STC 4G LTE Internet Connection - Problems --- Slow Speed

I am using the same router, and i checked my speed now after reading your blog, my speed is 10Mbps and i have kept it inside my home, and my apartment is on ground floor. so the bar shows just 1 dot.
My suggestion to you is to long in into your roter http://homerouter.cpe/
or 192.168.1.1

and go to the Internet

if the NETWORK MODE is AUTO, change it to only 4G, than only 3G and check, sometimes u will get a better speed on 3G also.

All the best

"if the NETWORK MODE is AUTO, change it to only 4G, than only 3G and check, sometimes u will get a better speed on 3G also."

3G is old technology for STC connectivity because of slow speed of internet in 3G they upgraded to 4G. When you use 3G mode in your router definitely you will get 5 bars signal but not high speed internet. If you want to get the best performance you must use 4G mode in your router. Some places you will get 4 bars and most of the places 1-3 bars.

My suggestion is to find the compatible 4G external antenna for STC 4G router(Huawei). Beware of some antennas that they selling most the shop because they are not good when you use them nothing has change in your signal or may be will get worse or your 3 bars (without antenna) will become 1 bars (with antenna).

i use the antenna given by the stc office in mursalat. .. more bars yes,,, but speed lowers down...

Even i have the same issue.... the speed is very slow in the evening.. never crosses 50KB/s during the evening if i am downloading movies n stuff...
but download the same movie early morning or late night and it downloads at 5MB/s...

i m near abha bellasmar and my 4g router was working ok but all of a sudden its getting slow although some time i get full signals but still it works slow

Hi, dear all friends. i am living in Al-Nahda area.facing same problem,before my Quicknet service giving me average 10mbps.but now since last 1 week i am getting only 2 mbps. speed.and maximum time in 4G network mode.internet is not working. is there any one can give any solution to Speed up this condition??plz give some technical Advice to get the proper Speed from STC. thanks & regards.

3g/4g signal is difficult to achieved if you are using the router in a place where surrounded by buildings. so if your router is located in the back of the building ground floor and you are surrounded by other buildings, you will not get efficient signal.

4g/3g router antenna is very short/small. if you have a car, bring your modem outside of the building, plug your router/modem in the cars' electrical 12v, turn it on and you will find that you are getting very good signal, its because you are in an open area. short antenna works well in open areas. now go back to your room, you will not get the same strong signal like outside. so buy outdoor antenna for your router if you are using it inside a building.

brother...i put my Modem in my Apartment 2nd floor. i also connect a outdoor 4G antena for Stable Network,last 5 month i get average 10mbps. speed. now since couple of week i am not getting that speed,not its coming maximum 2-3mbps. in this situation what can i do? if you have any Idea to solve it,and increase the speed.please advice me.

I Have the same problem as yours, until now i don't know what should i do? the signal is good but the speed is Low. hope that STC will solve this issue

As soon as i download something via torrent, next day Mobily will cut my bandwidth to almost dysfunctional level. This will continue for a few days and then will be back to normal. As i understand and as correctly mentioned, most of the time if you have good signals, then the ISP has probably cut your bandwidth to imply "fair usage".

glenn2030 wrote:

I Have the same problem as yours, until now i don't know what should i do? the signal is good but the speed is Low. hope that STC will solve this issue

Signal is good coz you are in coverage area, but to blams your connection speed, that only depends on the number of users in that area. Signal only helps you with coverage, but internet speed always depends on the number of users nearby you. So even you complain this hell lot of times, nothing gonna change. Coz i experienced this shit before and tired and gaveup. Good Luck.

brothers, can you confirm me from your STC 4G quick net connection how many Speed you are getting now? is it 2MBPS or more than that?/please share your experience about STC 4G connection.

I'm also using Stc-4g router 3 month unlimited and having slow speed connection since 3 days, I had same problem before I went to
stc store and make a complaint then I reach
My home,internet was working perfect speed 40mbps speed,so I think they are limiting the speed.i was thinking again to go to stc store and complaint regarding this matter and ask about f.. fair user policy and how many gb maximum we can use for month, need to clarify
what stc meaning about unlimited internet . And why they are not telling this fair user policy when we pay...that s it. My advice to make a complaint.thanks

Don't waste your money for your antenna, visit the stc store and complaint, they will not care if you make complaint over the phone.

