Watch your language!!!

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/LANGUAGE_zps90b450d0.jpg?t=1411641613

Each one of Expat-blog's forums has 5 separate "language-specific" versions. There are forums for English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese postings. In each of these forums members should be posting only in the language of that forum. If you are in an Anglophone forum, then in consideration for all of the other members please post in English only. Similarly if you are in a Francophone forum, then you should only be posting in French, etc.

You can access any of our 5 language-specific forums by clicking on the flag icon that you see in the green banner at the top of each page and selecting the desired language in the drop-down window.

Oh, and if the title fooled you and you were thinking that I was talking about profanity... well watch your language too, that's a no-no here, OK.  :top:

Hello James,

This is a very good post !  :top:

Thank you for this clear information.

Priscilla

I think it's about time to bump this post up to the top of the list again. Many of you new members either do not understand the rules contained in your local forum's CODE OF CONDUCT about language; or you do not understand how to access one of the other 4 language-specific versions (French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese) of our forums.

The fact remains that the forums that normally appear on your computer are ALL Anglophone forums unless you select one of the other languages. When you post to any of our forums you are required to post ONLY in the language of that forum. So that means ENGLISH ONLY here in the Anglophone forums, FRENCH ONLY in the Francophone Forums, SPANISH ONLY in the Hispanic Forums, etc.

Please respect all of our other members and follow this rule. Postings in other languages to any of the forums are subject to moderation and being removed.

On a slightly different note, watch your bad language as well.
I've noticed a few naughty words of late - better to leave them out. :)

About time to bump this up to the top of the list again to remind our members about the language requirements for our forums.

I personally think that it is a matter of respect. When you post to a forum in any other language, than the language of that forum it shows a lack of respect for ALL the other members on that forum. You are consciously excluding them from your conversation, essentially saying "I don't want to talk to you!"

Some people shrug this off, saying, "Oh, sorry I didn't read the rules (CODE OF CONDUCT in each forum), but sorry even that is a feable excuse at best. Just how difficult is it to understand that when everybody else is posting in English (on our Anglophone forums) that there MUST be a reason for that??? How hard is it to understand that maybe, just maybe, you should be posting in that language too??? This is not rocket science here people!!! It's good old-fashioned common sense, and respect for all of our other members

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR