Expats can bring in Second Degree Relatives on Visit Visas - Finally

Finally!!

I cannot tell you how long I have been waiting for this rule to come into effect in Kuwait.

For those confused, allow me to explain.

As expats from non-Western countries know, we cannot simply show up to Kuwait and get a visa on arrival, we must either have jobs, or get a company sponsored visit visa. If you have family in Kuwait i.e. father, mother, brother, sister, they can submit a visit visa request for you, and get you here for a maximum of 3 months. However, it was only for relatives of the first degree i.e. mom, dad, sister, brother. you could not for example, send a visit visa to your cousin to come visit.

Now, that rule has been amended, amongst talks of making the family visa 500KD, it was agreed to instead enter a tier for bringing in second degree relatives provided that the person holds a "good job" and earns at least 500KD.

Arab times (Link)

The Immigration General Department of the Interior Ministry has instructed directors of immigration offices in all six governorates to allow expatriates to bring their second-degree relatives on visit visas, provided the applicant is a doctor, engineer or holds a good job and earns a minimum of KD 500 per month, reports Al-Rai daily.

The department stipulated that the applicant must not be a national of the six countries whose citizens are currently banned from entering the country (Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and i Yemen or Ethiopia)

Security sources said expatriates with a minimum salary of KD 250 can bring their first-degree relatives on visit visas, while those earning KD 500 and above can even bring second-degree relatives and their wife's family members. The applicants and the visitors must abide by all regulations governing visits and follow the law of the state, they added.

This is great news, do you have any idea of the documentation required to prove for example a nephew or cousin?

ur kids go to my old school :P

well, if its nephew that would be your brothers children, hence the name of their father on their passport will be similar to yours (family, surname etc), as for cousins, it gets tricky. ur uncle would have the same family name as your dad, whose name is on ur passport.

its new territory, im guessing they have forms and procedures, best to ask over at the jawazat roundabout near City Center salmiya.

Thanks for the reply.  Problem is nephew is sisters son and cousin from maternal side. Thus different family names in both cases. Guess will just have to wait and see how this develops.

I know I am dragging the old thread out, but this is exactly what I am wondering right now. My wife aunt would like to visit us, and although initially I though it would be a no go, it appears that it might be possible. I am supposed to present the proof of kinship, but I am wondering which one it would be. :-/ Heck, even me and my wife do not share the same family name. :)
If anyone has a recent experience please share, in the mean time I will check with the immigration department and see what they say.

legacy wrote:

Finally!!

I cannot tell you how long I have been waiting for this rule to come into effect in Kuwait.

For those confused, allow me to explain.

As expats from non-Western countries know, we cannot simply show up to Kuwait and get a visa on arrival, we must either have jobs, or get a company sponsored visit visa. If you have family in Kuwait i.e. father, mother, brother, sister, they can submit a visit visa request for you, and get you here for a maximum of 3 months. However, it was only for relatives of the first degree i.e. mom, dad, sister, brother. you could not for example, send a visit visa to your cousin to come visit.

Now, that rule has been amended, amongst talks of making the family visa 500KD, it was agreed to instead enter a tier for bringing in second degree relatives provided that the person holds a "good job" and earns at least 500KD.

Arab times (Link)

The Immigration General Department of the Interior Ministry has instructed directors of immigration offices in all six governorates to allow expatriates to bring their second-degree relatives on visit visas, provided the applicant is a doctor, engineer or holds a good job and earns a minimum of KD 500 per month, reports Al-Rai daily.

The department stipulated that the applicant must not be a national of the six countries whose citizens are currently banned from entering the country (Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and i Yemen or Ethiopia)

Security sources said expatriates with a minimum salary of KD 250 can bring their first-degree relatives on visit visas, while those earning KD 500 and above can even bring second-degree relatives and their wife's family members. The applicants and the visitors must abide by all regulations governing visits and follow the law of the state, they added.

ive just read this forum.. thanks for this forum... im excited to process on my daughters papers for her visit visa... its applicable right? his father
has a minimum salary of 250KD a month.. its possible.:) !Thanks

no problem whatsoever with daughter.

Majority of the cases its first degree only but depends on your IQAMA profession they do allow second degree as well.

efixyz wrote:

Majority of the cases its first degree only but depends on your IQAMA profession they do allow second degree as well.

Thanks. its possible that we can sponsor her..as soon as the two of us(my husband ) is working together in kuwait... then she will be holding a dependent visa..  am I right?