How the life in Palestine?

I m a Chinese girl but my boyfriend is a palestinian.. However my family doesn,t agree our marriage because they are worried about me will live in a hard and unsafe life in palestine, (palestine in their mind is full of dangerous under occupy by israel,poor life.. ), I don,t mean anything by saying these, just because my family love me and worry about me, also none of us go palestine before, so we don,t know the exact real life in Palestine..So anyone here who living in palestine can help me ? is ther any foreign girls married to palestine?

Pls , Pls, Thanks for any of your help in advance!

Hello,
You can contact the Chinese embassy and ask about the situations in Palestine. I am a Palestinian, live in Ramallah.
It is hard to describe the environment of Palestine, I suggest to go and visit it. The image sold in media is not true, Palestine is totally safe, you will find much foreigners live and work there.
When there is any danger, it is because of the Israeli army, and it happens only in some known places, not every where. Even though it is not that dangerous as one can imagine. You will not get hurted or something :)
BR

Thanks Ayman~
I just can speak English except Chinese, so i cannot speak Arabic, is that a problem for me to live or find a job here ?
By the way, is it okay for me to find a job here ?
is the things in palestine very expensive? any entertainment here ?

A while ago, i sent emails to the china embassy in Palestine, but he said in a very euphemistic way..So i m still confused.

I m sorry to ask you so many question, i also asked my boyfriend before, Maybe because he love palestine too much , so he said everything to me is ''no worry''. I m moved by local people love their own country, but i want to  know a real palestine..

Thanks Ayman~
I just can speak English except Chinese, so i cannot speak Arabic, is that a problem for me to live or find a job here ?
By the way, is it okay for me to find a job here ?
is the things in palestine very expensive? any entertainment here ?

A while ago, i sent emails to the china embassy in Palestine, but he said in a very euphemistic way..So i m still confused.

I m sorry to ask you so many question, i also asked my boyfriend before, Maybe because he love palestine too much , so he said everything to me is ''no worry''. I m moved by local people love their own country, but i want to  know a real palestine..

for sure it is better to get started learning Arabic, for the use in the daily life and in street. Some says it is difficult, but it wont be that difficult as Chinese.
For the work, it depends upon your field, mostly it is OK to know English only. You can apply for different associations working in English only. As UN offices, international companies and associations. Many foreigners are doing so.
The living costs are also dependent of how is your life style, in some cases it could be like Europe or a little bet cheaper. But you can find also what you want from cheaper places. In general I am talking about Ramallah, which is the most expensive city in Palestine. Where do you want to live? which city?

Thanks Ayman~~

His home is in a village of Jenin City,in the West Bank..How about here ?

I know from net that many men here like having their wives staying at home, is that true? It seems like the women here not very freedom or disadvantaged, I know this is a common phenomenon in the world, but the phenomenon in Palestine maybe more serious.??

Really there isn,t bus and train ? just run taxi? Can we ride bike when go out ?? because all these traffics are so common in other countries..

Oh, yes, still one most important question, he is muslim, i have no religion, do i have to become muslim then can marry?

I really don,t know how i can adapt here if go...

Hello, I live in Bethlehem, Palestine.  Life for me and my three daughters is fine.  There is not a problem with safety here.  I don't go to any of the demonstrations, so I avoid the conflict.  I live on the west bank side.  I also know a woman living here from China.  There are many international women living here with their husbands.  I suggest that you come for a visit.  Many people love it here after their first visit.  I have been here for four years.  Life here is so peaceful and laid back.  I am originally from the US.  I find life here much safer and women have more respect here.  I hope this helps a little with your question.  Good Luck.  Tina

Thanks Umma..
Did your family agree with you when intend to transfer Palestine?! or your husband is the palestinian? I m sorry if this is related your private, but i want to know what's your family attitude to your transfer or marriage? is the life in USA more rich & enjoyable than Palestine?
yes, my family doesn,t agree with me marry to a palestinian, I know should control my own life, but how can i make my family accept while i cannot hurt them..

Thanks

I can tell you that my family didn't have much choice in who I married.  I had already converted to Islam, so I had to marry a Muslim.  We stayed in the US for many years before our move.  My family wasn't happy with it, but then again, it was not their decision.  It was totally our decision.  We keep in contact via Skype, facebook, and etc.

Hi again, it is not necessary for a woman to convert to Islam when marrying a Muslim man. Bur people would support your husband more if you can convert.. It more like a cultural issue when having a foreigner wife. Some people do and others dont. So this up to you and your husband.

For the transportation yes generally we have taxis, buses, and private cars. No train no metro, but it is not a big deal, Palestine is very small..

For the work for women it is also up to how you agree with your husband. We have both styles of women who stay home and raise kids etc, and have many business women and employees.. So this is also a choice.

Jenin is in the north of Ramallah, smaller a little bit - knowing that all cities here are small. But Jenin have a magnificent nature, and many people there working in agriculture. But surely there is a companies, university, markets etc.

Good luck
Ayman

Daily life in Palestine is difficult to say the least