa. Anymore info about school, admission and fees could be of great help.

Commando22 wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I am an Egyptian engineer who has been living in Yanbu for sometime and I will be happy to help newcomers to settle here or to answer questions on life in yanbu.

Regards,
Ahmed

hi how r u brother and u r doing nice job

Dear sir,

I have been offered job in Marafiq yanbu location.I am planning to shift my family from india to Yanbu, KSA. My Daughter age is 3.10 (DOB 14. Dec.2010)years old. She is doing her Pre KG in Indian school,CBSE,DPS.  If i come with family by march or april month, how do i proceed for admission to LKG .What is age eligibility criteria for admissions. How much could be school fees in all aspects(Transpo, Books, Etc..).If i know these information's it would be great helpful to me for planning

Regards,
A.Sathapan
Karnataka

@billu
life in Arbian homes is very expensive, you will pay something around SR 120K/year for a two bed rooms flat( this is the last number i know since 1-2 years) better to stay in the groups( we call it G or jeem as it is pronounced in Arabic, like Jeem 16,17,....)
you can get a very nice two bed rooms flat( with really big rooms) around SR 16K, if you searched more you can get even cheaper.

@ Sathappan
I am not sure about the Indian schools but I know that Marafiq pay the schooling for the kids, if you will stay in the Royal commission area in Marafiq housing, there Radhwa international school which has both Indian an american section. you can find more details in the below link
- risyrc.com/
I heard that the Indian section for KGs costs about SR 4-5K but this needs to be verified

@Sayed
I am fine Hamdulellah, thanks
r u living in Yanbu?

Sir, Are u sure about marafiq pays for preschool or KG sections too as my daughter age is 3.11 years old. She will have to undergo those sections.And i will have to search house outside RC

I know about school but Preschools & KGs, I am not sure, you can just check with your HR department( most of the companies doesn't pay the preschool but the pay the KGS)

Schooling in Yanbu is getting worse now a days, A good School already closed called YIS lot of family moved to Jeddah for sack of schooling only

Hi Ahmed,
I know this is an old forum but I was wondering if you are still in Yanbu or have contacts there. I am moving there next week. Thank you!

Hello Mmishmash,

Indeed this is an old thread so do not hesitate to create a new one if you have any questions or want to talk about another topic, others may also help you.

Cheers  :)

Alexia
Expat.com Team