Hepatitis B - Dubai Visa rule 2013

Hi All,

I am from India, and I have got a good job offer [As Network Security Engineer] its software company in Dubai.

But, I am a HbsAg+ person . I wanted to know, whether they will give my residence visa in dubai or not. Right now, I have a good job in India.

I am afraid, if I resign this job and go to new one and they didnt allow me visa that would be disaster.

I have gone through Internet and all the results were contradictory.

According to the new rule set, only worker who falls under 6 categories are to be test. But, I have seen few post saying they were tested even if they don't fall under 6 categories.

I am a software professional and will be working with a software company.

Is there any software professional underwent medical test after Jan, 2013 with Heb B and cleared it? Kindly share your story that would be helpful.

"Help in need is help indeed"

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I suggest you check out this discussion on the Hepatitis B please as it might contain some useful information :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you for your reply, but I expect a real exp who has under gone this recently to help me out.

Hi All,

So, here is my story which I wanted to share with you all. I am a Hepatitis B positive person and I was like all you guys who was worried about this for getting my employment visa.

I am happy to share with you all that, I got my employment visa stamped on my passport smile

Story:

I am from a computer background, recently I have been offered by a dubai based company for a very good offer. I have already got a very good job in india where I was paid good for indian standard. I know very well I was Hep B +ve person and took up the interview for the dubai company and got selected.

At this time, a big question araised before me wheather to take this offer or not. It is because, what If i take the offer and after the medicals they deport me. If that is the case, I would lose my precious job which I already have.

I did my research in internet and found out that they check hep B only for person whose work category falls under 6 categories, however there was contracdicting report that people where checked for HepB inspite that they did not fall under that six category.

I was very much in doubt, but I called Dubai Health Authority, and said that I am a computer engineer and got a job in dubai and also i am a hep B positive person will I be allowed to get visa? They replied back saying yes you can, we will not any problem in that until the immigration does not have any problem.

With all this doubt surrounding, I took a bold decision to come into dubai quiting my job. Coz, I am sure that they wont consider HbsAg until you fall under that six category. My company applied for the visa I have under gone medicals and the result came out saying "Free from Infectious Dieases" I was elated and got my visa stamped on my passport.

So it is sure that Hep B is not been tested if your job category does not fall under 6 catergories. But I was wondering how come some ppl got tested for it and rest is history.

Must do for all the candidates who apply for visa :

When your company PRO applies for medical test make sure and get it confirm from them on what job profession they are applying the visa for. Make sure, the job profession in the visa application is mentioned as to the job related to you and not from any other categories.

All the process are computeriesed and pre decided, hence if the visa application it is mentioned as food handler and if your actual work is software engineer you will be tested for Hep B. Hence make sure your PRO applies in right category for you.

All the best for everyone and don't worry you will get through until your job is not in the 6 category.

Thanks.

Cc correct

Hi Jamshid375,

Your posting is quite vague.

Do you have any information related to the title of this discussion Hepatitis B - Dubai Visa rule 2013 to share with the members?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

HepB is not checked anymore since 2010 only under 6 category works are tested

Hello All!

I'm an environmental Engineer in Abu Dhabi. Today My PRO mentioned that my medical is clear in spite of having Hep B since 2008.
So the rule does exist. You just have to make sure that you don't fall in 6 categories.

Happy day!!

happy day!

i want to apply residency visa for my wife. she is hbv+ i don't know whether 6 category is applied or just in papers.

any housewife in this forum with hbv+ in UAE?

you know with out wife your family isn't complite. please help if you have any info regarding this. or give any address who can help.

thanks in advance. :)

Thank you for that good news mysteryverse.  Please let me just ask because my husband was selected as Document Controller in dubai and he is also a positive Hep B carrier.  He will undergo med test soon. And we know that the med lab in india will do the blood test also of Hepa B.  Please help us how did you do in that med test?

Thank you.

Hi Jamshid,

My husband is newly applying for dubai and positive for Hep B.  Can you advised us if its good to apply in india since the agencies here are taking blood test for Hep B or just go for tourist in dubai and directly apply there since there is no more test for Hep B expect for the 6 categories.

Thank you.

plz. give me ur mail-id

[email protected]

thanks for your prompt reply bro

i am from Pakistan,
i am Civil Construction AutoCad operator, i have Hypatytus B, i have job Offered in Dubai, what whould i do,
Can Someone please told me,i am Afraid about Madical..
My Email is [email protected]
thanks

Actually it's impossible to get employment with the condition of hypothesis B!

So I hope you cure it first

Some told me,they didnot test hypatytus B except six categerious,,,

happy day!!!

plz give me ur email id

@ imtiyazbsf: Why you do not want to communicate directly on the forum?

Nope, there was no medical test done for me in India

Hi Every one

But recently i come some News about ie Five years in jail for spreading communicable diseases in UAE.