Hi There, I am using an LTE 4G myfi router from STC.
I get 2 connection options for wireless connection to my device, one connection which asks for a password key and the other which is free.Does someone know how to disable the free connection.

I just bought STC LTE 4G ROUTER my signal is OK but a very slow speed from 54mbps drop to 11mbps. Before it was stable at 65mbps and I did not suffer any problem in skype connection or any other video calling internationally, starting from May 20, 2014 until now  the problem exist 'the droping of my internet connection",. I can't able to connect in skype to call my family out of saudi. Kindly give me an advice how to fix this issue. Thank you

go to your IP address in a web and configure you router, check your details of name and password under the router. Go to WI-FI menu there are 4 available connection in the router, disable the the three other, and provide a password to other one.

Speed drop from 54mbps to 11 mbps seems to be your computer's wireless connection with the router. Try placing your wireless router in the same room as your computer and away from other wireless devices such as cordless phones.

Hi All,
Asalamalykum
It was interesting to read all your comments, After going through them all, i think its better to go for FTTH rather than 3G/4G. I have checked in my building i have a FTTH box from STC. I want to activate STC service. I wanted to know if anyone is knows about the following :

1. I'm planning to buy Jood Net Service ( internet only) 4Mbps . Is this enough for Skype/Youtube. , Does 4Mbps means 4Mbps on Fibre or will it be also less.

2. What do you suggest should i go for post paid 149SAR/Month , or the prepaid service, Which one is better, I know prepaid is cheap.

3. If i change my room after couple of months will STC move the router to new place ? What is the procedure ?

4. Can we disconnect the service anytime we want ? if Yes, will they refund the money which we had paid in prepaid service ( 6 or 9 months package).

Thanks all for your response.
Have a good weekend.

Asalamalykum

Assalam O Allaikum!!

Hope everybody is fine.

I am using STC 4G LTE Internet Connection. I am receiving the speed 72mbps. However the download and upload speed in both 3G and 4G is very slow. I have tried to change the network mode but I am facing the same problem. 3G is somehow better then 4G. During Skype chat the 2nd party can not listen me. I have tried all options to change the wifi channel. but problem persist the same. someone told me that update your router then you can get the better speed. He told me that I have 15 wifi channels. Anyone can tell me that how can I update the channel

Salam Brothers,

I have recently purchased STC 4G wifi connection. I am facing 2 problems.

1. Download speed goes maximum by 3MB/s. Tried shifting between 3G & 4G but no use.
2. Even on 3MB/s, skype is not working. Even the voice calls are not possible.

Can anyone please help me on these issues?

Thanks.

Arshad

I purchased an external antenna, i need to know how to change the antenna settings? thank you.

Dear,if you want to connect any external antenna,than just connect it with your 4G modem. it will automatically detect to the settings.no need to to anything, i would like to request please let me know about your Maximum download speed you are getting right now from stc quicknet service.i am getting now 2 to 3 mbps Maximum. what about you ??

it's not automatically detecting my external antenna. no button at all if I'd like to configure it. I am getting 2-4 MBps. Thanks.

Riyadh our camp more than 6 very worst net stc now ,don't take anyone,we go to complained,no Responsible

i do have the same problem with skype... i think its being filtered?

I know its frustrating, I am using same package in Exit 2 Riyadh and speed is amazing.
Try going to STC and ask for a replacement may be your router has got some problem

i also have the stc 4g living near thalia in riyadh first 3 months i had i hit the fair usage policy limit after 20 days and for next 2 months speed was 2 mbps after that i now got new sim card and after 28 days my speed is 1 mbps yesterday it was 60mbps i am going to go and complaint today will let you guys know what going on

it seems i have a weird thing going on where if i download more than i think 5-6gb in the day speed gets capped at 1 mbps
STC hos not mentioned what their fair usage policy is anywhere i looked at the site couldn't find it the customer care is a total waste who knows nothing

You should stop wondering as it will not help, STC just gives a taste of good internet at first then it messes it up for you. As you can see in my display picture no matter how many bars you have your internet will still suck. They give these cheap modems that can't process high speed internet. I tried complaining yet i received no help whatsoever. At first my internet used to range from 20Mb-50Mb the first few months, but now 2Mb and if i was lucky 20Mb. You can cut the simcard so it fits inside an iphone or any smartphone that has 4g and offers internet sharing by Hotspots etc. Even if the simcard is cut into a smaller shape (make sure you don't cut the copper part) you can still use it in the stupid modem.

