Friends to.hang out with

Hi. I just move here in arendal 2month ago. Away from my normal lifestyle from sunny Bali to this weather and all alone is killing me. Hopefully can meet up someone to hang out with or exchange culture

Hi cazvilla,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe a longer introduction and a few words about your hobbies and places of interest might help you in creating some contacts.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi cazvilla,

Totally understand what you mean!
My wife isn't too happy about the climate and especially the dark winter either.
We just came back from Mauritius and are luckily enough going back there soon :)

Unfortunately we live quite a drive away, near the OSL airport Gardermoen.

Good luck!

I guess I have to learn to adept the weather and quiet and cold Situation :). I'm still longing for heading home to where the sun are..

Very hard (impossible for us) to get used to the cold and darkness during the winter months.
Summer is beautiful though :)

Hi can be friends here

Hello!! Have a good weekend!

Bergen,, wonder what to do😪

single parents with 2 kids and  moving to norway(austevoll) in 2 months time  and  wants to make new friends to hang out with.

This is a problem for so many expats, Norwegians aren't always the easier to make friends with.

Where about are you? I live in Vestfold.

I have a couple close friends here but my social life has really suffered moving here, for one going out with friends is so darn expensive compared to what i was used to!

Norwegians have a different "concept" of friendship from what I understood (I've been here a bit by now, so I think I have at least an idea :) )
It will take time and common interests to be aquaintances, they'll have to know you're reliable to consider you a friend.
Once you are, they'll rely on you and you can rely on them. Please do not mistake relying for nagging.
It's not very different from other places, although it does depend on what your concept of friendship is in the first place.

And, you don't have to go out to be with friends, just invite them at your place and have dinner/watch silly movies/play tabletop games :P

Thanks, for the pointer