Help Animals!

Hi

Find it in your heart to a provide a loving home for an animal living in a shelter.  Please adopt.

use The Bahrain Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BSPCA) adoption page to find your new furry friend.

- facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.696235480411805&type=1

thanks

Better still, visit Tony the dogfathers animal shelter. He at least doesn't have a kill policy. All animals taken to him are treated and brought up to good health. He is a single guy trying to look after over 400 animals with very little funding.

- facebook.com/Tonythedogfather

Visit either one, if you can, adopt!

Guys!

Being an animal rights activist myself

I really appreciate the message you are sending

keep it up  :top:

Since it appears my family..mean my dog...won't be able to make the trip this is a very tempting proposition.  After the winter break I will heartily consider this.  Thank you for the information!

I have just adopted a beautiful and lovely cat.

Thanks Nawaf for your time to help me to get started and setup the place for my new best friend.

Please adopt  :)

How do you adopt here? I heard it was very expensive to get them spaid and shot up! also, wanting to get a rabbit for my Science class to raise. Any ideas?

keatsswish wrote:

How do you adopt here? I heard it was very expensive to get them spaid and shot up! also, wanting to get a rabbit for my Science class to raise. Any ideas?

Injections are cheap. Adoption is free if you go to Tony the dogfather or Delmon Kennels (or do what I did and take a dog off the street) BSPCA charge BD50 to adopt, they do have lots of dogs, cats and rabbits there. The cost helps them with running the shelter.
There is also a lot of pages on facebook:

Bahrain Strays
Dogfather animal welfare centre
BSPCA Offical page
Bahrain pets for adoption

Don't buy a pet as that just encourages the breeders to keep going (they steal animals to breed and keep them in horrific conditions)

keatsswish wrote:

Please contact me, I'll be happy and glad to help facilitate this process for you,

I will also help you set up the place,

you will be good to go :)

relwell wrote:

Since it appears my family..mean my dog...won't be able to make the trip this is a very tempting proposition.  After the winter break I will heartily consider this.  Thank you for the information!

Why can't you bring your dog with you? Such a shame. Let me or Nawaf know when you are ready to adopt. I can take you to either shelter and I also know lots of people who are fostering dogs and trying to find them good homes.

Let's keep this post alive to draw peoples attention to the animal situation in Bahrain.

Over 10,000 stray dogs and over 15,000 stray cats. May be even more now. With only 2 animal shelters on the island that are both full to bursting we need to find as many new families as we can.

Expats that can adopt usually end up with numerous animals (like me) so if anyone is petless, please consider adoption

Please never buy a pet in Bahrain, this encourages breeders to keep breeding and their animal are kept in awful circumstance. It also encourages people to steal good looking pets knowing they can sell them easily.

There have been animals rammed in tiny cages with no food, water or space at Isa Town market for months. They are badly treated and when they get too thin and ill for them to be sold they are tossed out on the streets.

It is a long story, but when I adopted her I promised I would always do what was best for her, and staying home with my parents is just better for her in terms of mental health and companionship.  I am at work so much it would be very selfish of me.

Perhaps after the summer trip I will look into a lower maintanence pet.

Thanks for keeping this active, Jo.  I know a lot of expats are lonely and a loving companion would be perfect for each other.

:par:

When you are ready to get a pet I can help you look if you like.

Cats are very low maintenance and will alter their sleep patterns to fit in with you too. Not sure if you like cats or not though, but they are just as much in need as the dogs here. More so as the dogs kill them

:):):):)