Draft UAE law outlines rules for reporting communicable diseases

By Samir Salama, Associate Editor
Published: 21:30 April 3, 2014
Gulf News

Source:
gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/health/five-years-in-jail-for-spreading-communicable-diseases-in-u

What are the 6 categories where hep b test is no more required for jobs
in UAE?

sir,
I am also elected as a piping design engineer in one well known government company in Abudhabi. when do medical found HBSag+ and viral load is below 20Ul so doctor suggested that there is no need to any medication. i submit report to company and they told me after 3 months you are unfit for duty.

So i convince him to it is not mendetary test for me as per rule for UAE government. and it is for 6 category.
but they say not given to visa.

so please give me the government autority mail id or conatact detail so i can directly convince him for my candidature.

hi anybody guide me i am an mechanical engineer with hbsag+ is that possible to get visa to work in abudhabi and dubai

Hi Ramapriya,

Im Software engineer with hbsag+ and im staying in abudhabi from past 5 years,

Hbsag+ test for only category 6 (i.e., house made, Salon, beauty parlor and hospital etc).

hope ur going to work engineer line. If so don't worry, Hbsag+  test not applicable.

If you need any other information please reach @ [email protected].

All the best ...

has this rule been implemented. i m having medicals in this month.. i dont belong to six category.. ut reading this law i m getting down.. pls pray for me.. i trust in God. he only can help me

sujisaveme wrote:

Hi Every one

But recently i come some News about ie Five years in jail for spreading communicable diseases in UAE.

Draft UAE law outlines rules for reporting communicable diseases

By Samir Salama, Associate Editor
Published: 21:30 April 3, 2014
Gulf News

Source:
gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/health/five-years-in-jail-for-spreading-communicable-diseases-in-u

i m scared.. i m dying by reading this.. somebody pls help..... has this law came into action? i m havvin medicals in this mntth

The new Law is the people who are spreading it knowingly, You r just a carrier not spreading it.

I don't think this law will make any harm to you. Don't worry.

sujisaveme wrote:

The new Law is the people who are spreading it knowingly, You r just a carrier not spreading it.

I don't think this law will make any harm to you. Don't worry.

Law says that every visitors and residents will be checked for all comm diseases .. I don knw. Only God can help me ... I m havin medicals next week.. Please pray for me brothers and sisters

hi sujisaveme
witj god grace hope u got good medical result. following on
could u let us update ur medical result and current status for visa for hepb + carriers.

Hi, Osama here i am a Civil Engineer by profession living in mumbai india, i m looking forward to work in dubai coz its the only gulf country that is not testing hep b other than 6 categories.
What do u advise Should i apply through consultancy or should i apply directly in dubai by taking a tourist visa.
The Problems i am facing with consultancy is after i am selected they reject me fr having hep b they say they dnt want to take any chances.Even if i tell them that i have hep b before hand they tell me we will send you but on your own risk you have to bear the cost if something happens.
Will it be okay if i take a tourist visa and search fr a job there ,what are the chances of deportation and if the sysytem is automated y are there contradictry reports about the tests.

Kindly Reply

hey brother what is your job catagory did you passed your medical exam i am mechanical engineer and hepatitis b positive need some information brother ?

hey Bro how are you I saw your blog regarding hepatitis b. good too read and congratulations for your Visa. m b.tech mechanical engineer same condition hepatitis b . I am planing for visit dubai . if I find a job . my medical will be cleared from health ministry or hospital. . . I belong too poor family . please clear me my hbsag positive rest of tests are normal . please reply me 00923324454757  alialambhatti@hotmail I use Viber and whatsapp please contact with me. dubai health authority said I can work . no problem but some says it depends on employer . please clear me.

[moderated: no need to post the same thing and avoid your personal details on the forum]

I have got visa from the company dealing with spare parts of Vehicles.The visa issued me is for the post of Store Keeper. Sir i am a Hepatitis B but the virus is inactive. Please tell me that UAE health authority will deport me or not? I have contacted many people all informed me that your work is to deal with spare parts of vehicles only. So UAE health authority allows you to work at UAE. Sir please confirm me as soon as possible because it cost me alot if i get this visa.

Dear Mysteryreverse, 

I just want to thank you for sharing your story for your experienced was the reason why my husband made a bold decision to come to UAE to work as Civil Engineer even if he has hepatitis b. Just today he has already his emirates ID and his visa was already stamped on his passport. Thank you also expat-blog. This forum helped us a lot.

I am Civil Auto CAD Draftsman. I have 10 years experience in this field. I am Facing Hbsg Hypatytus B, I have a job offer in abudhabi, what can i do, i am afraid about Madical,,Dear can u Gudie me urgently.

My email is [email protected]

:( i want kill me self. I would like to work in Dubai, i have Hepatitis B positive, Help Me Plz, i lose my job . i told my family about it, what i do? help me please  my mail id.. [email protected]