Dont blame the Hawaiian router here the device is more then capable for providing speeds upto 150mbps
I have found out through testing the fair usage limit after which speeds are reduced if u download more then 20-25gb per day throughout the week for two weeks ur speed will be limited to 1mbps after 5gb of full speed in a day the limit will be removed after 2 weeks to normal speeds

Another limit is hit by uploading on torrents if u upload around 500gb in a couple weeks u will be capped to 2mbps until end of subscription that's what happens to me first time

Speed also depends on location  like I live near thaliaa in Riyadh and get max 90mbps my friend lives in hara he gets max 17mbps so it depends on how free the network tower you are connected to is bandwidth wise

These are the observations I had in 5 months

Helli sir
               Babu.a
                Bsc(it)in india chennai degree holder
Live in riyath for house driver 1 year finish
But work not satisfication so search in new job

I have a problem .we dint have internet for 7 days now for stc postpaid line.the technician came but was unable to fix it.he said that there is a signal on our box but he is not receiving any connection on our line.

how to do local update?

I have STC Quicknet 4G Unlimited and lately ive been experiencing speed issues. so does anyone here know if there is any fair usage policy? for example in mobily 4g unlimited they allow 15GB data usage with high speed and on exceeding 15GB with in a week they limit download speed to max 256kbps. So is it the same case with STC Unlimited package? any ideas?

ok. signal is different from bandwidth. signal is the sensitivity of your antennas reception to an electronic tranmission. (BTW, i'm working from one major telco here in Saudi.)

Bandwidth is how wide is the path of your internet path. Let's say you are driving in King Fahad road at 200 kph and you're the only one driving in that road, you can drive faster. right? now say one hundred fifty cars are driving with you on the same road at the same time on the same direction and there are 1 million cars going to you, can you drive faster? no. because you have limited road space.

that's the scenario. now change the car to your 'dsl connection'.  what does the TRAFFIC police do to prevent overspeeding? They implemented the SAHER. Right? to slow your driving. right?

Now what does the telecom do to prevent other people from using too much bandwidth? the telecom will slow you down. how? By the Fair Usage Policy and De-Throttling of you speed.

So please don't complain. All broadband connections around the world are the same.

Hi All

I live in Hafr Al Batin, Al Faisaliyah area (with practically no STC tower in vicinity) but the GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA connection on my Android phone was good so I purchased the STC 4G Router (1300SAR, from LuLu khobar, 12months) hoping that with boasted speeds (of 150MBps DL and 50MBps UL),  will fair atleast decent speeds of 10MBps (150MBps is only laboratory test condition speed with practicality of only a max. 80-90MBps).

However the actual speeds that I'm getting are comparably lower with speeds following to as low as 0.8MBps and going upto 8.8MBps DL. A repeated test of 10-15 trails on www.speedtest.net has given an average of 1.8MBps DL while the signal strength( On router it shows as  horizontal bars) is just 1-2 bars for 4G (read it as just 1 Bar).

As I have kept the network in 'AutoSelect' mode, the router frequently changes to 3G with all 5 Bars but speeds of 1.2- 1.6MBps (on similar 10-15 trail criteria on speedtest.net)

But practically speaking, all daily requirements of YouTube video HD streaming, Online HD Streaming of Bigg Boss, FIFA gaming online, XBMC etc. are being met sufficiently.

So I guess for an individual user with a Lappy and a WiFi shared mobile phone this router is sufficient.

Regards.  :top:

How can i know the number of users in a particular channel?

only 3G frequency engineers can tell you that. or you will know it by studying telecommunication engineering for 4 years.

Please fast network sir!!! my stc signal low

Closed