How many Indians in Norway??

[Moderated: Off topic.]

Hi Santosh,

I am currently working is Tanzania and belong to india, can I come norway on tourist visa and find job, it will work, can I get job on tourist  visa and the I will apply my work permit from there. please advice me...

Hi dears.iam a nurse from mumbi.malayali.I am trying to work in Norway but the employer asking me to attend 3 month language program and 3 lacks for immigration purpose.is it believable??I dont know anything about .can I continue ??? Pls help me.iam waiting for ur reply..

hi everyone ..

can anyone help me to get job in Norway please ......

vignesh

About 8500

pamma singh wrote:

About 8500

Where did you get that figure from ??

As a new member could you please introduce yourself to the forum.

Can any tell me regarding Narvik (in norway)? what r the job opportunities?

Pardeep Panchani wrote:

Can any tell me regarding Narvik (in norway)? what r the job opportunities?

Perhaps a Google search ???

I searched a lot.. but could not find the proper answer :(

Online I found currently 49 jobs advertised in Narvik:

at finn.no:
- finn.no/finn/job/fulltime/result?sort=0&keyword=narvik

at nav.no
- tjenester.nav.no/stillinger/stillinger?rpp&rv&l2=62908

Reading through the ads should give you an idea about the job situation.

please let me know about the room rent, cost of food per person in a month in Norway on an avg.

I have worked in Europe in France and Italy fir more than two years.  For an Indian company. Now in planning to work in Norway.  Can you please help me in details. Like salary tax deduction Rate. My company will provide accommodation for a while.  So is it good. Whats the cost of living for an Indian guys view.
Is it a good option to survive and help your family at home too. Please help me in details I will appreciate it.  Thank you

Ami1989 wrote:

I have worked in Europe in France and Italy fir more than two years.  For an Indian company. Now in planning to work in Norway.  Can you please help me in details. Like salary tax deduction Rate. My company will provide accommodation for a while.  So is it good. Whats the cost of living for an Indian guys view.
Is it a good option to survive and help your family at home too. Please help me in details I will appreciate it.  Thank you

Note that if your company is providing accommodation, check how it is "providing".  If it is paying you an allowance to pay for your rent, such allowance is considered benefits and it is Taxable by the government.  It means you ultimately get less than the gross amount.  The same goes for reimbursement of phone, internet or transport.  All such benefits are taxable.

Thank you so much for your help.
I really appreciate it.
But I have one thing in mind I will confirm about how they are providing accommodation.  But do you mean if the company gives me phone or Internet or transport facilities.  I have to pay tax for that too.  And if I'm getting a salary of 25000 to 30000 krone. How much do you think I need to pay tax From it monthly. Plz let me know .
thank you once again for your help.

Ami1989 wrote:

Thank you so much for your help.
I really appreciate it.
But I have one thing in mind I will confirm about how they are providing accommodation.  But do you mean if the company gives me phone or Internet or transport facilities.  I have to pay tax for that too.  And if I'm getting a salary of 25000 to 30000 krone. How much do you think I need to pay tax From it monthly. Plz let me know .
thank you once again for your help.

If the company is giving you a Transport allowance, and yes, that will be taxable.

Everyone is issued a tax card which will determine how much tax that you will be deducted based on your pay.  Anything on top of your normal salary, will be deducted with another tax %.  I cannot assess which will be your tax card.  My guess is you are probably under table 7300 tax but don't quote me on that.

http://www.skatteetaten.no/en/Rates/Ded … xt-format/

I believe based on your salary, benefits is subjected to 36% tax.  Note that if your company is also paying for your insurance (health and life which is common in Norway), those are subjected to benefit tax as well.

Hi. Thank you so very much for all your help and advice.  If everything goes well . I will be joining you expats in norway within the month of July .
ah one more thing employment agent said I will be given work visa that will be converted into residence permit in norway. It will be valid for one year and then when it's converted it will be valid for 2 or 3 years . Or he said so
do you know anything about it.
thank you

Ami1989 wrote:

Hi. Thank you so very much for all your help and advice.  If everything goes well . I will be joining you expats in norway within the month of July .
ah one more thing employment agent said I will be given work visa that will be converted into residence permit in norway. It will be valid for one year and then when it's converted it will be valid for 2 or 3 years . Or he said so
do you know anything about it.
thank you

Did he mention what kind of visa?  Is it a skilled worker visa?  My first skilled worker visa is 1 year but that is because my job contract is only 1 year.  When my 1 yr contract turns into a permanent contract and I renewed my visa, UDI gave me a 2 year skilled worker visa.

Is the company paying for your application fee for visa including renewal in future???  UDI is increasing the application fee EVERY YEAR.  It used to be 2000kr when I first applied and now it went up to 3000+kr.  It is one of their attempts to reduce immigration, I think.

My company only help me to pay for my first visa...and I need to pay the renewal myself.

No my company is not paying for my work visa. I'm going through a employment agency and they told me that the company will provide accommodation with a good salary but I'm paying for my work visa and commission charge to employment agency. I will receive offer letter and work visa which he said is valid for one year and converted into residence permit.  God I need to confirm what kind of work visa it is. Like you said. Do I need to be careful with anything else.

Ami1989 wrote:

No my company is not paying for my work visa. I'm going through a employment agency and they told me that the company will provide accommodation with a gois salary but I'm paying for my work visa and commission charge to employment agency. I will receive offer letter and work visa which he said is valid for one year and converted into residence permit.  God I need to confirm what kind of work visa it is. Like you said. Do I need to be careful with anything else.

Residence permit and work visa are the same thing.  They don't really differentiate it.  It might be the agency trying to call a 1year permit as visa...and more than 1 year is residence permit.

Just make sure your employment agency did follow up with your visa application.  My friend who found a job via an employment agency, suddenly found out that her agency did not submit complete set of documentation.  It resulted in delay because she was unable to start work without a visa.  She was still paid by the agency since it is the agency's fault...but the anxiety and stress are not worth it.  It is a mistake that can be avoided if the agency spent time to call up UDI to check the status.

Skilled worker visa is generally very quick as long as there is a a job contract already.  Mine took only 2 weeks.  UDI usually advise you to call and check with them if you do not receive notification within 14 working days.

Well thank you so very much dear.
You have helped me a lot really I appreciate it. being new to some place and some one helps you out is a big thing . God bless you. Thank you once again.

Hello.  I confirmed with my employment agent about my visa. He is saying that I need to travel to Georgia first and then in Georgia I will be getting my travel papers for norway including company papers. Do you know anything about it. And in Norway is tax deducted monthly or yearly. I need to save a lot of money to support my family in India so do you think I can make it in Norway my salary is 26000 krone. Thank you.

Hello.
   I confirmed my job profile and salary. It's assistant cashier and salary is €2600 plus OT. It's around 23400 krone plus accommodation.  I was expecting more but you know  anyway do you think it's a okay start in norway for me . Now can you tell about the tax % I need to pay. Please . Because I need to see if I can save some money or not. Thank you

Personal income tax rate is 39% with the highest rate being 47%

You can do a Google search to confirm these figures.

Ami1989 wrote:

Hello.
   I confirmed my job profile and salary. It's assistant cashier and salary is €2600 plus OT. It's around 23400 krone plus accommodation.  I was expecting more but you know  anyway do you think it's a okay start in norway for me . Now can you tell about the tax % I need to pay. Please . Because I need to see if I can save some money or not. Thank you

I am not a tax expert.  If they think that tax table 7300 applies to you, your tax is approximately 23%.  You should ask your employer how much tax they will be deducting from you.  They probably  know it better than I do.

Hi Swati Namaste
Obviously you will find many more helpful friend from India and Nepal there. As far as the concern of your diet, my one friend from Nepal( Her paternal Home is in Assam, India) has been staying at Norway. But recently she has shifted to Portugal in order to obtain a Permanent Resident from there. Any way be sure you will be secured and convinced at Norway. Good Luck for your new staying. Thanks
with warm regards
RAJENDRA RIJAL

Hi,
I too from Bangalore and planning to come to Norway for job search. I don't have experience. I have completed MBA in France . Will I be able to get job in Norway ?

Kirans1991 wrote:

Hi,
I too from Bangalore and planning to come to Norway for job search. I don't have experience. I have completed MBA in France . Will I be able to get job in Norway ?

It depends on what kind of MBA you have.  Norwegians are quite highly educated in their academics since school is free.  MBA and PHD are all over the place.

there are a lot of retrenchment going on in the oil & gas as well as related industry now.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2015/09/01/ … f-layoffs/http://www.newsinenglish.no/2015/08/26/ … 5-percent/http://www.newsinenglish.no/2015/08/25/ … and-media/

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Please drop an advert in the jobs section here : Jobs in Oslo
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear,

Please tell, The school and collage for education the student will study in English or their Norway local language

Hi,

I am hoping you are settle in Norway ). I am interested to know how many Indians  do you found there and how is the life for the Indians there ? 
your experience will help me lot.
Thanks in advance.

Hii I am Gireesh Baghotia. Currently working at a public sector bank. I am planning to move Norway in search of job and better lifestyle. How hard it is to find a job in Norway...

Hi,
I am Rajesh prajapati,  living in bergen and doing job. I am searching accomodation hear do you have idea about cheaper accomodation?

Thanks

Just an updated answer for the topic title HOW MANY INDIANS IN NORWAY?

As of 2nd Quarter of 2017

India has a net registered migration of 244.

SOURCE: SSB

raj79prajapati wrote:

Hi,
I am Rajesh prajapati,  living in bergen and doing job. I am searching accomodation hear do you have idea about cheaper accomodation?

Thanks

Hi Rajesh, I can suggest an alternative to finn, you can try checking out hybel

Hi All,

I am currently moving to Drammen for onsite program from my software company

please suggest me how to find a decent apartment with average rent

Howmuch is average rent for apartmemt in Drammen

where can i stay temporarily till i get apartment after landing immediately in drammen

Howlong it takes to find an apartment

Whats the tax paid by immigrant who comes to onsite with workpermit of 1yr

Suggest any good area in drammen to find apartment with decent rent

howmuch deposit they ask

Do i need broker to find apartmemt

i know these are toomany questions but i have too many queries so never mind and help me..  :)

Regards
Tapan

In Norway 0.17% of the total population are Hindus, up from 5900 five years earlier and 3700 10 years earlier. Most of these Hindus are from South Asian descent with the majority of those being Tamil Hindus from Sri Lanka.

@sunil negi  your chances are bright,  just keep applying

@Hunbcgb

Hello and welcome !

Please note that you are posting on a very old thread ...

Regards

Bhavna